Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be honest he's on a year contract from Alfreton Town, I doubt he's cost us anything significant and McCall has had a look at him a few times and must think there's something about him.

If he flops he'll be gone next summer, if he turns out to be anywhere near the player his brother was then he should do a decent job.

He's cheap, he's versatile and hopefully he can do us turn.

He's wee, he's braw he's Joshy Law..

Had a quick cope at an Alfreton Town forum and they seem to like him and wish him the best...

I presume he'll be on pennies, if he's pish, we won't have lost much, if he's as good as Nicky, we're sorted.

I'm not a Football Manager type who can rattle off formations - so I won't try. My guess is that Law is to increase the options that we have in midfield as Lasley, Carswell and Leitch are similar types of players and that meant that we had little option to change things last season (especially as Lawson, one of our main signings last year contributed very little) - our midfield was pretty one dimensional (although to be clear, I rate every one of Lasley, Carswell and Leitch individually)..

Would say we'd need another winger if Ainsworth fucks off but generally I agree, things are indeed shaping up quite nicely.

Right enough, I'd sort of forgotten he hadn't resigned.

Would anyone else be happy if we got O'Brien back?

Is O'Brien available?

I'd be delighted if we got him back. I'd assume he'd have been on a decent wage at Barnsley in the Championship though.

In saying that, when has signing ex-players ever worked for us...?

Archived