Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

That was Artur Krysiak you're thinking of Busta. Nielsen was on loan for the first half of the season but didn't play, then went back to Blackburn. Krysiak came in from Birmingham and played the last game of the season.

Good call mate so it was

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am i right to say that Motherwell still don't know what's happening with Higdon, Hately and McFadden? What on earth is taking so long? We told Paul McGowan we weren't waiting for him for much longer 2 weeks ago, then he signed. Why are The Well and McCall happy to kick their heels why these three take their time? Surely its affecting the acquisition of potential replacements?

Don't disagree Lex. I have it on good authority that Higson is offski, but don't know why it has not come out in the public domain.

Been slowest summer for signings. Even when we only needed a few...

Don't disagree Lex.  I have it on good authority that Higson is offski, but don't know why it has not come out in the public domain.

Been slowest summer for signings.  Even when we only needed a few... 

Archibald is interested in Higdon. Not sure where the money is coming from...

The Express (usually quite good for Motherwell stuff) are reporting

• Goalkeeper Nielsen to sign 2 year deal
  • Steven McManus is wanted and is apparently good mates with McFadden
  • Hibs and Dundee Utd also interested in him
  • Higdons a goner

There's also a picture of McManus holding a sign saying "become a coach". Just in case you're interested in that kind of thing.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/410366/Motherwell-begin-talks-with-Hibernian-and-Dundee-United-target-Stephen-McManus

McManus and Hutchinson at the back would be alright. Ones a big lump who will clear his lines and Hutchinsons got a bit of pace. Makes me wonder why they bothered signing Ramsden though. Hes been useless every time I've seen him.

I'd be delighted if we could get McManus quite honestly - but although it's tempting to think of him as a good partner for Hutchy - my feeling is that he would be a replacement as we will no doubt try to cash in on him as he enters his final year....

Sutton I would be happy with as previously mentioned.

Neilsen, I don't know anything about him but it's only fair to expect that he'll be some way below the level of Randolph and Ruddy - although we are never going to replace that sort of quality.

Higgy would go with my best wishes - a move that's worked out well for both parties over the last couple of years.....

Ramsden was pretty poor initially, but he settled in and by the end of the season looked quite solid I thought - certainly no worse than Clancy was. The fact he can play in a few positions and will not be too expensive will be the reasons he's got his extension.

If as reported McCall is unaware of who is staying and wont know until he sees who turns up for pre season, it's a fucking disgrace.

It's easy to put the blame at the agents door, but ffs. Higdon, Hately and McFadden need to get their fingers out and decide. You're fucking us about know, don't let this drag on and ruin the good name you all have with the club. If you're going, go already and let us replace you.

If as reported McCall is unaware of who is staying and wont know until he sees who turns up for pre season, it's a fucking disgrace.

It's easy to put the blame at the agents door, but ffs. Higdon, Hately and McFadden need to get their fingers out and decide. You're fucking us about know, don't let this drag on and ruin the good name you all have with the club. If you're going, go already and let us replace you.

Amen.

The Express (usually quite good for Motherwell stuff) are reporting

• Goalkeeper Nielsen to sign 2 year deal
  • Steven McManus is wanted and is apparently good mates with McFadden
  • Hibs and Dundee Utd also interested in him
  • Higdons a goner

There's also a picture of McManus holding a sign saying "become a coach". Just in case you're interested in that kind of thing.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/410366/Motherwell-begin-talks-with-Hibernian-and-Dundee-United-target-Stephen-McManus

McManus and Hutchinson at the back would be alright. Ones a big lump who will clear his lines and Hutchinsons got a bit of pace. Makes me wonder why they bothered signing Ramsden though. Hes been useless every time I've seen him.

what? :blink: I'll agree he had some howlers when he first arrived and I thought he was fucking shit, but once he got a bit of consistency in his game he was an important part of our team which played extremely well for most of the second half of the season.

Well every time I saw him he was a bombscare.

Strange that I had to explain that but there we go.

I can't think of too many out and out howlers from him, although he was under-par in the early part of the season - any examples of bombscare-ness?

I only saw most games that were on ESPN (a 600 mile round trip negates the possibility of going to games) but I wasn't impressed with what I saw. Same with Kerr, he was slower than a week in the jail.

Archived