The East Fife Thread

Congratulations to East Fife on winning League 2 yesterday.

How's the former Pars players getting on that yous signed over the summer - Goodfellow, O'Kane and Mercer? Jonathan Page as well is still at Bayview, you guys happy enough keeping him for next season? Thought he done OK for us at League 1 level.

Page has been brilliant this season. Our more attacking players have 'grabbed the headlines' a bit more but i'd be pretty shocked if Pagey wasn't in most folk's L2 team of the year.

Mercer's done extremely well too. Can't have missed many games this season (if any). Always offers something in attack and has been solid at the back.

Goodfellow played the 1st half of the season but lost his place to Liam Kelly who came in on loan from Rangers. I feel it's a bit harsh on Ryan as I though he was a very decent keeper but Kelly's been outstanding since he arrived. I think he's had 7 clean sheets in about 13 games.

O'Kane's probably in a similar position to Goodfellow. Played quite a few games at the start but we've had a very settled back four of Mercer, Kerr, Page and Naysmith and since we've went on our ridiculous run, there really hasn't been an opportunity for him to break back into the side.

I think Mercer and Page are signed up and should be dead certs to start next season as 1st choice in their positions. I'd resign Goodfellow and look to get Kelly or another loan keeper in and let them fight for the jersey. I'd resign O'Kane as well. He's still a young guy and i think showed enough to suggest he's worth keeping. I'd imagine we'll be looking to either get Kerr back on loan or another centre back in so he would probably have to start next season as a squad player. Depends if he's willing to do that or wants to go somewhere he's guaranteed 1st team football.

Does anyone know the SPFL allocation of prize money to clubs.

Position Payment 1 £56,970 2 £54,860 3 £52,750 4 £50,640 5 £48,530 6 £46,420 7 £44,310 8 £42,200 9 £40,090 10

£37,980

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1331865-spfl-sides-to-share-record-21m-prize-money-payout-in-201516-season/

Position Payment 1 £56,970 2 £54,860 3 £52,750 4 £50,640 5 £48,530 6 £46,420 7 £44,310 8 £42,200 9 £40,090 10

£37,980

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1331865-spfl-sides-to-share-record-21m-prize-money-payout-in-201516-season/

Guaranteed £274300 to RR.

Quite serious dosh. As I understand there are concerns about your home support attendances.

Traveling to places like Elgin and Annan and seeing us get beat makes days like this even more worthwhile. So happy for everyone involved with east Fife at the moment as you can see how much it means to them. Their are many photos and videos of us celebrating but this is my favourite photo! Big respect to him for this photo, dedicating the league 2 title to his dad!!

Gary, a man who has faced many challenges, put under a lot of pressure, building a team with a low budget, fans calling for him to be sacked, players not performing to their ability etc. This honest, passionate guy, has pulled through and got us back to league 1!

Winning a title is a great achievement at any age, but at 37, 2nd full season In charge, is even better. The board have stuck by him, and now the fans are starting to see why!

"Good things come to those who wait"

MON THE FIFE!!!

post-59245-14609314945825_thumb.jpg

Edited by ewan_fife

Traveling to places like Elgin and Annan and seeing us get beat makes days like this even more worthwhile. So happy for everyone involved with east Fife at the moment as you can see how much it means to them. Their are many photos and videos of us celebrating but this is my favourite photo! Big respect to him for this photo, dedicating the league 2 title to his dad!!

Gary, a man who has faced many challenges, put under a lot of pressure, building a team with a low budget, fans calling for him to be sacked, players not performing to their ability etc. This honest, passionate guy, has pulled through and got us back to league 1!

Winning a title is a great achievement at any age, but at 37, 2nd full season In charge, is even better. The board have stuck by him, and now the fans are starting to see why!

"Good things come to those who wait"

MON THE FIFE!!!

Well said young man.