Commonwealth Games 2014

mrcat1990

So with the tickets going on sale from August 19th I thought we could get the ball rolling on here. Tickets I believe from £15 bucks upwards. What events you all looking to go to? I intend to watch sweaty men roll around with each other so wrestling tickets are top of the list, followed by boxing and any track and field if possible.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be hoping to get tickets for athletics, boxing, cycling, triathlon, swimming and hockey.

I'm off on holiday for all of it and so hope to get to something most days.

I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be hoping to get tickets for athletics, boxing, cycling, triathlon, swimming and hockey.

I'm off on holiday for all of it and so hope to get to something most days.

Nice to have something different in Glasgow. Forgot about Hockey. Only ever watched bits and bobs of it but looks good to see live.

There will be plenty of people talking the Commonwealth games down, but I think it will bring a real excitement to the city. It's the biggest even Glasgow is ever likely to host.

Of the sports I mentioned, I don't watch any of them regularly but just want to get out and about to visit the different venues and feel part of the occasion.

Planning on applying for a lot of events. The diving is being held literally across the road from my flat in Edinburgh and the shooting very near my house in Dundee so it would be good to experience them to see something new in the locality. Rugby sevens, track cycling and an athletics session are the others that I really fancy.

Was going to try to volunteer but the application deadline clashed with a uni project so I didn't find the time.

I'm certainly hoping to get some tickets but, as with the Olympics, will have to do some research and plan a strategy. While demand will be lower than that for London 2012, it'll still be significant, and with many venues having much smaller capacities than London's equivalents that'll increase the difficulty.

EDIT: I'd quite like to see Lawn Bowls...?!?!

Yeh, it was one of Delhi's "picks" but not Glasgow. Am I right that with Hoy retiring, only 1 Scot who medalled at London (swimmer bloke) will actually be at Glasgow? Since there's no tennis, canoe-kayak, equestrianism, rowing, sailing etc. etc.

Yeh, it was one of Delhi's "picks" but not Glasgow. Am I right that with Hoy retiring, only 1 Scot who medalled at London (swimmer bloke) will actually be at Glasgow? Since there's no tennis, canoe-kayak, equestrianism, rowing, sailing etc. etc.

Emily Maguire won bronze in the hockey, and she'll probably be there. Laura Bartlett has retired though.

Archived