The East Fife Thread

"Club thanks players

The Club would like to express its appreciation to the following players who have been released or signed for other clubs for their efforts during the season: Mark Hurst: Alex Cooper: Ross Brown: Jordan Austin: Scott Robinson: Nicki Paterson: Kieran Duffie: Jesse Curran: Jason Kerr: James Penrice and Luke Watt.

We wish them all the best for the future."

Some won't be missed that much, some are a massive loss. Think Barry has a tough task on his hands this summer.

Edited by Big Fifer

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Bit harsh on Jesse Curran considering he was just a loan.

As was Hurst, Kerr, Penrice and Watt. All back to parent clubs, not particularly well explained in the statement.

Edited by Big Fifer

So the names missing from that list that aren't already signed up
Goodfellow, Page, Duggan
If they were offered new deals, then I'd be delighted

Reilly and Tony Wallace also not accounted for.  (unless I've misundersttod their contract status)

I wouldn't mind Reilly and Big Tony back ...

Lamont as he hasn't had much 90mins to go on this season that's my opinion as for Reilly and Tony I have seen enough to suggest, I wouldn't blame Ben turning us down for first team football elsewhere.

As for Mutch, did the kid no signed a longer deal under Naysmith or was I believing the tooth fairy before he was put out loan to Glenrothes I would have him around in the squad just because of development nothing else.

but I'm hoping the other three sign!!

Tony Wallace has the benefit in that Barry Smith hasn't seen him play , I'm sure once he does see him then he'll be freed.

I'd like to see Ricky Little from Arbroath, Ryan Wallace, Alex Harris freed from Hibs for starters. Thoughts & suggestions?

Just noticed striker Dale Hilson is a free agent, played a lot of games for a 24yr old, good experience

There's no need to panic about numbers in the squad in my opinion. The season's not even finished, and Barry will want to build his own team. I'm going to go ahead and make a wild assumption that the players that play part time in our leagues, around 70% will be out of contract as clubs only seem to offer 1 year deals most of the time. Obviously you have to discount the players living in Glasgow, up north etc that won't do the travelling but there'll be plenty players available. Just depends on what budget we have, and whether or not we used the budget in the same way this season with going with such a small squad again.

It's that time of year again where we all name players we would love to sign and I could be here all day naming players but we will just have to be patient I suppose as Barry won't know what funds are available until the club shift season tickets and with the price increase I doubt it will be more than last season. Just need to hope for the best. Interesting few weeks coming up that's for sure.

Tony Wallace has the benefit in that Barry Smith hasn't seen him play , I'm sure once he does see him then he'll be freed.
I'd like to see Ricky Little from Arbroath, Ryan Wallace, Alex Harris freed from Hibs for starters. Thoughts & suggestions?
Just noticed striker Dale Hilson is a free agent, played a lot of games for a 24yr old, good experience

Little has signed on for next season at Gayfield I'm afraid.

And I'd like to see Lionel Messi, Toni Kroos and Simon Murray for starters at Gayfield too.

But guess what, it's no happening.

16 hours ago, T-zero said:

Mark docherty from Dumbarton for left back Glasgow based though so maybe not practical can't think of much east coast players. If dale carrick is released from Livingston could be a good signing.

Docherty is Stranraer bound I'm led to believe.