Commonwealth Games 2014

mrcat1990

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planning on Rugby 7s and Boxing.

This question has probably been asked many times elsewhere but it's totally passed me by, is the start of the football season going to be delayed until the games are done?

Also applied for Rugby and Boxing.

Wouldn't think the Games would affect the start of the season at all.

Just applied for £1370 worth of tickets (x2 tickets for each event). Gone for something every day and sports include swimming, athletics, boxing, cycling and hockey.

Quite a lot of them are the 'premium' medal events, so I don't expect to get all that many.

Just applied for £1370 worth of tickets (x2 tickets for each event). Gone for something every day and sports include swimming, athletics, boxing, cycling and hockey.

Quite a lot of them are the 'premium' medal events, so I don't expect to get all that many.

Good luck!!!

Anyone know when the beach volleyball (male) tickets go on sale?

Already sold out. I got courtside seats. :thumsup2

Anyway, applied for about a dozen sessions over the course of the Games so hopefully I get most, if not all, of them.

Will acohol be sold at any of the venues? Had a quick Google but never found the answer

I'm hoping to act like an irresponsible drunken loon at the lawn bowls or something polite like that.

Would imagine in general weekend tickets will be more keenly sought after, so I'll weigh up what I actually want to see (boxing, track and field) with what's got a decent chance of being available. Rugby 7s should be OK given it's at Ibrox, I'd just assumed it would be at Scotstoun.

Anyone applied for the opening ceremony?

alcohol to be sold as per individual venues licences. so certainly the stuff at the secc and emirates arena etc will be fine, not sure if they'll get anything in place for the other venues.

Hampden has sold alcohol at events before, namely NFL Europe games, so it should be ok too.

Squash is on every single day of the games at Scotstoun. I have tried for tickets for the mens quarters, semis, and final. No idea If Ill get them but I went for the best seats available. I hope I can get something anyway. :)

Squash is on every single day of the games at Scotstoun. I have tried for tickets for the mens quarters, semis, and final. No idea If Ill get them but I went for the best seats available. I hope I can get something anyway. :)

I hope you at least get a semi.

• 3 weeks later...

I've gone for athletics, gone for the one with Steeplechase and Pole Vault, will he won't he Usain Bolt can do one, these are much more fun than 10 seconds.

Not gone in for anything else, wouldn't have minded seeing some boxing in the Hyrdo but it's pricey, weightlifting I'd have gone along to for the lulz but not for any more than £15. I hate to tell everyone but Rugby 7's is shite.

Anyone heard back about their application yet? Considering they may take payment this weekend be nice to know now if I've had any success.

They're informing successful applicants next week then taking the payment shortly after. Bit annoying as it's a little short notice for those who might need to fund their account just for this.

Archived