Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's an ever interesting proposition, the governments drug experts (nameless, of course) suggest that because a drug is harmful increasing the length of the prison sentence served by users will, um, definitely help. Because then they will go to prisons where they have ready access to drugs, and nothing to do with their time. Oh and it will ruin their life and future employment prospects. We're doing it all for their health of course!

I watched that Stacey Dooley documentary on drugs recently, och she was an idiot, but anyway it featured a young guy who took excessive amounts of ketamine and had to have his bladder removed. I don't know if anyone ever tells kids this, but if you take anything excessively you will be harmed. And if you're out on ketamine every night then of course it's going to affect you, it would severely affect my health if I was out drinking excessively every day.

I agree with you, but this BBC article does name some of the "experts".

Ketamine up to class B, 9 people died from it in the UK last year.

How many dead from tobacco and alcohol?

Good to see the government will accept this scientific recommendation now that it suits them. Of course the drugs advisory council are completely impartial and don't have the fear of being sacked for putting forward scientific evidence showing any drugs should be reclassified down or legal. No way would that happen. Nutt.

Government =good

Freedom to choose = bad

And remember, they are always doing it for you own good. And they in no way spend a lot of time "educating" our kids about things too. A whole generation of snivelling little c***s toeing the state line and not realising it.

^^^

Drunken rambling.

Erm, what? Think you're a bit out of your league here tbh.

I agree with you, but this BBC article does name some of the "experts".

It names one expert in agreement, the guy who actually made the suggestion, whilst the two others named disagree with it...

Having looked at the one guy who supports it he has previously said this:

"By the end of the 20th Century we have reached an interesting stage in the cannabis debate in the Western world. We must soon decide whether to reintroduce it into our medical cabinets and whether to accept, albeit grudgingly, that the recreation use of cannabis has become part of our culture."

and this:

He was a member of the committee when it recommended downgrading cannabis from class B to class C in 2004.

Vehement proponent of the War on Drugs he ain't.

What has to happen for the UK to decriminalize weed? How did it happen in say Colorado?

What about if someone got done for possession and through the courts challenged the decision on medical grounds and the judiciary found in their favour effectively forcing a change in the law.

What has to happen for the UK to decriminalize weed? How did it happen in say Colorado?

What about if someone got done for possession and through the courts challenged the decision on medical grounds and the judiciary found in their favour effectively forcing a change in the law.

Maybe just politicians to stop being utter c***s in trying to control people's behaviour

It's an ever interesting proposition, the governments drug experts (nameless, of course) suggest that because a drug is harmful increasing the length of the prison sentence served by users will, um, definitely help. Because then they will go to prisons where they have ready access to drugs, and nothing to do with their time. Oh and it will ruin their life and future employment prospects. We're doing it all for their health of course!

I watched that Stacey Dooley documentary on drugs recently, och she was an idiot, but anyway it featured a young guy who took excessive amounts of ketamine and had to have his bladder removed. I don't know if anyone ever tells kids this, but if you take anything excessively you will be harmed. And if you're out on ketamine every night then of course it's going to affect you, it would severely affect my health if I was out drinking excessively every day.

That pisses me off. If I ate 10 Mars bars a day, I'd need my teeth removed. Should we ban them?

Uruguay have legalised the growing, selling and smoking or marijuana.

Uruguay have it right, small country doing well and not afraid to do what they want.

I've never been to Uruguay because when I was supposed to they closed the border with Argentina to get it up them about some paper mill polluting their river upstream.

I've liked it ever since.

I don't touch the stuff myself but if someone wants to smoke it in their own home then bash on. If we can smoke, drink and gamble what harm will hash do?

If there is tight regulations and it was taxed as much as fags then no one can moan really.

In the grand scheme of things, it is no worse than already available and taxable intoxicant's,

Of course you'll have people that kick the hole out of it and turn into lazy arsed stoners just the same as you have jakey's who kick the c**t out of bevvy, and just the same as with bevvy, you'll have folk whose inbuilt biology won't tolerate it and it'll send them off their nut,

but as mentioned, everything in moderation, and it's fine,

I honestly hope to see the law changed in the near future but i won't be putting my house on it happening, which is a shame as it's nice to just get smashed now and again without the fear of plod banging you up for it!!

Edited by 1888bhoy67