The East Fife Thread

12 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

I’d be seriously worried if Liam Watt was the fittest member of your squad at pre-season. He was still a blob at the end of the season.

4 hours ago, gm_1982 said:

It’s amazing how tetchy opposition supporters get when you dare criticise one of their new signings. Watt was overweight and unfit last season, that’s a fact. If he’s trimmed up a bit then you’ve got a good player there. Wasn’t worth the wages that he’d have been on given his fitness issues whilst he was here.

Don't think it is a case of supporters getting tetchy, just that we don't recognise the description of Liam Watt that you portray. Is it not the case that you are trying to convince yourself that he was not good enough for you but really you would have liked him to stay???

As for the comment on the quote above re the rest of the squad, I did foresee that coming as I said in my post on the Brechin site and you duly obliged.

5 minutes ago, frankie said:

That's good to hear.

Any more bits of information from yesterday for those of who couldn't make it?

We thot we had Greg Spence signed til last minute also thers a new law wher players hav to be paid  52 wks of the year ,this will hit a lot of clubs,still hopeful of adding 3 or 4 players,the loan market prob be more difficult this season with colts teams in the cup and a new reserve league starting 

A new name and the promise of more to come, good stuff!!

Squad for Match Day (Minus 20)
 Long
Dunsmore, Dunlop, Watson, Meggatt
 Thomson, Davidson, Watt, Agnew
 Smith, Court
 Subs: Docherty, Slattery, Kane, Linton, Young???

And before anybody starts I've only dropped Sparky because he's still returning from injury!!!

Darren young told us yesterday that Scott Agnew is on a 2 yr deal,good bit of business I reckon 

Is it just Agnew or are all the new guys on the same deal???

Don't think it is a case of supporters getting tetchy, just that we don't recognise the description of Liam Watt that you portray. Is it not the case that you are trying to convince yourself that he was not good enough for you but really you would have liked him to stay???
As for the comment on the quote above re the rest of the squad, I did foresee that coming as I said in my post on the Brechin site and you duly obliged.

If Watt could return to the form he showed for us the season before then yes, I’d have liked him to stay. If it was up to me I’d have brought him in for pre-season to prove his fitness but Dods obviously thinks he can bring in better on the wages he was on. As yet we haven’t but time will tell.

And into the teens...

Squad for Match Day (Minus 19)
 Long
 Smith, Court

It'll be here before you know it!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

And into the teens...

Squad for Match Day (Minus 19)
 Long
 Smith, Court

It'll be here before you know it!!!

Cant believe youve not got docherty and slattery ahead of unknown players pull yourself together min

Cant believe youve not got docherty and slattery ahead of unknown players pull yourself together min

I've never said that this is our best 11!!!

What I'm doing is putting out the team as a starting 11 of Young's signings, we've all been saying that this is when he's going to be judged, when he has his own team and his own players and now this is it!!!

Also, Davidson, Agnew, Watt and Thomson are hardly unknown players, especially in this division and Docherty is still recovering from his operation, is only doing partial training and is unlikely to be ready for the start of the season!!!

6 hours ago, King Kebab said:

I've never said that this is our best 11!!!

What I'm doing is putting out the team as a starting 11 of Young's signings, we've all been saying that this is when he's going to be judged, when he has his own team and his own players and now this is it!!!

Also, Davidson, Agnew, Watt and Thomson are hardly unknown players, especially in this division and Docherty is still recovering from his operation, is only doing partial training and is unlikely to be ready for the start of the season!!!

That's all very well but are you pulled together min?

Edited by Stevo Fife
because I can

Apparently hes singing along with another friench striker, was singing in the kirkland last saturday anyway

Thought karaoke was a Sunday at the Kirkland???

Or was he just happy with his contract???