Commonwealth Games 2014

mrcat1990

I'm really looking forward to this. Going to try and get tickets for Track Cycling, Athletics and Gymnastics. I'll hopfully be heading down to the Triathalon since it's just down the road from me.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holiday booked off work for the August 19th ticket rush. Hope it's piss easy to get to tickets but a few posts on this thread have got me thinking otherwise.

Holiday booked off work for the August 19th ticket rush. Hope it's piss easy to get to tickets but a few posts on this thread have got me thinking otherwise.

Shouldn't be a case of a ticket rush on the opening day of sales as it is with gigs etc. You can request tickets for the sessions you like for a month before the process closes, then they allocate on demand. Anything over-subscribed will go into a draw, so doesn't matter when you go through the process. Waste of a day off!

There will be plenty of people talking the Commonwealth games down, but I think it will bring a real excitement to the city. It's the biggest even Glasgow is ever likely to host.

I'll be chasing tickets for the even(t) too, but do you really think it's bigger than a Champion's League Final?

Would love athletics, boxing and rugby tickets, but will also try to get Mrs AFJ tickets for the gymnastics, and pay her sister to go with her.

There'll be the usual smatterring of performers in the athletics, swimming and cycling no doubt. A huge portion of our medals in Delhi came in shooting.

I'm afraid I know little of lawn bowls but if it's powerbase is similar to the indoor variety we should have some chances there.

They say that the home nation always does disproportionately well in Boxing so maybe that'll deliver some host medals too.

Do we still have anyone half alright at badminton?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just had a wee gander on the website and there's an hour's queue at the moment - what's the rush when applications are open until next month?!

I went on at 9 on the dot - already saying over an hour, and in 35 minutes my wheel hasn't even moved a quarter of the way round. Is it a good sign of high demand? Or a crap ticketing system?

ETA: Got through, and the system is similar to London 2012. Pick by sport or by date, add to your basket, and enter your card details at the end. Ballot after closing date for oversubscribed, and they offer the chance to downgrade automatically if your chosen tickets are oversubscribed.

Planning on Rugby 7s and Boxing.

This question has probably been asked many times elsewhere but it's totally passed me by, is the start of the football season going to be delayed until the games are done?

Archived