The East Fife Thread

Smith must have known that Livi were after them as they were publicly announced as have being offered contracts along with Duggan, it'll be to show that he wanted to keep them, suppose Duggan will be the next one away!!!

Sorry lads, seems we are going around sweeping up every midfielder that's out of contract. 

We now have 8 midfielders signed up for next season and 3 out of contract that I thought may have stayed. 

Going for a 1,8,1 formation I recon next season :lol:

On a serious note, according to Hoppy he sees him as being able to play in a variety of positions, one wouldn't be RB would it ? It's a position we are looking to cover, just a thought. 

4 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Sorry lads, seems we are going around sweeping up every midfielder that's out of contract. 

We now have 8 midfielders signed up for next season and 3 out of contract that I thought may have stayed. 

Going for a 1,8,1 formation I recon next season :lol:

On a serious note, according to Hoppy he sees him as being able to play in a variety of positions, one wouldn't be RB would it ? It's a position we are looking to cover, just a thought. 

Yeah it's exactly that. He started off at central midfield for us, went to right back, then played out wide for a lot of this season.

He can play there but we have better for that position, Kane, Duffie and Reilly to name three!!!

It's midfield where we'll miss him, think he's going to be one of those players who won't be appreciated by many until he's gone, and now he's gone!!!

Oddly enough never rated Ross Brown at right back, more of a grafter in midfield but could have done with some goals from him. Good luck to him though cos he worked hard every time he was on the park.

He can play there but we have better for that position, Kane, Duffie and Reilly to name three!!!

It's midfield where we'll miss him, think he's going to be one of those players who won't be appreciated by many until he's gone, and now he's gone!!!

Reilly??

I must admit, with Robinson and now Brown going, I am getting a bit nervous about Page as I thought he would have been one of the first to be signed up.

Looks like we are going to find out how good Barry Smith's signing policy is with new player replacements required.

I think Reilly should get signed up, still young, was highly rated at accies and has looked decent in the short spells he's played. Maybe with a decent pre season behind him and a couple of games will give him a bit confidence

Why not looked good any chance he has had but has played more as a winger 

He was brought in by Barry Smith & featured in about 5 or 6 sub appearances.
When a manager brings in his own player & doesn't play him even though the team are down to the bare bones most weeks then that tells its own story.

just a young lad who I'm sure would definitely do well given more time in my opinion as he has done any chance he got  maybe didn't feel he had the experience for play offs etc but suppose time will tell mate