The East Fife Thread

Wonder when the last time we went 9 undefeated was. I think the best we managed last season was two 7 match runs, either side of a gubbing at Hampden.

We had to have done it during the 2008 championship season given we only lost one match in the whole second half of the season and were out all the cups by that time.

Here's some credit where it's due...

RYAN GOODFELLOW HASNT CONCEDED A GOAL FOR 499 MINUTES OF FOOTBALL!!!

IMG_1485028278.076545.jpg.a855feb0727d87

Probably jinxed it now!!![emoji854]

What we have here at bayview is a special set of players, that you rarely find at this level. Not one bad attitude in that squad, players who come in and give 100%, play for the badge not for the money. Big special mention to the board for being patient and waiting for the right one[emoji106] what a find barry and Gordon have been, long may the run continue. Proud to be a fifer! #monthefife

Very impressed with east fife i must say been saying it all season.

In the first game of the season you were alot better than i thought youd be, the boy upfront 'shagger' looked a player just a shame hes had to give up football.

I thought you were doing really well with naysmith but you seem to be doing better with smith, hes a great manager and it was him i wanted back in when we appointed goodwin, apparently he fell out with our chairman so it would never have been him.

Well done east fife [emoji106]????.

In the first game of the season you were alot better than i thought youd be, the boy upfront 'shagger' looked a player just a shame hes had to give up football.

Well done east fife [emoji106]????.

McManus recently signed for Cove Rangers, currently on a months loan to Glenrothes Juniors

He left cause he was a postie and they finish at half 2 so wasn't getting to games on time or with time to train. Cove offered him full time wages on an 18 month contract. A deal you cannot turn down

They must be paying decent money yeah, they signed mitch megginson from us in the close season, a player who i feel would have ran riot this season at this level.

13 minutes ago, frankie said:

Do you remember when we played St Mirren in the Scottish Cup at Bayview in 1973 I think. This was the team.

It was 1-1 on the day and we eventually went out, but only after 2 replays both at Love Street.

East Fife V St Mirren r.jpg

Great pic from January 1971. ! We have actually faced them since in 1985-86. Again lost after a replay... 

1 hour ago, Angusfifer said:

Great pic from January 1971. ! We have actually faced them since in 1985-86. Again lost after a replay... 

Better luck in the League Cup against them!!!

What a night!!!:thumsup2