Motherwell FC Summer Transfer Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lech Poznan have supposedly made another bid for Ojamaa. I'd already come to terms with all of our out of contract players leaving, if Ojamaa leaves I'll be devastated. I love the little the man.

£175,000 with add ons is the talk in the paper. Sadly if we can't get Henrik and Hutchinson to sign contract extensions we might have to sell them both this summer if we want to get decent money for them.

I'd like to think the club would at least speak to them about adding another year each to try and protect us, even if they have no intention of seeing it out. We get that extra bit of security and a stronger bargaining position when it comes to selling them and they both get a decent wee bump in wages on the understanding they'll get their move if an acceptable bid comes in. Much like Dundee United did with David Goodwillie.

Sounds so simple in an ideal world, however I imagine in reality their contracts will wind down and we'll get a paltry fee a la Murphy and Reynolds.

Ojamaa is definitely one that I would be sad to see go as when he is in the mood, he's an great player to watch. The wider issue is that by removing Ojamaa, Humphrey, Murphy and (to a lesser extent) Law - you are taking a lot of the pace out of the team - something that has really served us well over the past couple of years where we can hit on the break really effectively. In SPL terms, it's unusual to have as many quick players as we did and that is not something that is easy to replace.

That said - if the supposed add-ons are realistic and really could net us £400k - there is not a chance that we can say no to that type of money....

Henrik would be much harder to replace than any of the out of contract players. There simply isn't many footballers like him. But if you were him,would you really like to play in an eastern European diddy league?

As opposed to the western powerhouse league he currently finds himself in?

As opposed to the western powerhouse league he currently finds himself in?

But here he has the chance of joining an English or bigger European league after a few good years, what's the next step up from the Polish leagues? Back to the German lower leagues where he started probably!

Good to see us not cave in at the first bid (and this is the 2nd bid overall as they were in during the last window). I assume that the add-ons weren't very good or that they balance between up-front and add-ons wasn't to the club's liking. Interesting to see what Poznan do now.

Good to see us not cave in at the first bid (and this is the 2nd bid overall as they were in during the last window). I assume that the add-ons weren't very good or that they balance between up-front and add-ons wasn't to the club's liking. Interesting to see what Poznan do now.

They'll turn their backs and bounce about like fannies I would imagine.

is it possible that the club are doing a dundee united and making fake transfer stories up to generate interest a bit like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18027438

after having to sell reynolds and murphy for £150k it is nuts to knock back a decent offer when they are having to borrow money from the society to get through the season.

is it possible that the club are doing a dundee united and making fake transfer stories up to generate interest a bit like this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18027438

after having to sell reynolds and murphy for £150k it is nuts to knock back a decent offer when they are having to borrow money from the society to get through the season.

I thought the money they took from the 'Well Society was to cover gaps in cash-flow at specific points in the season - a free overdraft to replace the Bank of Boyle. I'd rather they used those funds in that way if it means we don't need to jump at every transfer bid (which was also an explicitly stated aim of the "stability fund"or whatever they call it).

I thought the money they took from the 'Well Society was to cover gaps in cash-flow at specific points in the season - a free overdraft to replace the Bank of Boyle. I'd rather they used those funds in that way if it means we don't need to jump at every transfer bid (which was also an explicitly stated aim of the "stability fund"or whatever they call it).

there was an article in the program at the ross county game saying that the society achievements include "Facilitating a cash injection to the club to alleviate a temporary cash flow shortfall by purchasing 150,000 'A' shares, representing 6% of its share ownership"

to me that reads like the society bought shares from the club rather than loaned them money which would put the society further away from the required total to take control. why are shares being purchased that boyle gifted to the fans?

i sent an email yesterday asking for this to be cleared up but have had no reply as yet.

there was an article in the program at the ross county game saying that the society achievements include "Facilitating a cash injection to the club to alleviate a temporary cash flow shortfall by purchasing 150,000 'A' shares, representing 6% of its share ownership"

to me that reads like the society bought shares from the club rather than loaned them money which would put the society further away from the required total to take control. why are shares being purchased that boyle gifted to the fans?

i sent an email yesterday asking for this to be cleared up but have had no reply as yet.

Interesting. That isn't the way it was portrayed originally as far as I understood it. My understanding of it (when I sunk my money into it) was that there was a "reserve" of money raised from/controlled by the 'Well society that the club had the ability to call on to help with cash flow, the logical extension being that when the club had the money they were waiting for (eg TV cash), the reserve would be topped back up. I thought that when that Reserve hit the target of 1.5m or whatever, the shares gifted by Boyle would be transferred - I distinctly don't remember reading anything about the shares being sold to the society.

It may be that this was the intention all the time - for the money to be transferred permanently to the club in exchange for the purchase of shares & eventual majority control when the correct % is hit - but it's fair to say that this part of it has not been explained clearly (either by accident or design). I guess the interpretation is whether Boyle gifted his shares to the "club" (in which case, I guess they will have the right to monetize them) or to the fans (in which case, it seems like a bit of a stretch to try to sell them to those same fans via the 'Well society) - I am presuming that it's the former. Assuming you share it - I'm looking forward to the response from the club/society.

Interesting. That isn't the way it was portrayed originally as far as I understood it. My understanding of it (when I sunk my money into it) was that there was a "reserve" of money raised from/controlled by the 'Well society that the club had the ability to call on to help with cash flow, the logical extension being that when the club had the money they were waiting for (eg TV cash), the reserve would be topped back up. I thought that when that Reserve hit the target of 1.5m or whatever, the shares gifted by Boyle would be transferred - I distinctly don't remember reading anything about the shares being sold to the society.

It may be that this was the intention all the time - for the money to be transferred permanently to the club in exchange for the purchase of shares & eventual majority control when the correct % is hit - but it's fair to say that this part of it has not been explained clearly (either by accident or design). I guess the interpretation is whether Boyle gifted his shares to the "club" (in which case, I guess they will have the right to monetize them) or to the fans (in which case, it seems like a bit of a stretch to try to sell them to those same fans via the 'Well society) - I am presuming that it's the former. Assuming you share it - I'm looking forward to the response from the club/society.

my understanding is the same as yours. the shares have been gifted to the society by boyle and are currently being held in trust until the society has funds of £1.5m which will allow it safely take control of the club.

if the society is buying shares from the club than that moves the amount required to be raised beyond £1.5m, presumably by a fair distance. if i don't get a response i will be contacting board members directly and i will certainly share the response. in my email i also suggested that communicating these kinds of details is vital to keep the members engaged within the society.

But here he has the chance of joining an English or bigger European league after a few good years, what's the next step up from the Polish leagues? Back to the German lower leagues where he started probably!

Didn't Lewandowski go from Poznan to Dortmund? Not that I think Henrik could make it there, but one of those clubs that tend to bounce around the top 2 German leagues could be a nice place to play your fitba

my understanding is the same as yours. the shares have been gifted to the society by boyle and are currently being held in trust until the society has funds of £1.5m which will allow it safely take control of the club.

if the society is buying shares from the club than that moves the amount required to be raised beyond £1.5m, presumably by a fair distance. if i don't get a response i will be contacting board members directly and i will certainly share the response. in my email i also suggested that communicating these kinds of details is vital to keep the members engaged within the society.

The grand total of £1 was spent on the 'purchase' of shares.

My understanding of it (when I sunk my money into it) was that there was a "reserve" of money raised from/controlled by the 'Well society that the club had the ability to call on to help with cash flow, the logical extension being that when the club had the money they were waiting for (eg TV cash), the reserve would be topped back up.

That is correct. The money shuttles back and forward as required. The cash will always belong to the Society though.

Archived