Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

I just cannot get my head around what the Celtic board are seeing on the park to make them think this can be turned around by Lennon.

I mean, I'm not complaining, but I've just no idea what they're seeing.

Sell players on the cheap this Summer and the fans won't complain about "chucking those shitebags"?

When Celtic started describing themselves as a club like no other, it's fair to say none of us would have predicted that would actually mean setting themselves alight then launching themselves headfirst into the bantersphere in a way not even the staunchest *** could have dreamt of.

So fair play for that. Ten in a row is effectively being ended as a telt to their own fans. Absolutely mental scenes.

I just cannot get my head around what the Celtic board are seeing on the park to make them think this can be turned around by Lennon.

No idea, Celtic have been poor all season by their standards and it was obvious to everyone early this season that they’re not the team they were. Rangers have obviously been far stronger than anyone expected and like you I can’t see why they haven’t binned Lennon, had Rangers been more inconsistent he might have had a chance of time to turn it around. After the Prague double header that was really their last chance to try and salvage 10IAR. 2 wins in 12 would have most fans calling for the managers head let alone the 9 times champions who’ve won the last 11 trophies. I can only assume Desmond doesn’t want to fork out the cash for compensation, a new management team and new transfers and he’s already conceded the league is lost.

27 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think it's more of a case of what they are seeing, and what they are seeing are fans having a massive temper tantrum and demanding the club do what they want, and are naturally bristling at the idea of being told what to do, hence the GIRUY. As for football reasons, only thing I can think of is because he knows the players and they trust he'll be able to get them playing the way they were previously despite the lack of evidence showing that he can.

I get the thing behind wanting to make a point to your fans (kind of), but ultimately there just comes a point where you have to make the best decision for your club, regardless of what the fans say. And even if Lennon turns it around from here, this is very clearly the wrong decision at this point in time.

The only bad thing about this current scenario is that Celtic are so far off the pace it's going to end up a procession in the New Year robbing us of that one single, laser focused heads gone moment.

I genuinely dont know if I can remember a Premiership campaign looking so done and dusted this early, in terms of form/any indication whatsoever that there is even an ounce of fight in the languishing team.

25 minutes ago, Perkin Flump said:

We are going to let everyone down on Sunday & I am stupidly grumpy about it before it has even happened.

It's a style that Killie are very good at exploiting - Celtic are a chaotic team vulnerable to counter attacks that cannot break down a low block.

I'm at the stage where I kinda expect Killie to take something from this tbh. Though you can't rule out one of Celtic's players winning it with a moment of magic.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Sell players on the cheap this Summer and the fans won't complain about "chucking those shitebags"?

They're going to have to sell players in January, never mind the summer. January is your last shot at getting full value for most of these assets because of the contract lengths.

But even then, if you sold them in the summer at a discount on the basis of "We kept everyone here to throw everything at winning the league" I think most Celtic fans wouldn't be that bothered.

only thing i can think of is maybe that theyve had an informal nudge nudge wink wink sounding out to see who might be interested and there's no-one they fancy/anyone they've contacted has told them they arent interested, so they're going to try to just ride it out a bit longer?

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

That was all of them.

I was thinking that as well. Can’t think of one them that thought that Logan wasn’t at fault, and that continues to this day. Of course, they all hate Shay for other reasons.

43 minutes ago, G51 said:

I think it's more the lack of seeing a credible long term replacement that's their issue. Who is taking the job now, I'm sure they will get someone decent next summer but no credible manager would take the job now and surely it's not in their mid term interests to shell out on some Martin O Neil or Strachan stopgap considering they will be expecting a loss of income over the next few years as the folding of the pack of cards occurs. 

Also for what it's worth I don't think the celtc board are keeping Lennon to spite their moronic fans, I think that theory sounds nice but it's unlikely the case. 

Also I want to dispel this idea that Rangers form is unexpected or should come as some big surprise..

1 minute ago, Stormzy said:

Also for what it's worth I don't think the celtc board are keeping Lennon to spite their moronic fans, I think that theory sounds nice but it's unlikely the case. 

Also I want to dispel this idea that Rangers form is unexpected or should come as some big surprise..

Our results are similar to what they were in the first half of last year, but the performances and underlying numbers have taken a huge jump. So I take your point, it's not unreasonable to think we'd have this kind of points total but we're a different beast on the park this year.

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I think you have to do more than say "I want to dispel this idea" to actually dispel an idea. Otherwise it's just like saying you've been for a poo: that's nice dear but it doesn't really affect anything for anyone else.

I would imagine that the “quadruple treble” is at the forefront of the Celtic board’s thinking at the moment, as it is less than two weeks away. If they sack Lennon and lose the final , I know it’s Hearts and Aberdeen would be Celtic’s only other preferred opponents, they would get heavily criticised. If they keep Lennon and lose the final they will get heavily criticised. I would imagine that they have tossed a coin for their decision.

3 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

I think you have to do more than say "I want to dispel this idea" to actually dispel an idea. Otherwise it's just like saying you've been for a poo: that's nice dear but it doesn't really affect anything for anyone else.

Fair enough, I was confident of the fact Rangers would do well this year and knew especially after the transfer window that we had the better squad, especially after being robbed of the chance of actually winning the league last year, I know others that thought similar, you can speak about other people being surprised Rangers are good right now but I don't think it's come as a surprise to many Rangers fans.

27 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The only bad thing about this current scenario is that Celtic are so far off the pace it's going to end up a procession in the New Year robbing us of that one single, laser focused heads gone moment.

I genuinely dont know if I can remember a Premiership campaign looking so done and dusted this early, in terms of form/any indication whatsoever that there is even an ounce of fight in the languishing team.

I mean Celtic's Invincibles season was only about 3/4 years ago.