The East Fife Thread

There's no real ambition at East Fife and I doubt that will change under current ownership, sad but true. At least we remain debt free after the Lee Murray fiasco and we're looking good to consolidate our place in league one.

ETA I suppose we are like most teams at lower level, live by our means, survive and hope for the best. I would rather that than our club going under like Rangers

9 hours ago, WhoAmI said:

Can't believe that all threads concerning the Fife are so quiet. Is nothing happening at all at Bayview apart from the weekly draw not being won.

Maybe there are no new additions coming in due to a lack of money but we are 4 players down in numbers recently namely McManus, Naysmith, O 'Hara and Mercer as well as Wallace and Wilikie possibly out for the season with 1 arrival Paterson.

Smith and Duggan coming back are undoubtedly a bonus but particularly Duggan will take time to get up to speed with his match fitness.

Would like to see some activity down Bayview way or we may live to regret it.

Do you honestly expect the club to go public on which players the manager is interested in?  

8 minutes ago, T-zero said:

Expect players to be signed after losing 6 and only getting 1 in so far in in January, not just a note of interest.

I think you should show a bit of faith in the manager's judgement. He hasn't done too much wrong so far. Getting the right player takes a bit longer than getting a player...

Do you honestly expect the club to go public on which players the manager is interested in?  

Smith made sure Dundee fans didn't even know the length of the contracts players were on when they'd actually signed. It was utterly bizarre but he's extremely secretive in that regard.

Yeh Sirscotty,. What a good idea. Let's wait and see IF we can beat Livingston and IF we get a decent draw in the next round then we can afford a higher calibrate of player IF the decent ones haven't been snapped up.

You hear some managers saying that they will only buy players who are better than what's there but in East Fife s case I think we have very good players but require just as good players ready to step in when injuries or suspensions arise.

To be honest I would not be in no rush to replace any players in our team. So any additions need to be worth while. If we can wait and try for guys that clubs think, right we have signed boys and this guy can now go on loan, would be perfect. I personally wouldn't rush. Wait and see what can be done :)

I think you should show a bit of faith in the manager's judgement. He hasn't done too much wrong so far. Getting the right player takes a bit longer than getting a player...

Where have I said I don't have faith in the manager? I expected a couple more players to be signed by now not saying it's a disaster that we haven't got more in yet.

Are we not all singing from the same hymn sheet. I am sure we all think that we have a great bunch of guys with a great team spirit. We are not thinking that we can afford to sign top class players to replac any of the current players, all we are looking for is a squad that is strong enough to cope with injuries and suspensions in the run in to assure us a place in League 1 next season. Obviously if there are a couple of players in the manager's radar it would be unreasonable to expect names but to kno that there are one or two enquirers going on would I am sure give supporters a little boost.