Who are Celtic Nation

Without wishing to go into arguments and debates that took place five years ago, any club that is relying on a multi-millionaire benefactor is going to be utterly screwed if the money dries up - be it because the guy got bored, sick or some other reason (whether the money existed in the first place is another issue!).

Gretna were completely unsustainable with or without Wadsworth's involvement.

Without wishing to go into arguments and debates that took place five years ago, any club that is relying on a multi-millionaire benefactor is going to be utterly screwed if the money dries up - be it because the guy got bored, sick or some other reason (whether the money existed in the first place is another issue!).

This.

Wadsworth may or may not be a horse's backside, I wouldn't know, but the implication that he was the reason the Gretna debacle ended as it did is nonsense. He may have contributed to it but Mileson was the problem there.

This.

Wadsworth may or may not be a horse's backside, I wouldn't know, but the implication that he was the reason the Gretna debacle ended as it did is nonsense. He may have contributed to it but Mileson was the problem there.

Amazing that five years on it is still impossible to mention Gretna without some getting into a predictable seethe about it (actually, not really, this is Scotland after all!) & completely miss the point as usual. :rolleyes:

I think the point is watch out for old Gretna types running clubs.Anyone involved with a South club over a period of time knows to beware of money men bearing gifts.When the novelty wears off they disapear leaving the club and the league with a problem that takes quite a time to recover from.Just hope EK are not in that category.

I think the point is watch out for old Gretna types running clubs.Anyone involved with a South club over a period of time knows to beware of money men bearing gifts.When the novelty wears off they disapear leaving the club and the league with a problem that takes quite a time to recover from.Just hope EK are not in that category.

Exactly aren't they becoming some kind of Clyde fc franchise or am I miles away ?

hope not !

EK will be a totally seperate entity from Clyde FC....they will however ground share in the future, but that is as close as they get.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Pie & Bovril mobile app

• 1 year later...

Archived