Should Weed Be Legal?

Should weed in the UK be...  

572 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I find it strange this topic is so rarely on the political agenda in the UK and that there is no party openly in favour of it, seems bizarre to be less liberal than the USA on anything but we are when it comes to this. There isn't even a high profile pressure group I am aware of in the UK (when I say high profile I mean well known, like the CND for example).

What do people think?

Seems like an odd thing for the government/police to bother about and waste any resource on in my opinion. Logically legalising is surely a better option as then you cut down all the police/court resource, you take out the organised crime element and you get to tax and regulate it so you actually get money in rather than it going out.

This seems to be one of them topics which whenever it comes up, politicians seem to go into some sort of "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!" panic mode rather than actually think it through.

It's political suicide for a politician to endorse legalisation. Sad really as its such a simple issue. Of course it should be legal

But it shouldn't be though because the arguements in favour seem overwhelming.

Should be legal. Alot of the public would go mental if it was legalised though.

Why?

It should be legal but the public would lose it. As domdom says it be all THINK OF THE CHILDREN and all that crap. If some junkie wants to get high on it then they should be allowed. Its their choice what they want to do with their life

There is no doubt, and absolutely no legitimate argument, against any existing drug being illegal. Certainly not one as benign as marijuana. It's a failure of our political system that's its not legal, and a failure of society, really.

Our prime minister admits to consuming it, yet passes laws putting those who possess cannabis in prison for up to 5 years...

There is no doubt, and absolutely no legitimate argument, against any existing drug being illegal. Certainly not one as benign as marijuana. It's a failure of our political system that's its not legal, and a failure of society, really.

Our prime minister admits to consuming it, yet passes laws putting those who possess cannabis in prison for up to 5 years...

Don't you know, what he smoked was the harmless type, now everyone smokes a highly dangerous strain, touch it and you get instant psychophrenia. Edited by parsforlife

Weed's shit. I'm not surprised people move onto the better variety of narcotic, further up the chain. The class system used for drugs is directly proportional, as to how good it is.

Edited by MONKMAN