The East Fife Thread

23 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Here ya go. Results from the beginning of the year.

Grim reading.

Stats.JPG

That is truly grim guys!!  ...and we're complaining about Smith, self included, glad we did not take Young!!

Paul Hartley is looking for a job, mind!!

Must win game on Sat! Majority of supporters are getting sick fed up of this pish! Terrible record for DY but if the board don't have the cash to get rid or improve squad then I guess we're heading back to league 2. Arbroath game was never a 3.0 game in my eyes but it's the same mistakes time and time again and I'm afraid management have to take responsibility for that! Frustrating time for EF supporters

15 hours ago, Wee Sandy said:

Paul Hartley is looking for a job, mind!!

So will Jim Duffy both are Ex championship managers of 2018 era, both poses experience in managing at full time level.

Edited by Cambuslang Fifer

3 hours ago, BetFred said:

Peter Houston, John Hughes can be added to the list too

Hughes!!!   Would not wish that guy on any club.

Good luck if you DID take him, he's clearly looking for work, but man.....John Hughes :wacko:

Just noticed that the crowd v Arbroath was 639 of which 213 were supporters of Arbroath.

How on earth can  a club continue to operate at this level,  with a home crowd of 425?

Looks to me as if the BOD MUST start engaging with/ appeal to the 30,000 plus population of this area.

Sorry, but the days of "they ken where we are" are long gone.

Over to the Board.

1 hour ago, sammytroot said:

Just noticed that the crowd v Arbroath was 639 of which 213 were supporters of Arbroath.

How on earth can  a club continue to operate at this level,  with a home crowd of 425?

Looks to me as if the BOD MUST start engaging with/ appeal to the 30,000 plus population of this area.

Over to the Board.

Just look at the sequence of results that have been posted on these pages. Even the most die hard of fan would be hard pressed to part with £15 pound to watch the same mistakes being made every week. It is so frustrating and the only shock to me is there is still 425 of us still willing to part with cash when you know all the opposition have to do is get  a couple of corners and we are beat. Fans are influenced with results and performances.We have scored 2 goals in 4 league games one of them a penalty not exactly top entertainment. If the board continue to allow Young much more time to turn this horrendous run of results around , I fear even the most ardent fan will find something better to do on a Saturday. You could ask the question can the board afford not to act as people are obviously showing what they think  Of the product being served up in the name of professional football.

An unlikely win at Montrose on Saturday will just paper over the cracks.  

Darren Young has been a horrific appointment and his record so far confirms that.  Yes, he should have been given time given the circumstances when he took over but he now has his own team and it`s still just like a mirror image of what we have seen before. I have no doubt that any other club would have fired him by now.  He was given a 2 year contract based on what??   Ask any Albion Rovers fan what they think of him and I`m sure the majority don`t rate him.  

It`s the same old tired excuses from him all the time. EFTV should save themselves the bother of interviewing him and just pick an interview from a previous game. 

The club are haemorrhaging fans by the week as people are not prepared to spend hard earned cash watching garbage.  1/3 of the fans present at the game were following Arbroath. Yes, Arbroath!! 

The Board surely have to look at this absolute mess, admit they made a huge mistake and make a decision ASAP!!

But again can we actually afford to get rid of him? It's not as easy as saying "Thanks but no thanks Darren" he's on a 2 year contract that's got months to run and I'd imagine we would have to pay him off, money we don't have I wouldn't have thought and the pish crowds won't be helping! Who can we afford to take the job and who would want it? I'm not defending him in the slightest, his record would suggest he should have been punted by now. As I've said before, worrying times for us EF fans

23 hours ago, sammytroot said:

Over to the Board.

There was 371 at our match v Brechin @ the Glebe last Sat.

We had 670 at home v Arbroath the other week, we were selling 400-500 season tickets in The Championship, this season we're around 300 odd.

It's a League-wide problem.

The fitba on show is shite tbh & I pick and choose my games now, as spending £30-£50 on a day out at the football is very hard to justify.

1 hour ago, Silverton End said:

We had 670 at home v Arbroath the other week, we were selling 400-500 season tickets in The Championship, this season we're around 300 odd.

The fitba on show is shite tbh & I pick and choose my games now, as spending £30-£50 on a day out at the football is very hard to justify.

Over to you Sammy, think of something else to stir it up.  Your latest go has just been blown out of the water.

Your statement - "How on earth can  a club continue to operate at this level,  with a home crowd of 425?" should be replaced by -

"How on earth can a club continue to operate at this level, with fans like me (Sammytroot) looking for any way they can to slag off the club and make me (the know-all Sammytroot) look as if I know everything about running a football club?"

Looks to me as if the fans that go onto forums to continually have a go and discredit players, managers, directors etc, etc, etc must start to get a life.

Sorry, but in these days of "a handful of people talking between themselves on forums, hinking they are talking fur every other fitba fan", are so boring.

13 hours ago, Silverton End said:

We've not even hit 300 season tickets this year. Piss poor.