Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello. I've been writing previews for each Premiership team for this season and I have just finished my Motherwell one. It would be great if a few of you could give it a read and maybe give any feedback/criticisms if you feel it is warranted!

Thanks in advance!

Link

A good well balanced report. In terms of what we need you can add a mobile central defender. Young player to watch out for - the talented midfielder Dom Thomas. Stuart Carswell is more of an honest hard working journeyman.

A good well balanced report. In terms of what we need you can add a mobile central defender. Young player to watch out for - the talented midfielder Dom Thomas. Stuart Carswell is more of an honest hard working journeyman.

Carswell filled the gap left by Jennings and plays an essential role IMO. Leitch is showing a lot of potential in the central midfield role and Josh Law made a decent first impression. As the report says, a pacey striker to support Sutton is the priority.

Hello. I've been writing previews for each Premiership team for this season and I have just finished my Motherwell one. It would be great if a few of you could give it a read and maybe give any feedback/criticisms if you feel it is warranted!

Thanks in advance!

Link

Really good read. Concise and accurate. Well done.

We've got McFadden on trial ATM. He tore us apart at Firhill in the 5-1 last season which makes me think he'd be a great signing for us but I don't think he played like that many other games - am I right? Would he be a good signing for a team like Thistle?

May as well close this thread along with the Euro one.

Can't see anyone else coming in now that's there's no more money coming in.

We've got McFadden on trial ATM. He tore us apart at Firhill in the 5-1 last season which makes me think he'd be a great signing for us but I don't think he played like that many other games - am I right? Would he be a good signing for a team like Thistle?

I think he'd be a decent signing for most SPFL sides. He only really got one extended run without injuries but he dragged us through lots of games from Christmas to around April when he got injured again. As long as he doesn't break a wage structure then he's more than capable at this level.

In an ideal world mchugh and cummins move on either on loan or permanently and free up a wage. They both need 1st team football for their own sakes anyway

I'd try to move on Lawson or leitch on loan to the championship as we are well covered in central midfield.

That would allow us to bring in some more balance to the squad

In an ideal world mchugh and cummins move on either on loan or permanently and free up a wage. They both need 1st team football for their own sakes anyway

Cummins was posting on Twitter last night looking for a stream to the game so I assume he's not in the first team plans.

Cummins was posting on Twitter last night looking for a stream to the game so I assume he's not in the first team pHe was in JAck

He was in Jack Daniels last night. 'Injured' apparently

Anthony Dwyer of Notts County has posted on Twitter that he's signed for us. Nothing on Wiki about him but the Notts website describes him as "Quick, strong and aggressive, the attacker has an eye for goal and can also play on the right ".Sounds fairly promising.

Anthony Dwyer of Notts County has posted on Twitter that he's signed for us. Nothing on Wiki about him but the Notts website describes him as "Quick, strong and aggressive, the attacker has an eye for goal and can also play on the right ".Sounds fairly promising.

Youth team player. I'd be amazed if he was coming into the first team squad.

That seems to be the type of player we've been linked with this summer, loans from Championship/League 1.

He's a youth team player that's never been near a first team set up. If that's the kind of player we are going for we are really struggling.

Archived