Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's not for now, but I can see them eventually moving to a local licensing system in England (as in the US). However I can't ever see it being legal in Scotland - especially not if independence happens.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-legalisation btw.

Do you think you've a better chance og getting it decriminalised via westminster than Edinburgh? Why? Don't give us rubbish about calvinism. Just facts not assertions please.

Incase folk like more information about the current state of play regarding the legalisation campaign try this http://www.clear-uk.org

Edited by Heidthebaw

Just legalize it and get on with life, it doesnt need to be a free for all,

Available from license traders like alcohol,

To over 18s only like alcohol

Consume on the premisis or take it home, no smoking a joint while walking down the high (no pun intended) street etc

No driving under the influence.

simples

Jesus f**k.

What?

Tell me, exactly, why crystal meth should be illegal?

Don't scimp on the details now, I want this to be quick and comprehensive.

What?

Tell me, exactly, why crystal meth should be illegal?

Don't scimp on the details now, I want this to be quick and comprehensive.

You're trolling, right?

If you really need this explained to you then you are a lost cause.

Is there much of a problem with it in the uk anyway?

Nope.

You're trolling, right?

If you really need this explained to you then you are a lost cause.

A lost cause? Bitch please. There is absolutely no viable argument in favour of the war on drugs approach to Crystal Meth. Now please provide one reason why it shouldn't be legalised. Go on, we're all waiting.

This takes me back. I remember when this was a semi-permanent argument on here. Circa 2010-11?

I wonder what happened to those supporting the war on drugs? They're all pushing up daisies.

Not dead, just in really shitty jobs.

Do you think you've a better chance og getting it decriminalised via westminster than Edinburgh? Why? Don't give us rubbish about calvinism. Just facts not assertions please.

Incase folk like more information about the current state of play regarding the legalisation campaign try this http://www.clear-uk.org

Whit? Open your eyes - who in the UK led with banning smoking, minimum pricing on alcohol, plain packaging on cigarettes, drinking in public (and at games)? These are existing, legal drugs which already bring in huge amounts in tax revenues and exports but they have been relentlessly attacked by Holyrood. Why on earth do you think the Scots are more likely to then decriminalise another drug? The English and specifically Londoners have a far more laissez-faire approach to cannabis and I certainly don't think it unlikely that some areas of London will have decriminalised cannabis sooner rather than later.

A lost cause? Bitch please. There is absolutely no viable argument in favour of the war on drugs approach to Crystal Meth. Now please provide one reason why it shouldn't be legalised. Go on, we're all waiting.

"...we're all..."?

This is what happens when you take crystal meth, you develop symptoms of multiple personality disorder. Just one of the reasons why it shouldn't be legalised.

Just say no, Supras.

"...we're all..."?

This is what happens when you take crystal meth, you develop symptoms of multiple personality disorder. Just one of the reasons why it shouldn't be legalised.

Just say no, Supras.

It means we are all and it refers to everyone on this thread.

But why am I getting drawn on this? I have never taken Crystal meth, nor do I have any desire to do so.

Now, please provide a reason why crystal meth should remain within the auspices of the war on drugs and not be legalised? Your lack of response to this question implies I have crushed you already, which is record speed for me.

Chronic use of weed can cause issues.

Saying that though its a farce that drink is legal when you see the damage it does every weekend.

Please just fucking legalise it so Supras can actually have a smoke. He's absolutely desperate to try it.

Consumption has nothing to do with the legalisation campaign.

It never has.

And f**k me, that Dundee fan was easy.

Why penalise at all tho? i start work at 6 am, if i want to have a drink at night i might still be over the limit in the morning, even if im carefull i'll still be up for my 3-4 middle of the night pishes.

on the other hand i can have a joint and be off to bed for a full nights kip at 10 o clock and fresh as you like in the morning. one is legal the other isnt???

I know some people will just sit baked out there box all day and amount to the sum total of f**k all in life but they do that any way and some do it with alcohol.

It would just make too much sense to legalise it

I used to be into it years ago, but I've retired from it now. I think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks (pun intended).

But I do have a question... legalise weed... what about harder drugs like Crystal Meth and PCP?

And if you let them go "legal", how about cyanide pills?

Crystal meth should of course be legalised,

As for cyanide pills? Um, no? If people want to use recreational drug use they should absolutely be permitted to do so in controlled circumstances. But legalising the purchase of cyanide pills which are solely used to poison people? That would be idiotic, there are plenty of other substances you can use if you want to poison somebody.

Crystal meth should of course be legalised,

As for cyanide pills? Um, no? If people want to use recreational drug use they should absolutely be permitted to do so in controlled circumstances. But legalising the purchase of cyanide pills which are solely used to poison people? That would be idiotic, there are plenty of other substances you can use if you want to poison somebody.

But then couldn't there be drugs that could be used to spike people's drinks more readily available? Much like rohypnol(spelling?)

I've been spiked with ecstasy twice in my life and it is not a pleasant experience, especially when I'm already on mood uppers and downers for my bipolar disorder. My medication has an effect on my kidneys and as you know ecstasy reeks havoc with your waterworks and I could have nearly died if it weren't for my mates being there for me.

I'm not against legalisation but there has to be some consideration. Weed should definitely be legalised, there is no argument against it. Ecstasy and other hard drugs.. I don't think it's an easy one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

But then couldn't there be drugs that could be used to spike people's drinks more readily available? Much like rohypnol(spelling?)

I've been spiked with ecstasy twice in my life and it is not a pleasant experience, especially when I'm already on mood uppers and downers for my bipolar disorder. My medication has an effect on my kidneys and as you know ecstasy reeks havoc with your waterworks and I could have nearly died if it weren't for my mates being there for me.

I'm not against legalisation but there has to be some consideration. Weed should definitely be legalised, there is no argument against it. Ecstasy and other hard drugs.. I don't think it's an easy one.

Is rohypnol currently illegal? I don't really know, so can't answer. But it's hardly a justification to criminalise it, either way. I don't even know if rohypnol is used for anything else, but the spiking is what should be illegal, not necessarily the drug.

So, you have a bad experience with being spiked by ecstasy - a currently illegal drug - and think there "has to be some consideration" of legalisation? Hmm, okay.

Were ecstasy to be legal it would be controlled and monitored like any other drug. It absolutely can be administered and consumed safely. Users would also know exactly what products they are buying. Would it stop other people being spiked with ecstasy? Possibly, depending on the nature of controls, but that's hardly the intention.

The running argument that is oft presented is "X had a bad experience with illegal drugs therefore we need the war on drugs" has never flied, frankly, these bad experiences can absolutely be minimised by legalisation and control. It is an easy case to legalise supposedly "harder drugs" arguably an even better case than marijuana. It's disgraceful the harm heroin causes given it is a drug that could, quite easily, be consumed with significantly less negative side effects. The most harmful drugs are the ones that need legalised most, if we are considering harm reduction.

Is rohypnol currently illegal? I don't really know, so can't answer. But it's hardly a justification to criminalise it, either way. I don't even know if rohypnol is used for anything else, but the spiking is what should be illegal, not necessarily the drug.

So, you have a bad experience with being spiked by ecstasy - a currently illegal drug - and think there "has to be some consideration" of legalisation? Hmm, okay.

Were ecstasy to be legal it would be controlled and monitored like any other drug. It absolutely can be administered and consumed safely. Users would also know exactly what products they are buying. Would it stop other people being spiked with ecstasy? Possibly, depending on the nature of controls, but that's hardly the intention.

The running argument that is oft presented is "X had a bad experience with illegal drugs therefore we need the war on drugs" has never flied, frankly, these bad experiences can absolutely be minimised by legalisation and control. It is an easy case to legalise supposedly "harder drugs" arguably an even better case than marijuana. It's disgraceful the harm heroin causes given it is a drug that could, quite easily, be consumed with significantly less negative side effects. The most harmful drugs are the ones that need legalised most, if we are considering harm reduction.

Well of course personally I'd be hesitant to legalise ecstasy, however I'm not an individual case, and there will be plenty of other people who have been spiked by other drugs other than ecstasy and this includes a high number of rape victims who would find it quite scary that the drugs that people use to take advantage of people are a lot more readily available and potentially more potent due to purification that would follow legalisation.

It's just an opinion though, and clearly it's biased but to dismiss the arguments against hard drugs as negligible is a bit careless.

Well of course personally I'd be hesitant to legalise ecstasy, however I'm not an individual case, and there will be plenty of other people who have been spiked by other drugs other than ecstasy and this includes a high number of rape victims who would find it quite scary that the drugs that people use to take advantage of people are a lot more readily available and potentially more potent due to purification that would follow legalisation.

It's just an opinion though, and clearly it's biased but to dismiss the arguments against hard drugs as negligible is a bit careless.

How are these arguments against legalising hard drugs? Ecstasy could quite easily be consumed under supervised conditions and not used to spike anyone. As could other drugs.

That said, the people being spiked by currently illegal drugs being against drug legalisation? What a bizarre position to take up. What happened to these people was illegal, it would remain illegal, the only difference is that the overwhelming majority of people who want to take these drugs legally - and not spike anyone - are no longer committing a crime because of voluntary consumption.

What you are arguing is tantamount to making hammers illegal because sometimes people are attacked with them and sometimes people are threatened and possibly raped by someone with a hammer. It doesn't stack up logically. If someone is intent on spiking someone (and potentially raping them) they are not being stopped because ecstasy is illegal, are you seriously suggesting they are? People with that mindset would, easily, get a hold of these drugs and commit their (significantly more serious crimes) regardless of legal status. The war on drugs doesn't deter them at all, it just unnecessarily criminalises a large section of society and forces them to take significant risks with untested and unsafe products.

There is another drug that people use to take advantage of people, hugely popular, and it's known as alcohol.