The East Fife Thread

I think we dodged a bullet with Wallace.He only ever seems to be fit near to transfer time

Must've been plenty of transfer windows last season as he made 27 appearances.
Would've loved to have Ryan back at Bayview, he always gives 100% & I remember after he left us he payed at the gate to watch us in the relegation playoffs.
Worryingly as already been said that Stranraer can offer a more lucrative deal than East Fife

If we had duggan all season I really think we would of made the play offs, from seeing him at Queen's Park I never realised how hard he works on the pitch.

Think if we had had Pagey all season we would have made the play offs!!!

I take it by the lack of reply to my post that no-one knows if we make any money off the rent of the pitch?

Like most here love the idea of us boosting the community's sports facilities - but if we have foregone the chance of catching up the Alloa's of this world (who have a smaller fanbase) then it would be a massive own goal by the club.

Fingers crossed my concerns are misplaced and we have now given ourselves a massive cash injection as a silver lining to giving up our great pitch.

I take it by the lack of reply to my post that no-one knows if we make any money off the rent of the pitch?

Like most here love the idea of us boosting the community's sports facilities - but if we have foregone the chance of catching up the Alloa's of this world (who have a smaller fanbase) then it would be a massive own goal by the club.
Fingers crossed my concerns are misplaced and we have now given ourselves a massive cash injection as a silver lining to giving up our great pitch.

As far as I'm aware, we're not being charged for the pitch being installed but similarly won't get any cash. Angus or Liam are the only two that post on here that will have any idea of the technicalities of it. I agree, however, that point it's disappointing to see our carpet of a pitch ripped up for no financial gain.

Money coming in from rental for almost 50wks per year but apparently East Fife will make nothing & Fifers for the community (FFTC) are a 100% non profit organisation, as stated on their 'TotalGiving donation page'

The new plastic pitch will have to be replaced every 4-5 yrs so that's a huge amount of money accumulating.
The Kennoway Star Hearts deal has still to be confirmed but don't expect the details of that deal to be published

It's very generous of Lorraine Twigg to forfeit this revenue to her club.

1 hour ago, StanDrew said:

Money coming in from rental for almost 50wks per year but apparently East Fife will make nothing & Fifers for the community (FFTC) are a 100% non profit organisation, as stated on their 'TotalGiving donation page'

The new plastic pitch will have to be replaced every 4-5 yrs so that's a huge amount of money accumulating.
The Kennoway Star Hearts deal has still to be confirmed but don't expect the details of that deal to be published

It's very generous of Lorraine Twigg to forfeit this revenue to her club.

The club hope to benefit by making the stadium a community hub, attracting participants, particularly youngsters and their families to the club and provide catering as well as souvenir shop facilities. East Fife Football Club are the nearest SPFL side to Methil, Leven, Buckhaven, Methilhill, Windygates, Kennoway, Markinch, Glenrothes, East Wemyss, Lundin Links, Lower Largo, Elie, St Monans, Pittenweem and Anstruther and we aim to re-establish these links...   

Edited by Angusfifer

The club hope to benefit by making the stadium a community hub, attracting participants, particularly youngsters and their families to the club and provide catering as well as souvenir shop facilities. East Fife Football Club are the nearest SPFL side to Methil, Leven, Buckhaven, Methilhill, Windygates, Kennoway, Markinch, Glenrothes, East Wemyss, Lundin Links, Lower Largo, Elie, St Monans, Pittenweem and Anstruther and we aim to re-establish these links...   

All of the above is commendable Angus, as you say this club may be the nearest Spfl club to the above areas but what you/East Fife are forgetting is the club is in the centre of 1 of the most highly deprived areas in Scotlands so there's little chance of boosting crowd numbers when season ticket prices have rocketed 40%

I'd have thought you would've commented on more the financial side of things relating to my post

Sorry to dredge this up again but AngusFifer I think you are skating on thin ice cos I know people who have been season ticket holders for years but are not renewing. One says that he is going to be selective at what games to watch so be prepared for low crowds in the middle of the winter, with a sea breeze, rain all in the coldest stadium imagine able.

Ripping up a perfectly good pitch and replacing with an artificial pitch would be bearable if the club were to make money out of it but we're not so it's a bizarre decision, especially as the pitch was maintained by volunteers. Crazy increase in season tickets and pay at the gate to go with it! Madness

21 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

IMO only thing that will attract punters is a successful football team first and hopefully build on that, frankly I can't see what East Fife has to offer more than any of the other Fife clubs. As for Astro turf you have an excellent facility at Michael woods  luckily for Rovers they have formed a partnership with and are currently building an indoor arena as well which I'm sure Rovers will benefit from as well as numerous other junior, senior and amatuer clubs.

Squad - Season 2017-18

01 - Ryan Goodfellow
02 - ???
03 - Patrick Slattery
04 - Christopher Kane
05 - Jonathan Page
06 - ???
07 - ???
08 - ???
09 - Christopher Duggan
10 - Kevin Smith
11 - Kyle Wilkie
12 - ???
13 - ???
14 - ???
15 - ???
16 - ???
17 - ???
18 - ???
19 - ???
20 - Benjamin Reilly
21 - ???
22 - ???

00 - Paul Willis

We'll keep filling out the rest out as we go!!![emoji6]

So we're just waiting on news regarding Tony Wallace, Mark Lamont, Ross Mutch and Craig Gordon!!!

By all accounts Big Tone has been invited to preseason to try and earn himself a contract, which is fair enough as Barry has never seen him play, Lamont is on holiday apparently, nobody (not even Liam) knows if Mutch is already signed for next season and Craig has been misplaced/forgotten about totally, he might be locked in a cupboard at the ground or something!!!

Still need at least another half dozen signed IMO and Barry I'm sure will be stalking the loan market like the scary/angry looking man he his!!!