Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

See, attitudes like this are why wee teams like Edinburgh City can't progress through the leagues. There are loads of folk who live closer to Meadowbank yet they're jumping on their fancy trams to go to Tynecastle instead.
Well if they went to Meadowbank instead of Tyncastle they wouldn't be watching any football at all.

3 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
4 hours ago, G51 said:
See, attitudes like this are why wee teams like Edinburgh City can't progress through the leagues. There are loads of folk who live closer to Meadowbank yet they're jumping on their fancy trams to go to Tynecastle instead.

Well if they went to Meadowbank instead of Tyncastle they wouldn't be watching any football at all.

They’d have a long wait for a tram as well.

5 hours ago, G51 said:

That's fair, we should be using this thread for it's intended purpose.

Time to bring back a classic of the genre: Leigh Griffiths being asked about his thoughts on whether the Earth is round.

https://twitter.com/GarryCarmody/status/1020649896498561025?s=20

Off the top of my head I don't know the answer to that, and neither does Leigh coz the top of his head is flat.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

6 hours ago, G51 said:

There are three SPFL teams in Edinburgh. Don't try and excuse those glory hunting Jambos and Hibees when they should be supporting Edinburgh City.

Except they're not glory hunting because

1- they are supporting a club in their home city

2- Hearts and Hibs don't win every week so no glory hunter would follow them. 

Is there folk thinking choosing the highest ranked club in the actual area you live in is the same as folk from all over Scotland clamouring to support 2 clubs from Glasgow who just happen to be the most successful, and in many cases being sporadic or complete non attendees of live games?

Holy f**k.

On 01/12/2020 at 12:31, Stormzy said:

Aye it's simplistic nonsense. I was born in Leeds, moved away at 2 and moved to Scotland at the age of 5, "local team" in the Scottish Borders???

My dad was Glasgow born and raised as was his father before him, took me to games at a young age... the idea that I would support anyone else but my dads team is ridiculous. 

To the guy that said he cringes hearing accents at Ibrox that aren't from Glasgow, what a pitiful person you are. 

Nah, if I hear a Rangers or Celtic fan with an East of Scotland accent I just don't view them as a proper football fan. 

It’s tempting for supporters of smaller clubs to condemn people who spurn the charms of their local clubs in favour of Celtic or Rangers

But if one stops to consider that the alternative would be the increased risk of sitting next to “that sort of person” at your own teams games then the situation suddenly appears more complex

I think it's more those who have picked rangers or celtic, would slag fans of smaller clubs yet would have a nosebleed if they left their own postcode that deserve the ire.
I knew a few lads who would be up at the crack of dawn every other weekend to go down to a home game.

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
10 hours ago, G51 said:

Razed to the ground " under the cover of covid restrictions "

22 hours ago, G51 said:

Incredible thread this.

https://twitter.com/CFC_Anon/status/1333896663199584258?s=20

For anyone who doesn't know the context - this guy apparently works in Celtic's data/analysis department and set up an account to discredit a Celtic fan who was pointing out that the data showed Celtic were going to be terrible back in August. He subsequently posted sensitive proprietary info about Celtic's players. He's now offering fans calling for Lennon to be sacked a square go in Stepford Place.

But they don't analyse !?

I can’t decide what’s worse...

Being an armchair old firm fan and claiming to be a football expert (despite never going to games) or travelling for ages to support one of the cheeks when there’s a club on your doorstep in need of your support. 

10 hours ago, ewan14 said:

But they don't analyse !?

Ewan. There's a plus sign to the left of the Quote button that you've been clicking. Click that beside every post you want to quote, and it sticks them all into a single easy-to-ignore post. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

I can’t decide what’s worse...
Being an armchair old firm fan and claiming to be a football expert (despite never going to games) or travelling for ages to support one of the cheeks when there’s a club on your doorstep in need of your support. 
Definitely mutants that travel and pour money into these cults

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Ewan. There's a plus sign to the left of the Quote button that you've been clicking. Click that beside every post you want to quote, and it sticks them all into a single easy-to-ignore post. 

Ignored