The East Fife Thread

Having watched a couple of the cup games in July I liked the look of the team and said it was better balanced than last season. The first few results were disappointing but now we have found a system that is working and getting positive results.

It’s a good problem to have when your sub keeps scoring after coming on from the bench too. Things are looking good at the moment but we can’t get too carried away and just take it game by game.

Another good win, big respect to any fans who travelled down to watch the game, it was a few miles too many for me this weekend.

Sitting in a playoff place just now is great having been bottom a month ago, but I genuinely think that this year the league is so even in the middle pack, that it will probably  go to the wire. I am glad we have options off the bench/ for rotation,  the squad has good depth, and right now everyone is playing their part.

As for the lack of comments from the ‘young must go’ camp, I don’t mind that (although I don’t miss it) I’m probably on the other side of the spectrum and back managers for too much time during bad results, a few moaners probably adds balance. 

2 hours ago, Frank conner said:

So I take it Darren Young is the best thing since social security in methil then?

Says the guy from Smeaton!!!

I know it's hard Frank, but try and stop making a tit of yourself!!!:lol:

Excellent performance from the whole team. They work hard and for each other. Good to see Chris Kane getting a run. Meggat is outstanding and him and Kane work well. Courts and Dowds really soften up defences and Watson and Slattery really good getting forward. The midfield are tireless. Well worth the 350 mile round trip

IF MY AUNTIE HAD BAWZ - PART 3
So if I've got this right, if Airdrie drop points to Arbroath next week (it's possible) and Dumbarton can beat the Lino Lickers next week (it's possible) and we can keep our good run going and beat Stennie next week (it's possible) and if those results ALL came in next week, we would be SECOND by next Saturday teatime!!!
f**k me!!!

So if I've got this right, if Airdrie drop points to Arbroath next week (it's possible) and Dumbarton can beat the Lino Lickers next week (it's possible) and we can keep our good run going and beat Stennie next week (it's possible) and if those results ALL came in next week, we would be SECOND by next Saturday teatime!!!
f**k me!!!

If there's a huge goal swing then it's possible!!! So we're saying there's a chance!

If there's a huge goal swing then it's possible!!! So we're saying there's a chance!

Joint 2nd is still 2nd at this stage of the season Doug, in the same way that we are actually third after yesterday!!![emoji6]

6 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:
8 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Joint 2nd is still 2nd at this stage of the season Doug, in the same way that we are actually third after yesterday!!!emoji6.png

Of course. My bad!

Nae worries Doug, let's just relax and do one of the things we do best, point and laugh at the Rovers!!!

image.gif

Well worth the trip!! DY and the lads continuing the run much to myself and all fifers delight :D roll on next week- game by game as i have previously stated. Starting 11 seem to have cemented their place, no real criticisms of anyone (agree with FF's comments, Meggatt Kane and Watson the stand outs for me yesterday). Moreover the subs, aka Currie, coming on and doing the business is great to see....would like to see Thomson put on in the second half, his pace would destroy tired defenders!

Here's to keeping the momentum up!

SS

6 hours ago, King Kebab said:

f**k me!!!

yeah its absloute mental the league table, i believe league one you need to earn points like alloa (last season; the season before) to get anywhere near the play offs or amogst the top of the pack and certainly were on the right tracks.

14 hours ago, DutchBorderer said:

Been looking at yous with a lot of jealousy; what a way to turn things around after a bad start. Has the team been playing really well? Think Stenhousemuir will be an easy three points at this rate?

It feels like we had a decent team and were often playing reasonably well without getting the results at the start. A few changes to the line up in the last few weeks has made a big difference. Meggat loving to centre half, Agnew moving from the wing to the middle and Dowds and Court up front with Smith and Currie to come off the bench has us looking a lot better.

We have one of the most hilariously polarising supports ever. 50/50 split between "everythings shite" and "everythings great".

Brilliant to see us move up the table. Still not managed to get to a game since the league cup and it seems we're putting a lot of the wrongs right from that spell. Long may it continue.