The East Fife Thread

Your obviously not at the games with your comments like that...

We should have had the game buried today...

Still not sure why the goal was offside and why it took so long to decide that.

If we had our shooting boots on then we would have had 4/5/6 others?

Arbroath are my favourites to win the league. However their cutting edge was all that put us to bed when we should have been in with a shout.

I think everyone left today thinking how on earth did we not get anything from that. Bit like last week where we left thinking how was that just a point...

The ref and his linos made a lot of very inept decisions in the game adding to that. Overall the team played well and was good football.

Ps the “corner” we conceded... the goal scorer was climbing all over our cbs so when the refs usually give that and they didn’t in this case I think it’s hard to criticise them for conceding from a corner when there was a blatant foul...

The old we played well but got hammered [emoji23] absolute nonsense. You’ve been banging that drum for about 18 months now. You think I’ve made that judgement over one game ? How long are you actually gonna give this guy ? A decade ?

2 wins in about 3 years [emoji23]even Montrose look better than us. You think any other team would have entertained that nonsense. ?

Failure to take action now will result in us being 9 points adrift by Christmas and some nobody will come in and try and ‘save our season’ and fail brutally.

He should’ve been moved on after the league cup group, and that would’ve allowed someone to come in while still being able to do a bit surgery to the squad.

His failure to sign/attract a striker is embarrassing and perhaps says a lot about his standing in the football community.

But some absolute roaster handed him a 2 year deal.

What about all the other corners we’ve lost and were only 10 games in to the season ? They all fouls too ?

The ref to blame for the past 35 games aswell ?

That’s four games in and we have took one point in kirkcaldy and no wins!! i think its all desprate stuff now and people will mention the full time to part time case and their league position. DY was given a two years contract fair enough but at the end of the day footballs are all about  result business and if you cant keep enough clean sheets aswell as get wins as we aint doing it’ll be difficult to stay in this league as its appearing to some and they do have their case as the league table wont lie to some surely if this carries on the bod will have one mind unless they are accepting these results due to how we are playing but not winning many games which i dont think they will, Its a case DY tried his best and times is nearing the end i guess but lets see what next week in store for us eh? faith is there? but we need wins when bottom!!

Well friday’s is when the transfer window closes and i think one or two loan players in would help this squad certainly a tall CH and a midfielder/winger type hopefully we aint finished in terms of squad completion, fingers cross.

We are on a shocking run and we need to get out of this rot and fast. 1 win all season in a diddy cup vs Cowdenbeath isn’t good enough. I know it’s only 4 games in but we are getting left behind and the buck surely stops with Young. Montrose away is now a must win in my eyes.

The old we played well but got hammered [emoji23] absolute nonsense. You’ve been banging that drum for about 18 months now. You think I’ve made that judgement over one game ? How long are you actually gonna give this guy ? A decade ?

2 wins in about 3 years [emoji23]even Montrose look better than us. You think any other team would have entertained that nonsense. ?

Failure to take action now will result in us being 9 points adrift by Christmas and some nobody will come in and try and ‘save our season’ and fail brutally.

He should’ve been moved on after the league cup group, and that would’ve allowed someone to come in while still being able to do a bit surgery to the squad.

His failure to sign/attract a striker is embarrassing and perhaps says a lot about his standing in the football community.

What about all the other corners we’ve lost and were only 10 games in to the season ? They all fouls too ?

I bet you relish defeats for the “I told you so” it’s so obvious the board aren’t going to get rid of him just now so why not even attempt to try and back the team instead of being so negative all the time.

Of the last 3 games we beat Cowdenbeath, drew with raith, and as Arbroath fans have said the score line flattered them yesterday...

Yet you and some others have absolute headless [emoji23]

Also did we get relegated last season?? Nah we stayed in the league fairly comfortably. We will be absolutely fine again this season.

The manager only has himself to blame! Losing Smith a real blow for any side at this level though . Yet another long struggle of a season. Thought it was a decent game and 3.0 didn't reflect the game at all but credit to Arbroath, i hope they win the league. Same shit different year for us! Predictable. f**k knows when I'll be back but no major rush, better things to do with my Sat afternoons than watch that pish. How many league games have we won in the last 30?

Even after todays result, I still think we have a decent squad , and try and play the right type of football. Inexperience in the key area is costing us badly just now. Need Kevin Smith back. You can see there is something there when Courts the Dowds are beside each other, but this is where we need an experienced head to guide them. Young Thomson has a touch of Sterling, ghosts I to the box with ease, then it comes to nothing. Confidence boost required from somewhere before it's too late. I would hold of the lynch mob for a couple of games yet. There is something there, we just need to prize it out.

Spoke to Kevin Smith as he was leaving bayview after yesterdays game, he has had a calf problem but hopes to be fit for next weeks game at Montrose

I was more exciting about getting to the bookies to slap Arbroath -1 more than anything else. I said to myself Wallace will score as usual and we will concede from a corner as usual and what happened? Its getting very predictable now and they are still people defending this manager? He has failed to recruit a decent squad and fair enough hes trying to play the football but we have not got the players to do so. Montrose will win next week and no doubt we will dominate the game and they will win the game with a set piece. Dowds was signed as an amateur aswell as Kyle bell so that to me says the board are not backing this manager either because we arent paying any decent players decent wages? The club is going backwards now and i completely agree DY should have been sacked after the Brora game. It doesnt matter what we do now were floating on a paddle down shit creek.

Our record in the last 18 competitive games is won 2, drawn 3 and lost 13 ! Those saying we’ve been unlucky with decisions going against us are kidding themselves. I reckon we have to take at least 4 points from our next two league games or we will be cut adrift at the bottom, low on confidence and struggling to get up the league. Every week we are hearing the same excuses, we are creating chances and not taking them. 4 League games played, 2 goals scored. Anyone thought of bringing in a striker coach to work on finishing ?
As for corners against us it is now becoming fairly embarrassing the number of goals we are losing. Watching Arbroath yesterday, they left a man spare on their own goal line and his job at corners was to go and attack the ball, not to mark anyone (think it was O’Brien). He basically went and won the ball. Something we could try ? Need someone willing to show the aggression and desire to go and win it (Craig Watson ?)
Anything less than 4 points from the next two games and I think the Board would be left with no option. The Club can’t afford to be relegated as crowds would plummet further. Dick Campbell has been keen to come to Bayview in the past but our loss is Arbroath gain. Knows the League well, gets the best out of his players and has his team playing to their strengths. It’ll take more than a couple of results for DY to win over the fans but his time is quickly running out !

3 hours ago, Bayviewboy said:

Our record in the last 18 competitive games is won 2, drawn 3 and lost 13 ! Those saying we’ve been unlucky with decisions going against us are kidding themselves. I reckon we have to take at least 4 points from our next two league games or we will be cut adrift at the bottom, low on confidence and struggling to get up the league. Every week we are hearing the same excuses, we are creating chances and not taking them. 4 League games played, 2 goals scored. Anyone thought of bringing in a striker coach to work on finishing ?
As for corners against us it is now becoming fairly embarrassing the number of goals we are losing. Watching Arbroath yesterday, they left a man spare on their own goal line and his job at corners was to go and attack the ball, not to mark anyone (think it was O’Brien). He basically went and won the ball. Something we could try ? Need someone willing to show the aggression and desire to go and win it (Craig Watson ?)
Anything less than 4 points from the next two games and I think the Board would be left with no option. The Club can’t afford to be relegated as crowds would plummet further. Dick Campbell has been keen to come to Bayview in the past but our loss is Arbroath gain. Knows the League well, gets the best out of his players and has his team playing to their strengths. It’ll take more than a couple of results for DY to win over the fans but his time is quickly running out !

It ran out months ago.  Don't buy this "but we played well and had all the possession" bull. You can have all the possession in the world but if you cant do anything with it, it means nothing.

Young's record at East Fife speaks for itself. Up there with the very worst of them and why he still has a job is anyone's guess but if its for financial reasons then the board seriously need to take a good look at attendance figures since he came in. I said 8 months back this guy would take us down to the depths of Scottish football and I stand by that now. He's a godawful manager.

He's built his own team and clearly still showing the same frailties as last season.

Results and form speak for themselves.

IMG_2888.thumb.jpg.38f4e6752fb02b1ec35ac0d2d368e968.jpg.9b647f0c83d0389a918f72045007b246.jpg

Not defending the management in any way with this post, but we all know why we don't have the class of players that the likes of Arbroath are attracting. It's finance that is killing us just now. We do have a board with a big money pot that some clubs in this league seem to have. How many times have we seen in the past few seasons, players willing to come ,but the offer from another club was better Ryan Wallace, prime example. Untill we find a way to improve the budget, afraid there is not much can be done. Sacking a manger only dips into the budget as money spent with no gain whatsoever. Hard one to call, and there's no easy answer unless 7 balls come out on Friday night!

Also did we get relegated last season?? Nah we stayed in the league fairly comfortably. We will be absolutely fine again this season.

Please mate the more you rattle on the more pathetic you look. You’ve made it clear in the past your a club man, and they can do no wrong on your eyes. A don’t have a problem with that, what I do have a problem with is the way you think that me and nearly every other paying ef fan on here is wrong. Fair enough your opinion differs, but the shite your writing is becoming repetitive and boring. The fact you’ve felt the need to call yourself ‘sir’ says a lot about you and where your head is located.

There has to be something wrong with the coaching I can’t believe that any so called professional football team can keep losing goals from set pieces. Any coach worth talking about would have found a solution to this . When Arbroath scored their first goal on Saturday all the players looked at each other in disbelief as if to say not again surely. It must absolutely knock the stuffing out of the team never mind the fans. Why does he not get in a a defender who has played at a top level to coach how to defend a cross ball bette4 spending money on this then another loan player. As has been said a carbon copy of Falkirk and Cowden goals weak challenges and attacker wanting it more. Dumbartons only win has come from 2 gifted cross balls into the box at Bayview. Different defenders from last season same mistakes only thing in common is same coach think there could be a pattern emerging.