Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always think it's ultimate bit of damning with faint praise that one. "Good Shot Stopper" = "Shites himself with cross balls and can't kick" :)

This is correct, in the same way that woman described as 'bubbly' are fat, 'good shot stoppers' are vampires.

Can't say I'll be too fussed if we don't get Samson, I'd have been content with him but was far from convinced. If Killie want to try and outbid us that's fine by me, I'm sure we won't be held to ransom by Craig Samson.

That Alex Cisak from Oldham that we were meant to be having a look at sounded more like one of our sort of recent signings to me, promising Australian youth International who seems to be in and out of a League 1 team much like Randolph was. Not saying he'll be anywhere near as good like but I suppose I'd rather we took a gamble on someone like him to compete with Hollis than Samson if I'm honest.

Where are Killie getting this money from? For any team to be able to sign 2 1st choice goalkeepers from other SPL clubs is a bit mental..

I guess Killie's budget is very similar to ours - so they must be prioritising keepers for whatever reason. It doesn't often happen (has it ever?) that a non-OF club buys up two first choice keepers from other SPL clubs. Given Killie's highly mediocre season by their standards, I wonder if their support is happy at signing two keepers in this way when I'd imagine that there are other areas of the team that need a bit of work.

It will be interesting to see who our 2nd choice is...

A bit disappointed and bemused that Samson would choose (no disrespect) Killie over us, but that Oldham boy has international pedigree and hopefully sell on value that a 30 year old wouldnt. Any ideas who we might be lining up as potential replacements for Higgy?Theyre obviously different styles of play but Rowan Vine looks good and could play in either Humphrey and/or Higdons posistions.

No other average SPL players plz. Like, vine is okay, but nah. Higdon was great, Clancy okay, but our strike rate from players down south is far, far higher. Either that or younger guys from below SPL level.

Archived