Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

First time id seen Dummett play properly and was impressed. By far the best Newcastle youngster of the night. Vuckic was decent too though and I thought Abeid played well when he came on. Sammy Ameobi needs ditched before we get stuck with him for a decade like his brother.

Hard to judge the Motherwell players with not knowing many of them and no names on shirts, but McFadden took his pen well. Decent game for a friendly I suppose.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's nothing compared to the breakdowns taking place on Steelmen. :lol:

I'm completely unfussed, really. Be absolutely delighted if he signs because he's brilliant, completely nonplussed if he doesn't, as I'd never expected him to in the first place. The fact that we're even this close to it is amazing to me.

Pretty much bang on the money Graeme.

I don't think anyone expected Faddy to be in our 13/14 side. The fact that he's a bawhair away is remarkable.

But aye, if it happens, superb. If not, we'll carry on regardless. We'll still have a decent side next season.

I'm completely unfussed, really. Be absolutely delighted if he signs because he's brilliant, completely nonplussed if he doesn't, as I'd never expected him to in the first place. The fact that we're even this close to it is amazing to me.

I've been trying to avoid Steelmen for that very reason. I was working on the assumption at the end of last season that the arrangement had worked really well for both parties and that Faddy would be off down south to a decent championship side (or at the outside, a gig on Celtic's bench sitting in the (smelly) seat vacated by Paddy McCourt). The very fact that he is still about is brilliant and reading between the lines, I still think he'll be signing for us barring a last minute bid from England. Given that he would arguably be the best player in the league outside of a Celtic jersey, I'm willing to wait it out :)

Had a look over there. That place hasn't changed one bit.

Surprised someone hasn't been banned for criticising the club or members of the forum cliques yet.

Spot on.

Nowadays, I just occasionally visit Steelmen Online for a wee read now and again - sometimes I look at the signings we've made this summer, get impressed and excited about the season ahead, and just feel I need to bring myself back down a peg or two with some ignorant, ill-informed and completely ridiculous viewpoints.

Careful lads - this sounds like a wee P&B clique ;)

I've never gone much for the 'Well forums even though I've been reading them since they were an email list - there are plenty of sensible folk on there of course - but with the others, it's like actively seeking out the types of spittle-flecked roaster that you have to suffer in the East Stand on a Saturday. Anyway - I prefer pointless on-line arguments with fans of other teams rather than my own :)

I've never really noticed Steelmen to be particularly cliquey, just that some of the posters are spectacularly wrong, very often, which gets little dull.

It's a bit of a shame, because it used to be pretty hilarious and I used to use it much more than on here, but the quality of poster (and moderation to an extent as well) has brought it right downhill.

I've never really noticed Steelmen to be particularly cliquey, just that some of the posters are spectacularly wrong, very often, which gets little dull.

It's a bit of a shame, because it used to be pretty hilarious and I used to use it much more than on here, but the quality of poster (and moderation to an extent as well) has brought it right downhill.

Can only echo your sentiments there Graeme, the rocket to sound punter ratio is off the scale over there these days.

It's like a car crash though, it's hard to tear yourself away from it once you've succumbed to its roaster-based charms. I rarely post on it now, not that I used to much in the past right enough.

The recent 'Faddy-gate'...Tuesday I think it was? Was hilarious...I doubt the nation's F5 keys have been hammered like that in a long time.

Although on the plus side it does now look like a done deal...maybe.

Isn't there still a closed down Wimpy in Brandon Parade in Motherwell? One that shut down in like the mid-90s and has never been replaced?

Motherwell town centre :(

Archived