The East Fife Thread

Bad choice of locomotive, that one is buggered, boiler is leaking worse than the Airdrie defence

That's just the "Emergency Service" locomotive, the real Fife Express is fully repaired and, after its severe derailing last season, is stoked and ready!!!

IMG_4197.jpg.2a4d6a67e3e0b13a6b39e27c52a980a8.jpg

IMG_4197.jpg.12104bcb706f1a5b86930cb7d88c775b.jpg

IMG_4205.jpg.4ef21c6a600ce9345ee948a8f4e1c1c2.jpg

Seven years ago today we knocked Aberdeen out of the League Cup, Wallace, Park and Sloan scoring our goals!!!

What a great night that was, one of the days you live for supporting a team outwith the Scottish Premiership!!!

Whatever happened to Matthew Park???

Eta: anybody able to namecheck the seven players above???

22 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Seven years ago today we knocked Aberdeen out of the League Cup, Wallace, Park and Sloan scoring our goals!!!

What a great night that was, one of the days you live for supporting a team outwith the Scottish Premiership!!!

?, Rob Ogleby, Scott Durie, Matthew Park, Stevie Hislop, Darren Smith,?

David White, Rob Ogleby, Scott Durie, Matthew Park, Stevie Hislop, Darren Smith, Scott Dalziel

David White, Rob Ogleby, Scott Durie, Matthew Park, Stevie Hislop, Darren Smith, Scott Dalziel

Alright smart arse, who's standing behind Park??? [emoji23]

5 hours ago, King Kebab said:

A wee surf through the backwaters of some random forums from 5 years ago seems to suggest he fucked his knee ligaments one too many times and decided to jack it in.

Is that the Robert Linn that’s not as good as Kyle Wilkie?or another one?[emoji12]

No that says B. Linn and is in fact his brother Bernie, who could have had a good career but chucked it to make a go of it in UCF!!!

Robert Linn is the one you've got, who still isn't as good as (pre career knackering injury) Kyle Wilkie!!!

What a night that was though. Best game I've been to. Not only beating a Premier team but on their own patch, classic roller coaster of a game with absolute screamers going in all over the place, but then the best penalty shoot out I've seen as well. I think I probably aged 5 years that night.

Anyone remember the fat Aberdeen fan who was having a bit of a meltdown in the stand beside us, started getting absolute pelters then lost it so badly, he had to get chucked out by the police.

It was probably better for him tbh.

No that says B. Linn and is in fact his brother Bernie, who could have had a good career but chucked it to make a go of it in UCF!!!
Robert Linn is the one you've got, who still isn't as good as (pre career knackering injury) Kyle Wilkie!!!

[emoji23] decent.

This Kyle Wilkie thing honestly baffles me though, no matter how hard I’ve looked out for him I’ve never ever noticed him. Even when Sir Robert played for you guys he stuck out like a sore thumb, he was an absolute wind up and regularly had me seething, such a good player, him playing off Templeman that season EF were ridiculous.

Kyle Wilkie is nowhere near him, Bobby is in my honest opinion one of the best lower league (bottom 2 tiers) players I’ve seen in my 18 or so years going to games. Both feet, quick (even quicker this year) skilful, takes a goal... can’t ask for any more from a winger at this level. The thought of us without him scares me.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

emoji23.png decent.

This Kyle Wilkie thing honestly baffles me though, no matter how hard I’ve looked out for him I’ve never ever noticed him. Even when Sir Robert played for you guys he stuck out like a sore thumb, he was an absolute wind up and regularly had me seething, such a good player, him playing off Templeman that season EF were ridiculous.

Kyle Wilkie is nowhere near him, Bobby is in my honest opinion one of the best lower league (bottom 2 tiers) players I’ve seen in my 18 or so years going to games. Both feet, quick (even quicker this year) skilful, takes a goal... can’t ask for any more from a winger at this level. The thought of us without him scares me.

Well they're both off now so honest opinion...

Similar positions but very different players. I get what you're saying cos Bobby was always a more noticeable and 'flashy' player. He ran at players and took them on, that was never really Wilkie's game.

The season we won L2, Wilkie was phenomenal. As good as Bobby Linn was at his best for us I reckon. Clearly he's been nowhere near that for the last two years through a combination of injury and playing deeper where the rumours were he wanted to play but is much less effective there. Whereas Bobby Linn seems to be in the form of his life. He was always a form player. With us, there were times he was utterly unplayable and time where he did almost nothing. Don't know if it's a confidence thing with him or what but Dick Campbell seems to know how to get the most out of him, so fair play to him. Always liked him when he was with us.

So the comparison between the two now seems a bit silly but in 15/16 I genuinely wouldn't have swapped Wilkie for Linn having seen both of them play for East Fife.

Well they're both off now so honest opinion...
Similar positions but very different players. I get what you're saying cos Bobby was always a more noticeable and 'flashy' player. He ran at players and took them on, that was never really Wilkie's game.
The season we won L2, Wilkie was phenomenal. As good as Bobby Linn was at his best for us I reckon. Clearly he's been nowhere near that for the last two years through a combination of injury and playing deeper where the rumours were he wanted to play but is much less effective there. Whereas Bobby Linn seems to be in the form of his life. He was always a form player. With us, there were times he was utterly unplayable and time where he did almost nothing. Don't know if it's a confidence thing with him or what but Dick Campbell seems to know how to get the most out of him, so fair play to him. Always liked him when he was with us.
So the comparison between the two now seems a bit silly but in 15/16 I genuinely wouldn't have swapped Wilkie for Linn having seen both of them play for East Fife.

Confidence, good players around him and the fact he went an extra mile this year, lost a stone over pre season doing boxing training. He’s so much sharper and can use both feet, so he’s making himself a half yard every week and getting goals because defenders don’t know what way to put him. If he stayed on the pitch last week I reckon he would’ve ended up with 4 or 5 he had the boy Meechan on toast.

9 goals in 12 games from out wide now.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Confidence, good players around him and the fact he went an extra mile this year, lost a stone over pre season doing boxing training. He’s so much sharper and can use both feet, so he’s making himself a half yard every week and getting goals because defenders don’t know what way to put him. If he stayed on the pitch last week I reckon he would’ve ended up with 4 or 5 he had the boy Meechan on toast.

Genuinely pleased to hear he's kicking on. There's obviously been a little of bit of needle between Bobby and the East Fife fans in the past but that's football. He was part of a great team for us and he seems like a really decent guy.

And as much as there's always a good rivalry between East Fife and Arbroath I'm really impressed with the job Dick Campbell's done there. He looks like he's really building a team. Steady improvement year on year and has got a talented bunch for this level who are obviously pretty exciting to watch and it's coming together for you guys.

17 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

What a night that was though. Best game I've been to. Not only beating a Premier team but on their own patch, classic roller coaster of a game with absolute screamers going in all over the place, but then the best penalty shoot out I've seen as well. I think I probably aged 5 years that night.

Anyone remember the fat Aberdeen fan who was having a bit of a meltdown in the stand beside us, started getting absolute pelters then lost it so badly, he had to get chucked out by the police.

It was probably better for him tbh.

I remember the fat Aberdeen fan getting booted out but unless It happened twice it was the cup game the season before.

The reason I remember is I went to both previous cup game defeats and decided to give this one a miss (assuming we'd get pumped again) and we only went and beat them. Feckin ragin so I was. :lol:

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tbh I noticed that the last time we played, there was a moment in the 1st half when Linn flew down the far side wing and I had to check twice that it was actually him, I've never seen him move that fast and he was nearly 10 years younger when he played for us, so fair do's to him if he's getting himself sorted out fitness wise, I'll bet he's wishing he had that attitude when he was younger and his career might have gone a bit differently, he might have gone on to be more than just a lower league superstar!!!

Still not as good as Wilkie in his pomp though!!!;)

Also just to add, we've only really seen Linn as a dangerous player against us in the last couple of seasons and that is only because Gary Naysmith left us, I think part of GN's pre match ritual against Arbroath was left boot on first, then right boot, check he had his lucky jockstrap on and then insert Bobby Linn into his back pocket, Bobby never got a sniff against us when Gary was playing apart from the occasional go at a free kick!!!
Different story now fair enough!!!