The East Fife Thread

3 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

I remember the fat Aberdeen fan getting booted out but unless It happened twice it was the cup game the season before.

The reason I remember is I went to both previous cup game defeats and decided to give this one a miss (assuming we'd get pumped again) and we only went and beat them. Feckin ragin so I was. :lol:

Ha, aye could have been one of the earlier ones.

I remember hearing Robbo getting interviewed on the radio on the way up talking about how we were going to attack them and have a real go. I thought we were going to be slaughtered after listening to that.

Time for this weeks episode of "If My Auntie Had Bawz..."!!!
If in next weeks fixtures Airdrie and Dumbarton can take points of each other and if Forfar can take something out of their Angus Derby with Brechin and of course if we can beat Stranraer (no easy feat), we could actually be third next week!!!
Fucking hell, wasn't saying that a fortnight ago!!!

Well there you fuckin' go!!!
IMG_4227.jpg

Loving how the results are now coming in.
Working our way up the league now! Darren and the boys deserve all the plaudits they can get now. Keep the run going and who knows that can happen. Love how the moaners are straight on this when we lose but congratulating the team isn’t worth coming on to do!

MON THE FIFE

44 minutes ago, sirscottyoung said:

Loving how the results are now coming in.
Working our way up the league now! Darren and the boys deserve all the plaudits they can get now. Keep the run going and who knows that can happen. Love how the moaners are straight on this when we lose but congratulating the team isn’t worth coming on to do!

MON THE FIFE

You tried that line last week. Maybe they've got better things to do? 

I'm one of the moaners and I'm here.  Whilst the recent run is promising lets not get too carried away. I'll not hold my hands up because I've got f**k all to hold them up for and you're  comment wont change that.  We're all entitled to vent our spleen. Young's record up until a month ago has been truly shocking so I'm not holding my breath just yet. I said at the turn of the season I hope he turns things around and I still do. 

The 0-5 at home to the lino whores did it for me (Its a passionate rivalry thing) and if this run continues I'll be at the next Rovers game to see if he can make amends. 

ps

Great result today. 

1 hour ago, Stevo Fife said:

You tried that line last week. Maybe they've got better things to do? 

I'm one of the moaners and I'm here.  Whilst the recent run is promising lets not get too carried away. I'll not hold my hands up because I've got f**k all to hold them up for and you're  comment wont change that.  We're all entitled to vent our spleen. Young's record up until a month ago has been truly shocking so I'm not holding my breath just yet. I said at the turn of the season I hope he turns things around and I still do. 

The 0-5 at home to the lino whores did it for me (Its a passionate rivalry thing) and if this run continues I'll be at the next Rovers game to see if he can make amends. 

ps

Great result today. 

Agree. It’s well documented social behaviour. When East Fife are on a losing run some fans have nothing to do with their time. When  East Fife hit a wee bit of form they have better things to do.

It’s known as Yer Maw Punts Cooncil Syndrome

Four wins in a row is our best sequence of results since December 2016 The long suffering Bayview faithful should just enjoy the feel good factor on a Saturday night. Seriously it seems to all have turned around at the san siro of Central Park . The manager incredibly decided to play 2 strikers in his starting 11 and everything has turned around on its head. Very pleased for Chris Kane who has had very little game time over the last year or so. Daryl Meggart looks like a real leader of men at the back and the whole balance of the team looks really good. We also for the first time in a long time have good options on the bench. Hope a lot of the guys who have been staying away get out and support the team next week, and dare I say they’ll be surprised at the decent football on display.

Four wins in a row is our best sequence of results since December 2016 The long suffering Bayview faithful should just enjoy the feel good factor on a Saturday night. Seriously it seems to all have turned around at the san siro of Central Park . The manager incredibly decided to play 2 strikers in his starting 11 and everything has turned around on its head. Very pleased for Chris Kane who has had very little game time over the last year or so. Daryl Meggart looks like a real leader of men at the back and the whole balance of the team looks really good. We also for the first time in a long time have good options on the bench. Hope a lot of the guys who have been staying away get out and support the team next week, and dare I say they’ll be surprised at the decent football on display.

Can I just point out that the manager has played 2 up front in every game this season with the exception of St Johnstone away. He didn’t just start at Cowdenbeath. Other than that agree 100%

What a difference a bit of confidence makes to a team and the supporters, driving down to Stranraer today i was fully expecting to take something from the game and hoping we could keep the winning run going, fully deserved the win with 2 good goals and 2 efforts cleared off the line, 2 winnable games to finish the first quarter, onwards and upwards. MTF

34 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Can I just point out that the manager has played 2 up front in every game this season with the exception of St Johnstone away. He didn’t just start at Cowdenbeath. Other than that agree 100%

Meaning two actual real strikers not guys like Scott McBride being shoe horned in a striking role. Seemed the manager never had much faith in a certain striker he had signed as up until that game he never saw much game time .