The East Fife Thread

We're operating with an insanely small squad and losing the players we have to other sides, injuries and now suspensions is really taking it's toll. It's a shame but I trust it's been done intentionally, there's a reason after all that as a club we made a small profit the past year IIRC. 

On 2/21/2017 at 16:25, Big Fifer said:

We're operating with an insanely small squad and losing the players we have to other sides, injuries and now suspensions is really taking it's toll. It's a shame but I trust it's been done intentionally, there's a reason after all that as a club we made a small profit the past year IIRC. 

You could not be further from the truth. Yes, we have managed to re-balance the books, but funds have been available to strengthen the squad. The emphasis being on the word strengthen. I think you will agree that James Penrice, Nikki Paterson and Luke Watt have all been excellent signings...  

Edited by Angusfifer

You could not be further from the truth. Yes, we have managed to re-balance the books, but funds have been available to strengthen the squad. The emphasis being on the word strengthen. I think you will agree that James Penrice, Nikki Paterson and Luke Watt have all been excellent signings...  

They have been excellent signings (you didn't mention Ben Reilly) but two of them are LOAN signings and unless we're paying their wages then those funds you mention haven't been fully utilised as our squad is really small, four on the bench yesterday proves that!!!

Think it's probably somewhere in the middle here, whilst our squad is too small there's no point in the board sanctioning signings just to make up the numbers. If the players weren't there then they weren't there, simple as. Hopefully get a few more back from injury in the coming weeks for the big playoff push [emoji106]

They have been excellent signings (you didn't mention Ben Reilly) but two of them are LOAN signings and unless we're paying their wages then those funds you mention haven't been fully utilised as our squad is really small, four on the bench yesterday proves that!!!

Any idea how long watt is out? Be a bit crap if we are paying his wages and he's missing through injury for a while.

Think it's probably somewhere in the middle here, whilst our squad is too small there's no point in the board sanctioning signings just to make up the numbers. If the players weren't there then they weren't there, simple as. Hopefully get a few more back from injury in the coming weeks for the big playoff push [emoji106]

Fair enough, but I think it's only Watt that will be back in time, think the Club have already said that Kyle and Big Tony are out for the rest of the season!!!