Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wasn't really angling for binging on weed, more like possible other regulated drugs like ecstasy and the like. I know weed usually isn't that harmful.

It depends how you define binging and it'll be hard to describe if you have never done them.

You would take a half, take another half if you felt you needed it, then another and so on. It's not hard to realise when you are flying and when you are you just enjoy it. You don't need more and more and there will come a point where you don't want anymore.

You'd have to be a moron to go into a club and drop 4 ten pound pills immediately. The same way you'd have to be a moron to drink a night's worth of booze in half an hour.

It is possible to smoke too much weed and feel a bit sick but when that happens the last thing you want to do is smoke more. Same way if you've just spewed your ringer after a day on the sauce you're not going to want to go to the bar and down a pint of cider with a double rum chaser immediately after you've wiped the sick off your chin.

In short hundreds of thousands of people use recreational drugs every weekend, don't punish them for enjoying themselves in a different way than you do, it causes you no harm and there is a very strong arguement to be made that town centres full of people baked and pilled is a much better outcome for society than people pissed, being dicks and fighting.

Disclaimer: this knowledge can be acquired without actually being a user of said substances.

You can't really binge on weed, can you? I mean, you end up just falling asleep voluntarily at a certain point. You can obviously take it continuously for a few days but it's not harmful.

No you can't binge on weed. If its of any sort of quality after a couple j's your not going get any higher so your only smoking for the same of it. Anyone that smokes to the state of spewing on weed is not doing it properly. For instance you can't smoke an oz of weed in one sitting, you'd fall asleep. You could have an oz of Charlie in one sitting. I've been to Amsterdam well over 20 times and it still makes me laugh at guys ho think they can just smoke constantly and have a good time. Don't happen I'm afraid

Its shit anyway, i never got into it i had friends who did it and it was one of those things i always wanted to give a blast to but when ever i did it was just one big let down. Also i had tried coke and pills before i tried that so the two of us were never going to get along

People enjoy different things. Weed (or any other recreational drug) isn't for everyone the same way booze isn't for everyone.

I don't like blue cheese or cucumbers for example. You would think I was an idiot if I proposed a ban on blue cheese/cucumbers based around my personal dislike of them.

Hmm I dunno...

Binged on weed all day for several days in Amsterdam. It's brilliant for ages, then you start feeling rough, but you carry on, then eventually you want to puke. You decide you need fresh air cos it'll make you feel better. Once outside and the fresh air hits you feel totally fucked, crappy and need to sleep. So you call it a night and shuffle your way home to bed, possibly stopping to throw up on the way. Then you get up the next day and do it all again.

Much like drink really. Get weed fucking legalized.

I don't really know what you're trying to argue. You don't need to do it; it's not addictive and it's your choice whether to binge or not. If you have so much you puke you're really doing it wrong. I've left the house really high before but I've never felt incredibly sick. I don't feel 'totally fucked', but high and it's just strange being vertical. I actually really like being stoned and outside. I appreciate everything. It's nice.

I don't think I could put up with having to roll a joint; I don't have the patience to perfect the art.

I don't smoke joints unless someone offers me it or when I was in Amsterdam. I feel using a pipe is better. I have a basic one just now but I'm going to buy this when I nect get paid.

hpg_elephant_1.gif

Edited by Smurph

People enjoy different things. Weed (or any other recreational drug) isn't for everyone the same way booze isn't for everyone.

I don't like blue cheese or cucumbers for example. You would think I was an idiot if I proposed a ban on blue cheese/cucumbers based around my personal dislike of them.

I suppose so, probably because i don't like the people who i know who smoke it regularly and didnt like the feel i got off it when i did it. I prefer a reaction off something that gives a buzz and weed just made me feel un easy and tired. So i suppose its a lot easier for me to say i don't want it legalised but each to their own!

I suppose so, probably because i don't like the people who i know who smoke it regularly and didnt like the feel i got off it when i did it. I prefer a reaction off something that gives a buzz and weed just made me feel un easy and tired. So i suppose its a lot easier for me to say i don't want it legalised but each to their own!

Not liking weed is perfectly normal and it obviously does make it easier to say you don't want it legalised but you must see that isn't a valid reason for keeping it illegal?

I don't like reality TV and think people that do are vapid imbeciles. But that's no reason to ban it, if some people get a kick out of it and it keeps then happy so be it. It doesn't effect my life, I'll watch something else. Same way you can get your buzz off booze rather than cannabis.

Do you have any other reasons for opposing legalisation?

Not liking weed is perfectly normal and it obviously does make it easier to say you don't want it legalised but you must see that isn't a valid reason for keeping it illegal?

I don't like reality TV and think people that do are vapid imbeciles. But that's no reason to ban it, if some people get a kick out of it and it keeps then happy so be it. It doesn't effect my life, I'll watch something else. Same way you can get your buzz off booze rather than cannabis.

Do you have any other reasons for opposing legalisation?

I don't have a particularly strong opposition to it i just don't think its a very good idea as making it legal will encourage the younger and more naive among us to start smoking it willy nilly resulting in wave after wave of space cadet youths who could be making better use of their time and money.

Also it will act as a gateway to other drugs so theres that idea as well

Now i don't want to be hit with the argument of booze being just as harmful yet theres no call for it to be made illegal, it has no bearing for the discussion at hand here. Nor do i want a back lash to my views - as i said I'm not strongly against the idea of it being made legal thats just my take on what would happen

Your arguments could so easily be torn apart but I really can't be bothered with that,you really aren't worth it.

I was trying to be as diligent as possible i really don't know why you would say something so nasty to such an inoffensive and innocent popular opinion on the matter

I don't have a particularly strong opposition to it i just don't think its a very good idea as making it legal will encourage the younger and more naive among us to start smoking it willy nilly resulting in wave after wave of space cadet youths who could be making better use of their time and money.

Now i don't want to be hit with the argument of booze being just as harmful yet theres no call for it to be made illegal, it has no bearing for the discussion at hand here. Nor do i want a back lash to my views - as i said I'm not strongly against the idea of it being made legal thats just my take on what would happen

If you read the start of this thread all of the points you put forward do not hold up to any scrutiny.

Particularly the gateway drug idea which is the most common myth perpetuated by liars and people who simply don't know enough about it. I'll put you in the second camp.

So yeah, the first cannabis death ever reported last week was utter bullshit. 1-0 to the drinks lobby, the bullshit headline and half page scare story will perpetuate the myth a little longer.

http://m.vice.com/en_uk/read/nope-still-no-such-thing-as-a-fatal-marijuana-overdose?utm_source=vicefbuk

If you read the start of this thread all of the points you put forward do not hold up to any scrutiny.

Particularly the gateway drug idea which is the most common myth perpetuated by liars and people who simply don't know enough about it. I'll put you in the second camp.

Thing is i have done shit load of drugs, and at no point did i want it to be made legal so i don't see why it should be at this point now i hardly ever do anything.

Is the main advantage of it being legal the money we will make taxing it?

Thing is i have done shit load of drugs, and at no point did i want it to be made legal so i don't see why it should be at this point now i hardly ever do anything.

Saving lives.

I'm now going to stop reading your posts in this thread as they're now all invalid.

Pretty sure throbber's been a, er, throbber on many other topics. I don't think anyone takes his posts seriously.

I'm now going to stop reading your posts in this thread as they're now all invalid.

Pretty sure throbber's been a, er, throbber on many other topics. I don't think anyone takes his posts seriously.

Absolutely heart broken by this

Last chance saloon.

That time you were chilling with a mate and smoked a spliff while watching a film, did you think you deserved a fine/custodial sentence as well as a criminal record?

Yes or No.

Holy f**k! :lol: Can't you read and understand the previous post and why I laughed at you?? :o

There's even two quotes from yourself to help you understand your own hypocritical, keyboard battering stupidity! :lol:

Er, there is no hypocrisy you raving loon...

I wasn't really angling for binging on weed, more like possible other regulated drugs like ecstasy and the like. I know weed usually isn't that harmful.

If drugs were legalised they would be sold in safe quantities. This would significantly reduce the chances of binging or overdosing.

1) If young people think things that are legal should be taken in enormous quantities, that is a problem with the education system, and does not mean we should imprison drug users.

2) That idea is wrong, it's only a "gateway" to illegal drugs because it is already illegal. The logic behind this argument would mean that calpol, caffeine and alcohol were gateway drugs.

3) What is your take on what will happen? Far less people will die and we will stop imprisoning people for the crime of voluntary consumption?

I was trying to be as diligent as possible i really don't know why you would say something so nasty to such an inoffensive and innocent popular opinion on the matter

The war on drugs is not a popular policy, at all. Finding enthusiastic proponents of it is incredibly difficult.