The East Fife Thread

12 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

Maybe he used to be. His career until signing for East Fife has largely been spent top end of L1 / bottom end of Championship. Page is pretty easily at that kind of level.

Gordon spent a few years with Alloa turning down full-time offers because of his job situation. He was easily the best centre-half in Scottish part-time football. Friends of mine who are Rangers fans would rave about him during our battles with them in the Championship. He was excellent during his short spell with Alloa just last season. Part of a defence that held Celtic 0-0 at Parkhead for 83 minutes a year ago.  

He was easily the best centre-half in Scottish part-time football.

That title now unquestionably belongs to Pagey as highlighted by his inclusion in the League One Team of the Year at the end of last season!!!

33 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

That title now unquestionably belongs to Pagey as highlighted by his inclusion in the League One Team of the Year at the end of last season!!!

I thought that was a pretty bizarre inclusion. But as this discussion shows, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

Is it just me , but do you think our defensive frailties this season are coming mainly from a lack of full backs cover when runners overlap. I've watched every game, and although we have decent FBs , there are far too many crosses making their way into our box with ease. We seem to be missing the tracking abilities of the likes of Ross Brown. Just an observation!

I thought that was a pretty bizarre inclusion. But as this discussion shows, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

You are of course entitled to voice your own opinion!!!

no matter how wrong it is!!![emoji6]

Gordon to link up with old boss Barry Smith on a short term deal...

According to the Courier today, Gordon wants to go abroad. Apparently there wasn't an opportunity to do so in the summer, so he signed for East Fife to keep himself fit and to provide cover until Page was fit.

2 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

According to the Courier today, Gordon wants to go abroad. Apparently there wasn't an opportunity to do so in the summer, so he signed for East Fife to keep himself fit and to provide cover until Page was fit.

I saw that. No wonder he could allow himself a wee chuckle at the end of the derby when he knew his freedom was only weeks away.

Stevo you've been missed, your semi-literate banter is missing from this mundane forum.  How does it feel to get five shoved up your rectum.:o  Looking forward to seeing you and your couple of dozen fellow supporters in "C" stand at San Starko.  Bless you and especially your mum, sisters and daughters I and others enjoyed them all.;)