Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

16 minutes ago, Romeo said:

"PRESS BLACKOUT AS NO COURIER AT GAME"

I mean, giving zero access routes to the match to our fans, media team, and journalists, is literally a "blackout" to St Johnstone fans.

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

As for the match reports, they're generally just talking about everything from a Celtic perspective. The Courier have been doing great big articles through the week about the previous game aswell. Its also the only game this season they've banned non-Glasgow journalists from.

I'm pretty sure someone at the Courier will still have the ability to watch the match and write a match report.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm pretty sure someone at the Courier will still have the ability to watch the match and write a match report.

By the sounds of it, they havent been given any official way to view it, which is the issue.

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

By the sounds of it, they havent been given any official way to view it, which is the issue.

It will be like the old days, getting the outcome via the classified results then waiting to see if it is covered on Sportscene.  Retro.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic have banned all but a select few, hand picked, journalists from the match on Sunday.

They're literally trying to block anyone but season ticket holders being able to watch the match as, presumably, they want to make sure they can create their own narrative around what happened.

Lawwell going full Stalin?

56 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Banning the press is sooo Rangersy.

Has anyone mentioned that Rangers haven't banned anyone yet?

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Lawwell going full Stalin?

Has anyone mentioned that Rangers haven't banned anyone yet?

If we haven’t, we should. Banning the BBC is big dog behaviour, just ask Sir Alex.

Edited by G51

1 hour ago, Romeo said:

f**k knows what the board are up to here. There will still be plenty of press and it's streamed worldwide on Celtic TV so I think the "so no one gets to see it" is obviously not the case?

I wonder if the club will reply?

eta; What's the PA?

Protestant Alliance

33 minutes ago, ropy said:

It will be like the old days, getting the outcome via the classified results then waiting to see if it is covered on Sportscene.  Retro.

As RandomGuy said himself, the average age of St Johnstone support is about 90 so this is what they'll have known most of their life. Celtic are actually making it "like the good ol' days". They should be nominated for an outreach reward. 

45 minutes ago, ropy said:

Men in flat caps huddled in the rain outside Radio Rentals, peering through the misted glass as the half-times come in, before heading back in to the pub. Happy days.

15 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Is it still pretty much impossible to find an illegal stream of Celtic's home games?

I’ve never had a problem finding one. Typing ‘Celtic Live’ into YouTube or Facebook usually brings one up if hesgoal isn’t playing. 

I’ve never had a problem finding one. Typing ‘Celtic Live’ into YouTube or Facebook usually brings one up if hesgoal isn’t playing. 
I couldn't get one for our game last season and later found out that Celtic had done a lot of work to ensure there were no streams. Was just asking as it seems really shite to persist with it while locking away fans out.