The East Fife Thread

With the exception of Agnew & Meggatt this squad of players have been assembled on the cheap.
If you’d told any Fife fan 2 months ago that we’d be signing players from a relegated Albion Rovers, a player from an EoS team, a player who couldn’t get a game for a struggling Forfar team, a keeper who was unimpressive with Elgin, a distanced 3rd place League 2 Stenhousmuir Player & an untested raw reserve Raith player as 1st choice striker the Fife fans should’ve been furious but we’ve had comments of ‘excellent signings’ & ‘really happy with our transfer dealings’.
This squad may well gel & work great as a unit but the majority of signings finished below us in the League.
The players we retained I’d say Dunsmore Docherty & Linton are good enough, Watson & Kane are woeful with the ball at feet & are at best bench warmers.
Young’s tactics, formations & ability to eradicate errors will be well scrutinised this season.
Hopefully I’m wrong but I see a relegation assembled team here.

So the signing policy you’re suggesting is only allowed to sign players who have finished above east fife in the league? I’m sure most lower league teams take chances on junior players so can’t see what the problem with signing one is we’ve had a few good ones in the past.

Please tell us what you would do differently?
where are you pulling the money from for these better players? 
You can make a player sound as good or bad as you want them to.
Telling me your not happy Thomson, Watt etc.
Come on pal really...
Striker wise we lost out to Alloa on soence and trouten. 
Cant aim much higher for part time strikers than them... both obviously had their heads turned by the championship. I don’t blame them!
Trouten signed for Alloa before they were promoted.

Just seen who we’ve signed there, these three I reckon will be a “Chris Kane” type squad players at best but I hear Agnew is a type that isn’t a wide player so having McBride is worth a option. McDowall will be challenging Long likewise he was doing the same at recreation park few seasons back and Dowds is almost like a like replaced Mutch of last seasons squad.

I feel we do need attacking midfield type player alomost a Robinson type, Ross brown would be useful in different positions and a experience striker with one or two loanees used would do that squad for me. Even Linton can play CB as Meggart feels LB his so the squad is there....hopefully another forward comes in that’s being around.

** Well that leaves us with many tactics KK tactics will be used in so many ways right now to get the winning formula going....

Long

Dunsmore Dunlop Watson/Linton Meggart

thomson Davidson Slattery Watt

Court Agnew

13 minutes ago, colin H said:

Scott Mcbride that’s awful Finn graham would have been better definitely going to struggle this season sadly

Hopefully he doesn’t choose a ridiculous squad number hopefully Julen’s number 22 is back time the loanee’s are added to the squad. Bridey can play whereas Willis was missing on numerous games like the last spell and when you need players at our level there’s nobody.

Just seen who we’ve signed there, these three I reckon will be a “Chris Kane” type squad players at best but I hear Agnew is a type that isn’t a wide player so having McBride is worth a option. McDowall will be challenging Long likewise he was doing the same at recreation park few seasons back and Dowds is almost like a like replaced Mutch of last seasons squad.
I feel we do need attacking midfield type player alomost a Robinson type, Ross brown would be useful in different positions and a experience striker with one or two loanees used would do that squad for me. Even Linton can play CB as Meggart feels LB his so the squad is there....hopefully another forward comes in that’s being around.

** Well that leaves us with many tactics KK tactics will be used in so many ways right now to get the winning formula going....
Long
Dunsmore Dunlop Watson/Linton Meggart
thomson Davidson Slattery Watt
Court Agnew

I think Agnew will be the Scott Robinson type and Meggat wants to play at centre back

maybe that type we lack to last season campaign but most of the squad can play in various positions you have Watson, Kane, Linton (Still to see play CB like at Cowdenbeath/I’m sure Clyde), Meggart, Watt and Slattery/Sparky so yeah makes good when the injuries kick in to have many signed up but we need to see it could all come down to quality within the squad or we may well gel and get to the team that was challenging 5th and 4th place in this league but all earlier days this pre season stuff.

Please tell us what you would do differently?
where are you pulling the money from for these better players? 
You can make a player sound as good or bad as you want them to.
Telling me your not happy Thomson, Watt etc.
Come on pal really...
Striker wise we lost out to Alloa on soence and trouten. 
Cant aim much higher for part time strikers than them... both obviously had their heads turned by the championship. I don’t blame them!

9 teams were after Spence. Not sure why you think it was a shoot out between yourselves and Alloa. I know a good few clubs were after Trouten too and if he hadn’t went to Alloa he would’ve been at Airdrie.

11 minutes ago, Cambuslang Fifer said:

maybe that type we lack to last season campaign but most of the squad can play in various positions you have Watson, Kane, Linton (Still to see play CB like at Cowdenbeath/I’m sure Clyde), Meggart, Watt and Slattery/Sparky so yeah makes good when the injuries kick in to have many signed up but we need to see it could all come down to quality within the squad or we may well gel and get to the team that was challenging 5th and 4th place in this league but all earlier days this pre season stuff.

Linton didn't play centre half at all at Clyde. Started at LWB, played at LB as he had historically, but as a good technical player in a rubbish division mostly played on the left/right of midfield in first season, before moving into the middle of midfield for a fair proportion of his second. Class everywhere for us.

9 teams were after Spence. Not sure why you think it was a shoot out between yourselves and Alloa. I know a good few clubs were after Trouten too and if he hadn’t went to Alloa he would’ve been at Airdrie.

Probably because the manger said they thought they had spence signed until Alloa came calling.

7 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Maybe that’s down to knowing and speaking to Spence... you also have what the manager said that it was between us and them.

Maybe that’s down to knowing and speaking to Spence... you also have what the manager said that it was between us and them.

A lot of people will know and speak to Spence. That’s how I had been told about the interest from all they clubs.

Maybe, just maybe, he was keeping his options open to everyone and keeping everyone on board from all the teams that were interested in him so he has options in the future?

But maybe that’s just a wild suggestion.. [emoji51]

A think it boils down to the fact we’re probs one of the most unattractive clubs in the division, Darren young adds to that he couldn’t inspire a 5 year old, i can imagine him trying to persuade a player to sign. And a think the fact the club has no direction or ambition/plan will hardly inspire any players, seems to me like we’re the half way shop for players that are on there way out of the game at this level, and players that can’t get a club

8 minutes ago, Yur maw punts cooncil said:

A think it boils down to the fact we’re probs one of the most unattractive clubs in the division, Darren young adds to that he couldn’t inspire a 5 year old, i can imagine him trying to persuade a player to sign. And a think the fact the club has no direction or ambition/plan will hardly inspire any players, seems to me like we’re the half way shop for players that are on there way out of the game at this level, and players that can’t get a club

You seem to have an insight of the club plans and ambition  we are lucky at East Fife to have someone with so much knowledge 

14 minutes ago, flyfifer48 said:

You seem to have an insight of the club plans and ambition  we are lucky at East Fife to have someone with so much knowledge 

Well it is true. McBride played 6 games last season, we have signed another Goodfellow by the sounds of things and Agnew is nowhere near the level of Robinson! Agnew cant run apartently 

11 minutes ago, MethilMink said:

Well it is true. McBride played 6 games last season, we have signed another Goodfellow by the sounds of things and Agnew is nowhere near the level of Robinson! Agnew cant run apartently 

It's not that Aggy can't run, it's just that it's not his game. Give him the ball and he'll spray passes around that you couldn't even see. Technically he's excellent and didn't ever look out of place with us in the Championship.