The East Fife Thread

They did want to keep him. It’s not clever or a con it’s the rules and it’s been that way for ages. When we lost Colin Hamilton to Brechin a few years back they had to do the same.

No they didn't and it's a clever use of the rules, I'm actually praising them for it!!!

Anyway I'm not losing sleep over it, it just seems a bit convenient that Brechin have managed to do enough just to coin a little bit in for a player they had no intentions of keeping, probably a bit if good bookkeeping tbh!!!

East Fife would’ve got a fee for Ross Brown

Have to say, that's the first time ive seen the team the season, and was really impressed with what I saw. Finally, we can concede a set piece and not have your phone notification go ping within a minute to indicate East Fife have just lost a goal.
Defense looked solid, and a confident keeper behind them made all the difference. Some good performances in the middle of the park, and some good football played. Scott McBride played well, and hopefully dispelled some of the negative feelings among the support. Kev Smith looked more like his old self, and Craig Thomson had flashes of what he can do. Still think we can do with an experienced striker, but maybe that's a luxury beyond reach at this point. Team applauded and the East Fife chant rang through the stadium as the final penalty was saved . Promising start, let's hope we can continue into the next game. monthefife

Quite enjoyed that today and a far better performance than I've seen in any of our friendlies leading up to this game, we looked composed and collected at the back, letting St. Johnstone have as much possession as they wanted and growing visibly in confidence as the game went on and as they saw that the Saints weren't doing anything with this possession!!!
Yes our keeper looked the busier of the two what with all his catching and punching out of corners and crosses but I can't remember him having to make a real save, the only real chance of the game was ours, when McBride bulleted a header too close to the keeper in stead of all of the rest of the net that he had to aim for!!!
I think our lack of options up front was pretty clear to see, but we still did well and got around the Saints defence on a good few occasions, especially down our left side. A few more composed passes or crosses may have resulted in a few more chances being created!!!
All in all, very happy with the draw and that's what it was and what the records show, the penalties are just a "Brucey Bonus Point" and a bit of a lottery and typical that it was ex-Saintee Craig Thomson who missed ours, which is a bit of a shame as I thought that he had a very good game!!!
I'm a lot more confident going into the Season after watching that but we still need to find a Centre Forward worthy of the name, if we had one we probably would have won today, maybe we're waiting on the Rent Money from the Rovers for the use of the Nue Bayview today for a very busy Fife Derby and their Sell-Out game next week v Hearts before splashing out on a 30 goals a season hitman!!!

Have to say, that's the first time ive seen the team the season, and was really impressed with what I saw. Finally, we can concede a set piece and not have your phone notification go ping within a minute to indicate East Fife have just lost a goal.
Defense looked solid, and a confident keeper behind them made all the difference. Some good performances in the middle of the park, and some good football played. Scott McBride played well, and hopefully dispelled some of the negative feelings among the support. Kev Smith looked more like his old self, and Craig Thomson had flashes of what he can do. Still think we can do with an experienced striker, but maybe that's a luxury beyond reach at this point. Team applauded and the East Fife chant rang through the stadium as the final penalty was saved . Promising start, let's hope we can continue into the next game. monthefife

Can the Choo-Choo come out yet, or is it too soon???

4 minutes ago, smuggfifer said:

Too soon to come out , but I'd get the emoji91.png man down to the shed and kindle the fire, top up the water and grease the nipples!

Is that not just an ordinary Saturday night for you???;)

No they didn't and it's a clever use of the rules, I'm actually praising them for it!!!

Yes they did. If they didn’t want him, and he accepted it, where would that leave them? He left to try and get a better deal at another club.

Good performance from your boys today, defended well and looked confident in possession on several occasions. I was a fan of Craig Thomson when he was at Perth so gutted for him to miss the only pen.

Good luck for the season ahead.

The Squad Numbers have now been assigned/claimed!!!
Squad - Season 2018-19

01 - Brett Long
02 - Aaron Dunsmore
03 - Mark Docherty
04 - Christopher Kane
05 - Ross Dunlop
06 - Craig Watson
07 - Craig Thomson
08 - Patrick Slattery
09 - Jonathan Court
10 - Kevin Smith
11 - Scott Agnew
12 - Scott McBride
14 - Liam Watt
15 - Anton Dowds
16 - Daryl Meggatt
17 - Ross Davidson
18 - Scott Linton
19 - Darren Young
20 - Kyle Bell
21 - Craig McDowall

You've got to say considering there is no loanee's in that lot and I am assuming that there will one or two of them to add once the Cup is out the way, that this is the biggest squad we've had in many a year and according to Darren in his interviews he's still hopeful in looking to add to it!!!