The East Fife Thread

5 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Wow :lol:

After one competitive game :lol:

Didn't see anything in yesterday's performance to change my mind. Looks a bit overweight, he's slow and his shooting seems to be powderpuff.

Not a great start from him.

I travelled through to take in your Betfred cup tie with Forfar on Sunday.   As a neutral I have to say I was impressed by East Fife, who looked much the better of the two teams!

The big guys up front Smith and McBride were impressive, as was Agnew who was unlucky not to score with the free kick.

I thought your manager made the wrong substitutions in the second half by taking off (for me)  two of your best players and that maybe cost you the win in the end.

I started the game as a neutral, but by the time the penalties arrived I definately was hoping justice would be done and East Fife would win!

Anyway, positive signs for you, I'd say you should have a good season.  Best of luck guys!

Here’s the red card from yesterday  

What a fucking bawbag Easton is, it was a reckless challenge and maybe warranted a booking but the footage shows that he cleanly won the ball and never even touched the guy!!!

If we're not appealing over the red card can we not apply for retroactive sanctions being taken against Easton, if that was the World Cup he'd have been booked or sent off himself after VAR???

It's just a pity the footage doesn't show him rolling around holding his face as he did!!!

Looked like his studs hit his knee to be fair.

Debatable, but it would have helped if he had rolled about holding his knee and had received treatment to that area instead of holding his head as if he had been shot in it JFK style and then ONLY receiving treatment to his face!!!

Yeah he’s a w**k like. Wouldn’t mind him in the Arbroath squad though.

Have you not got enough fucking players yet???[emoji1]

Not sure why Kane had any need to make a challenge like that, particularly in that area of the pitch. 

However, a yellow card was all it merited. I can see why it might have looked worse in real time, but it'll be interesting to see / hear whether the referee gave himself time to clear his head and think about what really happened, or whether it was one of these situations where the red card was out his pocket before the Forfar player hit the deck. 

20 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Not sure why Kane had any need to make a challenge like that, particularly in that area of the pitch. 

However, a yellow card was all it merited. I can see why it might have looked worse in real time, but it'll be interesting to see / hear whether the referee gave himself time to clear his head and think about what really happened, or whether it was one of these situations where the red card was out his pocket before the Forfar player hit the deck. 

The card was out his pocket right away.  

I thought it was probably a merited red at the time, but was sat at the other end of the ground.  Replay looks like Kane's been unlucky, though going in like that you give a player like Easton the chance to roll around holding the face.

Thought we did really well when down to 10 though.  Keeper made an excellent save from McBride's header and Agnew hits the post.  Felt 1-1 flattered Forfar hugely at HT.

Second half we faded a little but it's to be expected I guess.

See that cheating shitehawk Easton still rubbing his face when he comes back on, aaarrgghhh, that really fucking still annoys me!!![emoji35]

It's interesting to get that view from the other side of the pitch, probably as its so different from what we are used to, how long are the gantries going to be up for???
And can you get a wee friend for Stephen as he sounds very lonely over there, you can hear it in his voice!!!