Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I used to smoke it but it fucked my mental health right up, so I stopped.

If you can smoke it and enjoy it without anything bad happening, then batter in. It's not for me though.

This - and kinda also Bennett saying it stinks - is why I think it should be. Since legalisation here the product that’s taken off the most is edibles. Plant weed is still well (and possibly more) available off the streets but it’s edibles that are flying out of dispensaries. The provenance of what you’re getting - and more importantly knowledge of dosage - should be vastly helpful to folks. 

54 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Don’t think either is particularly sad, in terms of people enjoying a smoke vs enjoying a coffee (obviously the same for both if they can’t function without them). 

Difference between weed and caffeine is that one is dangerous to work under the influence of (in a lot of scenarios) and one isn’t, but that’s the same with other obvious substances like alcohol so easily dealt with in the workplace with policies. 

Don't disagree at all. I wouldn't recommend smoking before working and I imagine most workplaces already have a policy that covers recreational drugs, my old place did. 

21 hours ago, bennett said:

No, it's absolutely stinking.

I'd rather the smell of weed over that legalised stuff called tobacco any day of the week.  The latter is rank, and the front door to the home of any heavy smoker should come with a warning on it.

"Rancid smelling home beyond this door.

Enter at own risk" 

In terms of the smell, it does stink and I would have as much disdain for smokers of weed as smokers of tobacco. I’d be fuming if a neighbour started smoking it in my building, as I’ve had that before and the whole stairwell ends up stinking of it. That really doesn’t have any impact on the legality argument though.

32 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I'd rather the smell of weed over that legalised stuff called tobacco any day of the week.  The latter is rank, and the front door to the home of any heavy smoker should come with a warning on it.

Enter at own risk" 

They both fucking reek but weed seems to linger far longer. 

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Don’t think either is particularly sad, in terms of people enjoying a smoke vs enjoying a coffee (obviously the same for both if they can’t function without them). 

Difference between weed and caffeine is that one is dangerous to work under the influence of (in a lot of scenarios) and one isn’t, but that’s the same with other obvious substances like alcohol so easily dealt with in the workplace with policies. 

It's possible to consume so much caffiene that operating heavy machinery or doing anthing could be risky but that would require absolutely prodigious doses - I think the limit of caffeine consumption is equivelent to about 100 cups of coffee in a day.

Caffeine really is a wonder drug.  Consumed sensibly, via healthy mechanisms, it is the best and safest stimulent.  It improves cognition, it enhances physical performance.  There is good evidence that it improves health and protects against diseases of the brain and liver.  It is also tasty and is perfect for consuming socially.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Don't disagree at all. I wouldn't recommend smoking before working and I imagine most workplaces already have a policy that covers recreational drugs, my old place did. 

My current company doesn't drug test.  It also only gives a company pension to non-smokers. 

Tbf, with my experience at other companies, smokers typically take more frequent breaks, leaving the non-smokers to pick up the slack. Therefore, why shouldn't the harder workers get some extra benefit? 

That said, I'm a non-smoker and the sole employee.  The boss. Head man. Top dog. Big cheese. The head honcho...

43 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Enter at own risk" 

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

They both fucking reek but weed seems to linger far longer. 

This^

42 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Enter at own risk" 

Scott has been spending a fair amount of time with a girl from his school. Her parents smoke, and he comes home reeking. 

Nasty habit. 

16 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Scott has been spending a fair amount of time with a girl from his school. Her parents smoke, and he comes home reeking. 

Nasty habit. 

"Her parents smoke"

auoof.gif

24 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It's possible to consume so much caffiene that operating heavy machinery or doing anthing could be risky but that would require absolutely prodigious doses - I think the limit of caffeine consumption is equivelent to about 100 cups of coffee in a day.

Caffeine really is a wonder drug.  Consumed sensibly, via healthy mechanisms, it is the best and safest stimulent.  It improves cognition, it enhances physical performance.  There is good evidence that it improves health and protects against diseases of the brain and liver.  It is also tasty and is perfect for consuming socially.

Unfortunately, consumption over time leads to bladder weakness, and involuntary pishing of the undergarments in middle-age.

According to a mate.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Unfortunately, consumption over time leads to bladder weakness, and involuntary pishing of the undergarments in middle-age.

According to a mate.

Unsure if there is evidence for that.  Sounds like you are looking for an excuse for being a pissy pissy piss pants.

Regular consumption of coffee has been shown to reduce risk of dementia, heart disease, melanoma, stroke, diabetes, liver cancer, prostate cancer and more.

Health problems can arise from drinking high calorie drinks like latte and mocha too much - these drinks can have up to 600 calories in them, depending what they are flavoured with and how much sugar is added.

Just now, ICTChris said:

Unsure if there is evidence for that.  Sounds like you are looking for an excuse for being a pissy pissy piss pants.

Regular consumption of coffee has been shown to reduce risk of dementia, heart disease, melanoma, stroke, diabetes, liver cancer, prostate cancer and more.

Health problems can arise from drinking high calorie drinks like latte and mocha too much - these drinks can have up to 600 calories in them, depending what they are flavoured with and how much sugar is added.

My mate's doctors claim that the body develops an allergy to caffeine over time, which usually manifests in bladder spasming. His consultant says that it's the most common cause of urinary incontinence they see. They get you to whizz into a bucket with sensors and monitor the vibrations; fun stuff. Thankfully, it's usually reversible.

This is my mate, understand. My continence is of the highest calibre, and I certainly do not reek of pish.

I'd legalise any of the  illegal drugs, money spent on the "war on drugs" hasn't worked but we're too blinkered a country to contemplate a change of tactic. NIMBYism for things like needle exchange and safe shooting rooms in recent years shows that. There will always be a black market though.

At least two of my neighbours smoke it while standing outside and my house ends up stinking of it. Can't stand the smell. 

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Enter at own risk" 

OT, but houses with dogs need a sign too.

2 hours ago, RH33 said:

At least two of my neighbours smoke it while standing outside and my house ends up stinking of it. Can't stand the smell. 

...officer."

(alright, I'll stop doing this now)

Amazing the amount of times you're casually walking down the street and someone stoats past you absolutely howling of it. And I mean howling. Its not a smell I ever recally picking up on in my younger years from folk. We're they just more conscious of not going out stinking of it back then as it was a dead giveaway but now that its more or less accepted, it's fine to be a stinky b*****d?

It always prompts the same response from me when I catch a whiff...turn to whoever I'm walking with and let them know 'I got the fuckin munchies maaaaan '.