The East Fife Thread

I know suggesting a manager who has just been relegated from League 1 may not seem the best idea but Brown Ferguson would be worth the consideration purely because in the 2 games last season where Stenny defeated EF I think he tactically got the better of both Naysmith and Smith. In the first home game in October when Stenny won 1-0 coming of the back of the Livi win the week before and Jamie Insall's performance in particular I thought EF were going to win with ease. However where Insall had benefited from a high Livi back line and Liam Kelly staying pretty much on his line a number of wee lofted passes and through balls seen him cause mayhem all afternoon. Against Stenny though there back 4 pretty much sat 35 yards from goal and the keeper McCabe was always on his penalty spot so this pretty much nullified Insalls runs and and I lost count the amount of times McCabe took control of the ball on the 18 yard line. I will say it took a crazy handball from Naysmith for the winning goal but still Stenny had clearly scouted EF and come up with an effective plan. When Stenny won 3-1 at Ochilview In April I thought Ferguson got the better of Smith with his 3-5-2 against EF with Cooper at left back in a 4-4-2. I know Hursty should have saved the penalty and EF had a stonewall penalty for a tug on Curran ignored but they were deserved winners on the day. Duthie and Hurtado at wing back,  Berry in the holding role and Fraser Kerr stepping out from defence with the ball proved to much for EF and again I know EF had a lot of players missing g with injury but Ferguson had a tactical plan and Barry Smith didn't seem to have any answers especially by leaving a shockingly poor Nicki Paterson on the park. I know a season is 36 games and Stenny were relegated but my observation is only based on the teams I saw EF play and their managers last season.

Wonder if he has actually applied or is waiting on being asked???

He will have a long wait if he thinks he will be getting chased by our Board IMO!!!

You received a personal message after a previous statement on here. Can you check it out please Stan?

Hi Angus, it seems every time I bring up the financial part of the club it never gets answered.(I won't discuss private messages)
I am a fan, this is a fans forum & I'm asking questions about plastic pitch hire, land being sold, transfer fees, compensation for Smith ,Twigg/Rankine involvement.
Now as you're the fans representative on the board & this is a fans forum then be open & if you can, answer the points.
The forum for now is dominated with manager/player recruitment so my points are easily forgotten about on here but they will always surface.
Barry Smiths contract, In the East Fife Mail Jim Stevenson said "the deal we have is that if a full time team come in then we'll allow him to speak to them" Speak yes but compensation for breaking a contract is still due.
August 2014 was an interesting time when not 1 but 2 buyouts was taking place, 1 from the board & 1 from the trust ( there was even talk of a joint bid remember) whatever happened & why hasn't it been brought up again especially since the club is valued less than 2yrs ago due to Rankine purchasing all the surrounding land.
More recently, the Live at Bayview music festival/fiasco, now most fans thought this was independently run but it wasn't & it wasn't to East Fife's cost, several thousand pounds cost. Has Barry Smiths compensation money went straight to cover the festival debacle.
Finally, the plastic pitch, what is the financial split between FFTC & EFFC going to be? The club/Rankine/Twigg aren't allowing the use of their stadium out of the kindness of their hearts.

I'll respect your/clubs wish not to comment on financial matters

Tried to post that earlier. Note, it's nothing against the board members that do post on here, but they do often take great offence whenever questions are asked about the finances of the club. Another thing to note from that graphic (I think it was from supporters direct?) was this. Whilst I don't like calling out the board of my own club, they don't exactly help themselves with how they communicate things to fans, despite improvements in recent years on social media.

18902308_10207746110685246_2000799410_n.png

Trust has a rep. Directors identified in programme. Finances published for AGM. See chart in previous post for share holding. Players have Liam I think as rep. Any questions I have asked in emails to club have been answered. So perhaps  supporters  direct haven't  been asking correct questions  

3 hours ago, StanDrew said:

Hi Angus, it seems every time I bring up the financial part of the club it never gets answered.(I won't discuss private messages)
I am a fan, this is a fans forum & I'm asking questions about plastic pitch hire, land being sold, transfer fees, compensation for Smith ,Twigg/Rankine involvement.
Now as you're the fans representative on the board & this is a fans forum then be open & if you can, answer the points.
The forum for now is dominated with manager/player recruitment so my points are easily forgotten about on here but they will always surface.
Barry Smiths contract, In the East Fife Mail Jim Stevenson said "the deal we have is that if a full time team come in then we'll allow him to speak to them" Speak yes but compensation for breaking a contract is still due.
August 2014 was an interesting time when not 1 but 2 buyouts was taking place, 1 from the board & 1 from the trust ( there was even talk of a joint bid remember) whatever happened & why hasn't it been brought up again especially since the club is valued less than 2yrs ago due to Rankine purchasing all the surrounding land.
More recently, the Live at Bayview music festival/fiasco, now most fans thought this was independently run but it wasn't & it wasn't to East Fife's cost, several thousand pounds cost. Has Barry Smiths compensation money went straight to cover the festival debacle.
Finally, the plastic pitch, what is the financial split between FFTC & EFFC going to be? The club/Rankine/Twigg aren't allowing the use of their stadium out of the kindness of their hearts.

I'll respect your/clubs wish not to comment on financial matters

There is actually very little of the above that I can discuss on a public forum. Financial matters relating to individuals are strictly confidential. What I can say is that all outgoings and incomings are fully accounted for.

As far as the Buy East Fife bid is concerned, we reached an impasse and that state of affairs remains unchanged.

FFTC is independently run and will have full responsibility for the administration of the community facilities, including the playing surface.

The point of the PM was to meet you face to face to discuss your concerns. That offer remains open...