The East Fife Thread

On 8/30/2018 at 23:05, YoungersPaleAle said:

Looks to me as if the fans that go onto forums to continually have a go and discredit players, managers, directors etc, etc, etc must start to get a life.

Sorry, but in these days of "a handful of people talking between themselves on forums, hinking they are talking fur every other fitba fan", are so boring.

Certain element of irony in that post but then you've already proved you're not the brightest of people.

Are you sure you're not on the wee board and this is an alias designed to have a go at those that dare criticise  the running of the club and more importantly the incompetence of the manager?Thought as much.

Your name certainly gives away your age group. You can call me Sherlock. 

Over to you.

Edited by Stevo Fife
Won the lottery

Amazing what happens when we play with two up top !!!!
And amazing what happens when we stop. Montrose should have , and we could not complain if they had, taken at least a point from this. I personally feel we played better last week and came out 3-0 down.
Our defending at times was farcical, bordering on criminal, and the clown in charge is watching it unfold before our eyes. 4-5-1 with this team does not work Darren.
I so wanted this to be turning point in our season , where we could kick on from a great win. That second half performance has taken the shine of the win for me.
I wouldn't be too chirpy yet folks.

Promoted Montrose or not. We’ve been desprate for a win but with FIVE games into the new season we’ve done it hopefully next week isn’t back to our pattern of last season.

We didn’t conced from corner today, didn’t give away a penalty which is encouraging to note. Long looked solid all game stopping shots left, right and centre and even Davidson scored his first east fife goal in the black and gold all postives to take from the game today and hopefully we’ve turned the corner because now the bottom of the table looks interesting if we do intend to kick on from here and up the table.

Promoted Montrose or not. We’ve been desprate for a win but with FIVE games into the new season we’ve done it hopefully next week isn’t back to our pattern of last season.
We didn’t conced from corner today, didn’t give away a penalty which is encouraging to note. Long looked solid all game stopping shots left, right and centre and even Davidson scored his first east fife goal in the black and gold all postives to take from the game today and hopefully we’ve turned the corner because now the bottom of the table looks interesting if we do intend to kick on from here and up the table.
If we try anything similar to second half yesterday, Partick could run up a cricket score

So East Fife win and your still not happy because if they played like that against a better team in a totally different game they might lose? 
Football fandom at its best right here
Sorry, but I honestly felt we played better against Arbroath and came out with nothing. We had the game won yesterday and tried our best to throw it away, That's my honest view of the second half. I have defended DY all through August, and did feel there is something there in this team, but to change the whole formation and organisation of the team yesterday, to defend a lead was criminal. We have proven time and again that we can't do it. At least he was honest enough to admit that we "rode our luck" . Master of the understatement.

So East Fife win and your still not happy because if they played like that against a better team in a totally different game they might lose? 
Football fandom at its best right here
And , we all watched this happening last season. A scraped win one week followed by a few reality checks the next 2 or 3 weeks. You just know what's coming in the next 2 games.

If we beat Airdrie in two weeks, we could go 4th...

Yup, if the six teams above us lose we're a shoe-in!!!
Just got to make sure Stranraer and Stennie both beat each other in their match!!![emoji6]

14 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Yup, if the six teams above us lose we're a shoe-in!!!
Just got to make sure Stranraer and Stennie both beat each other in their match!!!emoji6.png

Arbroath 1-0 Forfar

Brechin 0-3 Raith Rovers

Dumbarton 0-0 Montrose

East fife 2-0 Airdrie

Stranraer 0-0 Stenhousemuir

....it could happen...

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Looking forward to coming through and anything could happen as long as we don't score first and then collapse to a 1-6 defeat. Be interesting to see how the players who swapped clubs will perform or be treated.  I think we are a much better side than the one that played so poorly against East Fife in all those games last season but time will tell. Will hum along with the Tornados as usual ( Did buy it in the 60s as a single!)

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I'm not actually being serious.

Airdrie should be a much tougher proposition than they were last season.

It's all in the fun of "what if" that I also indulge in at various points-I remember using it last season to hope we avoided relegation. Hope it is at the other end this season. 

Arbroath 1-0 Forfar
Brechin 0-3 Raith Rovers
Dumbarton 0-0 Montrose
East fife 2-0 Airdrie
Stranraer 0-0 Stenhousemuir
....it could happen...

Not doing much this Sunday Gordo???
Far too much time on your hands!!![emoji23]
But encouraging all the same!!!

At last.... finishing a game with the points we deserve! All defensive players and Brett were solid throughout and they helped each other whenever one of the few mistakes were made. Fantastic two goals, great strike for the first and brave commitment from Court (who i feel has came on to a great game since Cowden) for the second.

Was frustrating to see the shape of the team change in the second half as the one up top was then left with a thankless task- however the team showed an amazing desire to keep the clean sheet. Can see what the victory meant to the players by watching their reaction at the full time whistle!

Shame the league fixtures now have to take a break however hoping the momentum carries on after the Thistle game.

11 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

the table is looking very tight indeed so anything could happen i guess but if it does it would be so much better than our current position of doom of glum recently on this forum.

any chance of a wee sneeky signing on the free, Julen? wheres he now another centre back option would add competion to Dunlop and Watson? or i noticed Alex harris has left falkirk recently, player is on the fall of grace in terms of his carrer since his days with Dundee/Hibs but would be useful wide midfield to add to the squad perhaps? if hes not yet found another club since i saw his release.