Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Jake balls that want to legalise weed are the same as The Rangers fans that want to sing songs.

sit on any bus on a weekend evening and you have drunks making the bus smell like a brewery and being general arseholes yet a stoner minding there own business is labelled a jakeball. Thankfully times are moving on and the stigma of weed is diminishing. alcohol does far more damage than weed ever will. A & E is full of drunks every weekend. you wont find a stoner there being abusive to nhs staff. Most people who demonize weed are those who read too much scaremongering in the msm and have never been high. 

$27.10 13% of which was taxes, so around 16/17 pound I believe. My wife told me that seems a little expensive.

The city of Toronto currently has five legal weed stores. On Wednesday the Provincial government had a lottery and 42 business owners were chosen from 4,874 applications for the right to submit documents to open a legal weed store, 13 of the 42 are for locations in Toronto so hopefully a little more competition will lower the prices

Here it costs me £20 for a 1.75 gram bag of fairly good green so you're slightly cheaper still.

Eta. Regarding if it smells bad or not I would imagine that depends on if you're a weed smoker or not. If associate positive feelings with the pong then it's pleasant getting a sudden whiff of it. Imagine smells shite to anyone else though.

8 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

sit on any bus on a weekend evening and you have drunks making the bus smell like a brewery and being general arseholes yet a stoner minding there own business is labelled a jakeball. Thankfully times are moving on and the stigma of weed is diminishing. alcohol does far more damage than weed ever will. A & E is full of drunks every weekend. you wont find a stoner there being abusive to nhs staff. Most people who demonize weed are those who read too much scaremongering in the msm and have never been high. 

I have been high m9 and I don't read scaremongering. I do know that every "stoner" I have known or seen is a smelly, minky jakeball and a total loser.

If you feel that strongly about alcohol, why don't you call for it to be illegal? No instead you call for something else to be legalised because something currently legal is worse?

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Buses are for jakeballs.

Here it costs me £20 for a 1.75 gram bag of fairly good green so you're slightly cheaper still.

Where is this?

I have been high m9 and I don't read scaremongering. I do know that every "stoner" I have known or seen is a smelly, minky jakeball and a total loser.

Arse. Bet you also know or have known folk you haven’t even realised smoke weed.

5 hours ago, johnnydun said:

If you feel that strongly about alcohol, why don't you call for it to be illegal? No instead you call for something else to be legalised because something currently legal is worse?

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Buses are for jakeballs.

why would I call for alcohol to be made illegal when the majority of adults can have a drink and a laugh with no problems. I just think that weed is no more harmful than alcohol and is a far lesser burden on society than drink. Calling for a ban on alcohol in Scotland is like calling for a ban on guns in texas or calling for a ban on sectarian singing in Glasgow. 

you go to your gp with pain and they will prescribe you something far more addicting and dangerous than weed

As I said thankfully attitudes are changing and I know a number of people who would drop alcohol in a heartbeat if weed became legal. Medicinally it would give pain patients the option to use weed instead of opiates which are highly addicitive and can cause horrible withdrawals even on recommended dosages.

On 24/08/2019 at 09:18, johnnydun said:

Buses are for jakeballs.

^^^Lost the argument.

Don't smoke dope (or very rarely) but the smell of patchouli oil is far worse.

Edited by welshbairn

And at the same time bet you have known folk that are sober during the day. I don't see your point?

I might be misreading the tone of your posts, but despite how you’ve referred to stoners you’ve ‘known’ or ‘seen’, it’s coming across like you’re trying to paint all stoners as total losers and stinking minks.....Which I’d agree with but only if referring to the types who sit on their arse not working and smoking it all day.

Not everyone who smokes weed fall into this category though.

27 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

I might be misreading the tone of your posts, but despite how you’ve referred to stoners you’ve ‘known’ or ‘seen’, it’s coming across like you’re trying to paint all stoners as total losers and stinking minks.....Which I’d agree with but only if referring to the types who sit on their arse not working and smoking it all day.

the guy has issues simple as that

9 hours ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

Medicinally it would give pain patients the option to use weed instead of opiates which are highly addicitive and can cause horrible withdrawals even on recommended dosages

I don't disagree for using it for medical purposes, I am all for that.

54 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

It does for the ones I have known and that is all I can go on.

But what pisses me off about it is that the only reason some folk can come up with to legalise it, is that is not as harmful as drink. Its all to do with suiting folks agendas, for instance The Rangers want the rules to change so they can sing their songs, dope smokers want the rules to change so they can get stoned without any repercussions.

32 minutes ago, engelbert_humperdink said:

the guy has issues simple as that

If you need to smoke dope, you have issues. 

• 5 months later...
On 24/08/2019 at 23:54, johnnydun said:

I don't disagree for using it for medical purposes, I am all for that.

It does for the ones I have known and that is all I can go on.

But what pisses me off about it is that the only reason some folk can come up with to legalise it, is that is not as harmful as drink. Its all to do with suiting folks agendas, for instance The Rangers want the rules to change so they can sing their songs, dope smokers want the rules to change so they can get stoned without any repercussions.

If you need to smoke dope, you have issues. 

Well, you could do some actual research on the subject rather than some anecdotal "the ones I have known smell bad" pish.  I can counter that by saying the ones I know aren't smelly and thus deeming your argument the nonsense that it is.

That's not the only reason people want it legal, but what exactly is your problem with it? What pisses you off about stoners not wanting fined or imprisoned for doing something less harmful than consuming alcohol, and something that has literally no discernible affect on your life? 

Sounds like you've got a massive chip on your shoulder.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I can counter that by saying the ones I know aren't smelly

That is because you reek yourself.

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Sounds like you've got a massive chip on your shoulder.

Not at all. 

Not only is it for wasters, there's harmful effects of smoking weed, mental and physical. There's no benefit to smoking it recreationally whatsoever.

Edited by johnnydun