The East Fife Thread

A close game but you can’t beat a late winner.The strength from the bench is making a big difference.Agree Dunsmore can feel hard done by but Dowds created the winning goal.Like most fans I’ve been critical of Darren Young but he has us now looking like a team.Today was important to build on previous good results.

A close game but you can’t beat a late winner.The strength from the bench is making a big difference.Agree Dunsmore can feel hard done by but Dowds created the winning goal.Like most fans I’ve been critical of Darren Young but he has us now looking like a team.Today was important to build on previous good results.

Wasn't thinking about Dowds coming off, but Kane could have went off with Watson going to CH and Dunsmore to RB, Kane came off 5 minutes later anyway and looked like he was struggling for most of the 2nd half!!!

Argument for Currie starting from next week or do folk think he's better coming on and running with the ball at a tired and battered defense, like he has done for the last couple of weeks???

Two weeks on the trot Darren’s substitutions have helped us finish the job and win the game!!
Nice to see how quiet this thread is when we are winning! Haha.
The title challenge seems to have started!

As much as I can’t disagree with you, I simple don’t rate DY if we go out and get someone who know how to manage with this team then we have a good chance this year.

Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
Time flies by when you're the driver of a train,
steaming out of Methil with a cargo.........

Under bridges, over bridges, to our destination.
Careful with that ....... Eugene, it causes condensation!

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah!

Ah the old Bayview songs!

Well done the Fife although one tiny little point, can we not have to come from behind in games. Can we please have a game where we are coasting with a 2 or 3 goal lead but then that is not East Fife is it.
Best team won today.

We did when we beat Montrose... people moaned about the second half remember...

Another solid home result, overall good performance, great weekend. Things seem to be clicking into place for us just now, hopefully we can get a good run going into new year.

Of the game, i don’t know why but I expected more from airdrie. Preseason they seemed to have made some astute signings, and I felt for sure they would be easily top 4 and give us a very difficult game. But the team I saw yesterday was off the pace, maybe just an poor week for them. 

Edited by FullTimePint

I expected more from Airdrie too tbh, their supporters certainly seemed confident pre season, new dawn and aw this pish but they were poor! Maybe a bad day at the office or we just made them look bad, time will tell. Great to see the lads gain confidence, esp digging in deep and keeping the heads up after Airdrie scored and I was delighted with 3 points yday. Long may it continue! [emoji108]

Time for this weeks episode of "If My Auntie Had Bawz..."!!!

If in next weeks fixtures Airdrie and Dumbarton can take points of each other and if Forfar can take something out of their Angus Derby with Brechin and of course if we can beat Stranraer (no easy feat), we could actually be third next week!!!

Fucking hell, wasn't saying that a fortnight ago!!!

11 hours ago, east fife for life said:

I expected more from Airdrie too tbh, their supporters certainly seemed confident pre season, new dawn and aw this pish but they were poor! Maybe a bad day at the office or we just made them look bad, time will tell. Great to see the lads gain confidence, esp digging in deep and keeping the heads up after Airdrie scored and I was delighted with 3 points yday. Long may it continue! emoji108.png

Airdrie, as a club, have had an incredible year.   We have got rid of a toxic situation with the old owners who were bad news (see Colin McGowan).

We have a thriving new board, investment in players, commercial vibrancy, only thing thats gone wrong is they showed loyalty to a shit manager who helped out during a tricky spell in the takeover.   Unfortunately he is an incompetent egomaniac but situation will likely be dealt with soon.   Was it a bad thing the new owners gave him too much rope?   Maybe, but its only a temporary situation.

Great to see us moving up the league at long last. Fingers crossed it continues, not been able to catch a game for over a month, how was we looking at corners these days???

Man on the post at corners now, back to basics but it's worked, if Arbroath's first came from a corner (honestly can't remember) then that was the last one!!!

In fact maybe it's our collective fear of corners that caused Brett's brainfart on Saturday where in his desperation to prevent one he gifted the opposition an open goal!!!

On 16/09/2018 at 00:36, smuggfifer said:

Time flies by when you're the driver of a train,
steaming out of Methil with a cargo.........

Under bridges, over bridges, to our destination.
Careful with that ....... Eugene, it causes condensation!

Nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah!

Ah the old Bayview songs!

one of the best away songs we have, half man half biscuit all around hopefully Methil chunkington keeps kicking well i mean choo-ing :whistle