Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't see why people are being sniffy about Sutton. He's one of our best goalscorers of recent times with 12, 14 and 17 goals in his three seasons.

He scored 8 goals in 20 starts for Hearts last season which is a pretty decent ratio for a bottom six team.

Don't see why people are being sniffy about Sutton. He's one of our best goalscorers of recent times with 12, 14 and 17 goals in his three seasons.

He scored 8 goals in 20 starts for Hearts last season which is a pretty decent ratio for a bottom six team.

Let's be honest some Motherwell fans would be sniffy if we signed Wayne Rooney or Tevez or Aguero

Years

Team

Apps

(Gls)

–2004

Havnar Bóltfelag

(0)

2004–2007

Boldklubben Frem

(0)

Gøtu Ítróttarfelag (loan)

?

(?)

2007–2009

Blackburn Rovers

(0)

Motherwell (loan)

(0)

2009–2012

Manchester City

(0)

Wrexham (loan)

(0)

2010–2011

Tranmere Rovers (loan)

(0)

2013–

Silkeborg

(0)

Can anyone remember seeing him play for us, even in a friendly or something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rx1-qCzkkM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rx1-qCzkkM

All I can find. Not that you can tell a great deal, playing in goal for the Faroe Islands away to Germany you'd expect him to make a fair number of saves. Although he certainly does look more physically imposing than Hollis who makes me feel nervous every time a high ball is booted into the box. Like back to the Graeme Smith days.

To be honest we've been spoiled over the last four years by Randolph and Ruddy, if Gunnar Nielsen is anywhere near as good as either of those two we'll be doing well.

I feel a bit sorry for Hollis actually. I know he is not everyone's cup of tea and he is a bit on the short side, but he looks like a decent shot stopper from what I have seen of him. He did have a mare when he came on for Randolph at home to Ross County last season from what I recall, but would be happy to see him get a chance.

I remember we signed the Faroese goalkeeper, Jakup Mikkelsen, after a similarly inspiring international performance to the one Nielsen put in against Germany. He played a trial match against Bradford City and made a miraculous, point-blank save which pretty much earned him the contract over the other trialist keeper at the time, Roddy McKenzie. Unfortunately, rudimentary goalkeeping skills weren't his strong point and he sold the jerseys against Aberdeen and Celtic before returning to the Faroes due to homesickness. He hadn't been picked up by two Premiership clubs though and was a fair bit older, if I remember correctly. I suppose Nielsen could go either way but just a word of warning that inspired international displays for the Faroe Islands are pretty unreliable.

Am i right to say that Motherwell still don't know what's happening with Higdon, Hately and McFadden? What on earth is taking so long? We told Paul McGowan we weren't waiting for him for much longer 2 weeks ago, then he signed. Why are The Well and McCall happy to kick their heels why these three take their time? Surely its affecting the acquisition of potential replacements?

he played for us in at least 1 game I mind

That was Artur Krysiak you're thinking of Busta. Nielsen was on loan for the first half of the season but didn't play, then went back to Blackburn. Krysiak came in from Birmingham and played the last game of the season.

Archived