The East Fife Thread

Dundee is the only good one

Big Jules, who's been in and out their back line in his first season with the Dee looks like he'll be back at where it started since his arrival in Scotland, top bloke love to see him back one day in Fife shirt. Least we avoided possibly traveling to Dingwall or Inverness so I'm glad we ain't in Raith's shoes. Always knew in recent cups before we would get drawn against Forfar would be somewhere in our group so no real surprise there but it's a decent group and just like the league anyone could beat anyone so I'm looking forward to it.

Believe

Dumbarton and Peterhead isn't very regionalised is it?

Peterhead is north but not sure about Dumbarton ?? SFA organised it so they must be correct, ha ha !!!!!!

Edited by jamkam

Peterhead is north but not sure about Dumbarton ?? SFA organised it so they must be correct, ha ha !!!!!!

Dumbarton being a second seed team meant there were too many south second seed teams so they were the most northern second south seeded team. That's why they are in the north section

Absolutely belting bit of business from Naysmith. The fact that Kyle was offered more money by other part time clubs and signed for us again shows what a good job Naysmith is doing in making East Fife a club players want to play for. I think that means every player under contract last season who was offered a new deal has taken it. 

I'm assuming two of the three players we missed out on were Brett and Spence? Meaning we'll probably be looking to add a striker, a midfielder and a defender then we'll be done barring any extra loanees that become available.

Very happy with how the squad's coming along.

Absolutely belting bit of business from Naysmith. The fact that Kyle was offered more money by other part time clubs and signed for us again shows what a good job Naysmith is doing in making East Fife a club players want to play for. I think that means every player under contract last season who was offered a new deal has taken it.

I'm assuming two of the three players we missed out on were Brett and Spence? Meaning we'll probably be looking to add a striker, a midfielder and a defender then we'll be done barring any extra loanees that become available.

Very happy with how the squad's coming along.

Massive massive resigning that especially on a two year deal ..

#MontheFife

Why not, reckon we could be a surprise package next season especially now that The Messi-Lookalike has resigned!!!

From the Official Site;

We are delighted to announce today that Kyle Wilkie has agreed a new contract with the club for the next 2 seasons.

Manager Gary Naysmith commented, " I am delighted to secure Kyle for another 2 seasons. We have had to be patient since the end of the season as there was full time interest in Kyle and quite rightly he wanted to pursue those opportunities as he has never hid the fact from myself or the club that he would like to get back into full time football if possible. However, I had a gentlemans agreement with Kyle that if he were to stay part time he would re-sign for East Fife and when it became clear that Kyle was going to remain part time, I was always confident he would remain with us even though he had better financial offers from other part time clubs.

Last season Kyle was a hugely influential player for us both on and off the pitch and I am thoroughly looking forward to watching him in league one this season. I must also give great credit to the board for backing me in securing Kyle for another two seasons. It's a big commitment from the club and also from Kyle, and it shows that we are continually trying to build for the future. Including our 3 new signings and bringing Jason back on loan, we now have 15 signed players for next season. For different reasons, we have also missed out on 3 other new signings but that's what happens in football. Whilst I do realise that we still need to add at least 2 or 3 players to the squad for next season, we may need to stay patient and wait until the right players become available. I won't bring players in for the sake of increasing numbers and it may be that we need to see who becomes available in the loan market and go down that route. However, I am delighted with the business we have done so far and I am looking forward to the league cup games starting

Edited by King Kebab