Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

But there seems to be an argument here around the CL etc that what Scottish football needs is failure. Failure is good, failure makes us all the same, failure will lead to competition and excitement.

Listen, I get this argument.

I get the idea that we should aim high, be inspired by others' success and aspire to improve. Leaving aside such worthy and unrealistic in this context notions however, how do you see us instilling competition and excitement?

You cannot disguise or hide from the wild unevenness of our game and I'm sorry to say that a levelling down is necessary as an upward one capable of bridging the gap is not, to my mind, financially possible.

I'm thrilled that Celtic bombed last night because I don't like them.

I'm also delighted because it might prevent the dreadful imbalance getting any worse.

These reasons are perfectly compatible.

I wonder whether the rangers fans are developing a new narrative based on " Scottish football is shit, it needs a strong rangers to compete"

They wanted Armageddon , but thankfully the game has had a new lease of life breathed into it since they exited ignominiously.

They are scrambling for facts / results to fit this narrative hence the discussion on this thread.

I wonder whether the rangers fans are developing a new narrative based on " Scottish football is shit, it needs a strong rangers to compete" They wanted Armageddon , but thankfully the game has had a new lease of life breathed into it since they exited ignominiously. They are scrambling for facts / results to fit this narrative hence the discussion on this thread.

There's something in that, but in all honesty, not many Rangers fans have contributed to the discussion on this thread.

It's been more of a debate between diddies.