Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

It's not the new manager's fault that the squad is woeful for a team wanting to be the best in Scotland though.

There's been a cancer growing at Celtic for years, manifesting in massively overpaying for bang average players, and bringing in and keeping shitehawks with no drive and determination. Later years Lennon the absolute poster boy for lack of professionalism and competence.

The same was true of Rangers for a long time, particularly  although regrettably Gerrard has managed to stop the rot. 

Not surprising Ange hasn't stopped the rot immediately, not sure anyone could have. Not sure he'll be the man to stop it full stop though.

Edited by FrankChickens1

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think he should throw his cat in the ring or produce a rabbit from somewhere.

When he does that... when the cows come home to roost and the flagpole gets the cat's cream, then and only then will he know that there is no "I" in tomb and that his Mars is oot the windy. 

Ffs, Celtic, the coefficient.... 

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I get the feeling that Ange doesn't appreciate how big a job this is or how big a club Celtic are.

The back line tonight and indeed in the first leg is the worst Celtic defence since at least the early 90s.

Combine that with a Scottish Championship level striker, a complete waster and a star striker that has completely gave up trying.

Unless Ange pulls some hats out the bag, spliting the OF once again is a massive possibility for Hibs or Aberdeen (if their performance in Europe wasn't a one off).

I can't see how he takes the blame for the state of the squad though. There's not a chance that's the team he wants to go with. That back four and keeper wouldn't get a game for Aberdeen.

I watched the game last night and I was quite shocked at the back four they put out with Ralston, Welsh, Murray and Taylor. They apparently had an average age of 21. That's unacceptable at that level.

I'm not exactly up to date with their transfer dealings, but was there only one new lad playing last night? Abada? They will be further behind Rangers if they don't strengthen pronto. A pretty staggering achievement if we roll the clock back a couple of years.

Edited by Pete83

14 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

He has been in charge a month or so he has had time to bring players in he hasn't now is that him or is lennon right the board make the decisions mind u it took 5 months to get this manager in lol emoji6.pngemoji848.pngemoji38.png

Please don't reply to me again. Reading that has given me an aneurysm.

25 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

What was it celtic fans said when rangers played in the europa league oh yeah that's a Diddy cup we like to play with the big boys oh guess what it's time for u to play with the little boys / girls to be fair u lot are used to that anyway emoji38.pngemoji1787.pngemoji23.pngemoji81.png

23 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

He has been in charge a month or so he has had time to bring players in he hasn't now is that him or is lennon right the board make the decisions mind u it took 5 months to get this manager in lol emoji6.pngemoji848.pngemoji38.png

The Office Reaction GIF