The East Fife Thread

If Spence is away to Arbroath then I can see them going after him, if Spence stays do they really need another forward, especially with Buchanan stealing 50 grand a year of them???

Talk of us being after Wilkie as well as Duggan.

Seem to recall Duggan rattled quite a few goals in for you guys.

ETA     I doubt Buchanan is on 50K, or anywhere near it TBH.

Edited by Wee Sandy

Talk of us being after Wilkie as well as Duggan.
Seem to recall Duggan rattled quite a few goals in for you guys.

ETA     I doubt Buchanan is on 50K, or anywhere near it TBH.

900 a week according to your own fans!!!

1 minute ago, King Kebab said:

Mibees aye, mibees naw.

Depends what some of them are drinking at the time!

What about the Wilkie and Duggan rumour?

Would be good for us to have some new faces after some of the turgid stuff we've had to watch this season.

If Duggan moves then I suppose, fair enough the guy wants a full time deal and has made no secret of that fact, he was about the last player to sign last season as he was holding out for a full time Club but it didn't happen for him, but surely more worrying is if the Wilkie rumours are true, if so then Young's decision making must be further called to question, if he has released a player and deemed that player, generally recognised as being one of our better players, as not being worthy of a contract offer but yet that same player is deemed worthy of a full time contract at another Club!!![emoji848]

12 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

That rumour grew arms and legs on the basis Livi fans said they were offering him similar wages but he turned them down to sign for us as we were offering more money. In reality I'd suspect fans of either club, Livi or us, know heehaw on what the terms were or what he's on at present. 

That rumour grew arms and legs on the basis Livi fans said they were offering him similar wages but he turned them down to sign for us as we were offering more money. In reality I'd suspect fans of either club, Livi or us, know heehaw on what the terms were or what he's on at present. 

He must have been offered something worthwhile to keep him in League One when he could have been lording it up in the Championship with Livi!!!

Just now, King Kebab said:

He must have been offered something worthwhile to keep him in League One when he could have been lording it up in the Championship with Livi!!!

For all we know he could have been offered a deal to stay at Livi but told he'd be down the pecking order for a game and came to us knowing he'd be a regular starter.

For all we know he could have been offered a deal to stay at Livi but told he'd be down the pecking order for a game and came to us knowing he'd be a regular starter.

And for all we know he could have been a ridiculous offer that he couldn't refuse!!!
IMG_3471.jpg

The Countdown begins...
Our first game will be on the 14th of July when Matchday 1 of the Betfred Cup Group Stages begin. So at the moment, on Day Minus 65 till Season 2018/19 kicks off, we have six signed players (possibly seven as Smith is still signed, he put himself on the bench at the latter stage of the season through necessity, the side looks like this...
???
???, Kane, Page, Linton
???, Slattery, Docherty, ???
Smith, ???
Subs: Young?
Will there be any change by Day Minus 64???

2 hours ago, King Kebab said:

if so then Young's decision making must be further called to question, if he has released a player and deemed that player, generally recognised as being one of our better players, as not being worthy of a contract offer but yet that same player is deemed worthy of a full time contract at another Club!!!emoji848.png

Or it could also call into question Smith's decision making if he thinks it's a good idea to sign an injury prone player who was released by a part-time side.

I'm leaning towards the latter tbh.

The only reason he signed for us and not Livi is at his age, he needs to think about his future.

It’s common knowledge that he was offered a 1 yr deal at Livi and a 2 yr deal with us so he took the chance to tie up a bit more of his future.

He’s not on 50K a year. Far from it.

I would hazard a guess at about 30K a year.

Heard a rumour that our beloved vice captain is available for transfer.No problems with the fans or the club in general, and confirms what we were led to believe after the last home game v Stranraer.

The common theme is that players are unable to work for/with  Darren Young. Again this has been doing the rounds for weeks.

Unfortunately it is against this background and the general lack of quality in play that is prompting supporters not to renew Season Tickets and the support in general to fall drastically.

Meanwhile the news from Bayview is deafening in its absence. What a surprise!

Not to worry fellow fans, we can read all about EF on Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin. Not sure however that the local public know this however.

At the risk of repeating myself, the Board really need to be more pro-active in talking up the club by trying to encourage local new fans and businesses to turn out  and support their local team.

There is plenty to talk about -20 GBP Season Tickets for under 16's , Early Bird Season Tickets, Invitations to become Club Sponsors, and the clubs hopes and aspirations for next season.

Unfortunately for all the good work undertaken by the board in getting finances under control, they let themselves down badly by their lack of public relations. The days of- They ken where we are - should now be over .The fans are voting with their feet. Do not hold your breath however.

Looks like it will continue to be a female supporter writing letters periodically in the EF Mail who will continue to be the link between Club  and Public.