The East Fife Thread

Thought we were very poor with the ball first half and couldn't string 2 passes together albeit against a superior side.A big improvement in the second half when Willis was switched inside .He wasn't everyone's favourite last time but has played very well so far.At least we created chances in this game but even when Wilkie and Smith return still feel we need more goal scorers in the team.

That was a weird one yesterday, if Hearts had gone in 3-0 up at half-time you wouldn't have heard a complaint from any of the East Fife fans there, such was Hearts' superiority in the first period, they absolutely pummelled us and if it wasn't for the fact their forward line couldn't hit a coo's erse with a banjo it could have been very embarrassing!!!

Different story second half, we change it a little and it's a more even game, although Hearts always looking bigger and dangerous they didn't get it all their own way and we started pegging them back in their own box and then they go and score on the break and its effectively game over, the late penalty WAS a penalty, no complaints about it all but it did put a rather unfair reflection on the final score!!!

Anyway, well done Hesrts you did deserve the win, just make sure you score at least 3 versus Dunfermline!!!

#topbantz

Tell us, is it not a bit soul destroying knowing that even fans of your own team think you're a bit of a weird arsehole and it's not just fans of other teams???

Yea your probably right shows I'm using the right bait though. ;):)

It's just that I am bored no football this weekend pissing down outside so I try to wind you up.  Anyway soon be back to normal in a week or two.  Come on ye Raith.

Edited by steakngravy
Boredom.

^^^ Delusional!!!

Coming on to another teams thread, making a complete tit of yourself, being soundly ridiculed and then claiming you were only fishing doesn't work, you've been told before!!!

Yea your probably right shows I'm using the right bait though. [emoji6][emoji4]
It's just that I am bored no football this weekend pissing down outside so I try to wind you up.  Anyway soon be back to normal in a week or two.  Come on ye Raith.

'Back to normal' implies you were ever there!
Away un bile yur heid ya Kirkcaldy neanderthal

Anyone else think Goodie should have came for that cross on the 1st goal ?

I think that's Ryan's biggest flaw, he's a good shot stopper but rarely comes off his line. Was surprised he was given a new contract after being second choice last season but I'm sure it's something he can still improve on.

33 minutes ago, T-zero said:

I think that's Ryan's biggest flaw, he's a good shot stopper but rarely comes off his line. Was surprised he was given a new contract after being second choice last season but I'm sure it's something he can still improve on.

It's a very fair comment.  

Kicking can be poor too, as highlighted on Saturday.  Lost count of the goal kicks that went right out of play

It's a very fair comment.  

Kicking can be poor too, as highlighted on Saturday.  Lost count of the goal kicks that went right out of play

The kicking part is the easy bit to solve, just don't kick it so wide every time! Sounds like a simple solution..

Sadly I haven't been able to get to a game this season yet (hope to come up for Rovers match late August). It seems we're starting to gel defensively which is great, but although it's early days I'm worried we aren't scoring. At all. Is it just me?

8 minutes ago, frankie said:

Sadly I haven't been able to get to a game this season yet (hope to come up for Rovers match late August). It seems we're starting to gel defensively which is great, but although it's early days I'm worried we aren't scoring. At all. Is it just me?

I've only seen us against Dunfermline and Hearts.  Hard to judge a depleted side, against full time sides a league or two above.  Will be more interested in seeing us approach Elgin this week.  Having Lamont, Wilkie and Smith back fit will help us too.  Wilkie was a named sub on Sat, so hopefully not too long til he's back