Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

Will some of the saving in wages/fee be used to keep Higdon or McFadden?

If Higdon is getting offers from elsewhere, they will be more than we can pay I'm sure - and surely he will want to cash in on the season he's just had. Faddy is an odd one - he is obviously a demi-god at Fir Park - but it will be interesting to see what kind of offers he gets from down south this summer - but I really can't see him staying at this stage in his career.

We've got a (very) finite budget, which we have made fantastic use of recently and I'd rather McCall rebuilt the team in a balanced way rather than spunking the cash on a marquee signing to the detriment of the squad overall no matter how much affection we've got for them. 'Well will be a reasonably attractive option for young players and decent journeymen - so we shouldn't be short of options in the summer - I just wish Higdon, Hateley and Faddy would confirm their departures now and let us get on with it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A magnificent 0 goals as well.

Proof, if proof were needed, that the posters on Steelmen Online (who I seem to remember thought this player was some sort of demi-god before he signed) are complete idiots who know the square root of hee haw about football.

Seething.

The whole thing was hilarious and dodgy as hell in equal measures, I seem to remember someone pointing out that Brown and Casagolda shared an agent. Said agent (or pal of the agent) came onto Steelmen and started insisting that he was a goal machine. Ridiculous, bring him back.

Accidentally just looked at the Motherwell Facebook page, where people appear to be having colossal breakdowns because Ojamaa is leaving. Quite funny, actually.

Proof, if proof were needed, that the posters on Steelmen Online (who I seem to remember thought this player was some sort of demi-god before he signed) are complete idiots who know the square root of hee haw about football.

^^^ Gang whooshed.

I dunno, that was getting bandied about by some furious bigot after we cuffed them, wasn't it?

Given where that came from, I'd say 'definitely'.

Look - it's bad enough we're losing all our favourites at the moment without dredging memories of Casagolda up again to really depress me! :)

^^^ Gang whooshed.

There was folk on there desperate to sign him, mainly because we hadn't signed anyone else before the transfer window closed/slammed shut.

Just seen the seethe on facebook. Some of the "trust in the club" nutters are really annoying, these type of idiot supporters that never criticise the club and allow things to spiral out of control (see the Rangers supporters that lapped up all their success and never questioning David Murray's running of the club for instance) should be seen and not heard.

The clubs financial model of having to sell one player a season to balance the books (something McCall has said numerous times) is insanity. What if the players the manager brings in are hopeless (Omar Daley and Steve Jones immediately spring to mind), the young players either don't make it or get injured or players leave on a Bosman and the club makes another loss? And if those easily possible situations continue for 2-3 seasons (again possible) then the clubs bank balance can't be looking good.

We've clearly overspent this season (hence the financial loss in the results) and the club needs to cut its cloth accordingly and live within its means. I wouldn't allow money raised by the fans to be used to bail the club out unless they reduce their costs. The board, and in particular the chief exec, have difficult questions to answer and I have grave doubts the Well Society members on the board will be asking the right ones.

If Higdon is getting offers from elsewhere, they will be more than we can pay I'm sure - and surely he will want to cash in on the season he's just had. Faddy is an odd one - he is obviously a demi-god at Fir Park - but it will be interesting to see what kind of offers he gets from down south this summer - but I really can't see him staying at this stage in his career.

We've got a (very) finite budget, which we have made fantastic use of recently and I'd rather McCall rebuilt the team in a balanced way rather than spunking the cash on a marquee signing to the detriment of the squad overall no matter how much affection we've got for them. 'Well will be a reasonably attractive option for young players and decent journeymen - so we shouldn't be short of options in the summer - I just wish Higdon, Hateley and Faddy would confirm their departures now and let us get on with it.

Aye, totally agree. Whilst I don't want to chase anyone out the club, if they're going, go already and let us get on with rebuilding.

Aye, totally agree. Whilst I don't want to chase anyone out the club, if they're going, go already and let us get on with rebuilding.

Exactly - all 3 will go with my best wishes and I genuinely hope they all go on to do well - but we need to know what we are replacing and if these guys are hoping to hedge their bets over the summer, we need to cut them loose as it will be damaging for us if we hang about too long.

Exactly - all 3 will go with my best wishes and I genuinely hope they all go on to do well - but we need to know what we are replacing and if these guys are hoping to hedge their bets over the summer, we need to cut them loose as it will be damaging for us if we hang about too long.

Aye, totally.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/406616/Iain-Vigurs-heading-for-Motherwell

Says a medical has been passed and a move is 'close'.

Don't worry though, McCall has gone on holiday and talks are apparently on hold giving other teams plenty of time to swoop in and offer him a better deal.

Would be a great signing if it came off but I'm afraid I can't get too excited as we're all set up for another Ryan Stevenson scenario.

Vigurs I would be pleased with - a decent player at our level I think. Motherwell are usually very quiet about these types of situations - so I assume his agent is trying to drum up some last minute interest.....As above, I'll wait until it's done and dusted before getting too excited.

Vigurs will be a great signing for Motherwell. Would have loved Saints to have got him to replace Liam Craig but I think he made it pretty clear in January that he wasn't really interested when we offered him a pre-contract.

If Vigurs wants to play for Motherwell, tell him to sign today.

If he doesn't sign today, tell him to f**k off.

I'm sick fed up with players ripping the pure pish.

The same goes for Higdon and McFadden, sign or fucking do one.

Archived