Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

As many of you know I love my Scottish Football and going to games over the last few seasons has given me a new perspective on the game up there and the old firm in particular.

I hear fans down here saying things like 'its a disaster for the Scottish game that Rangers are in the lower leagues' or 'Its a disaster for the Scottish game that Celtic did not get to the Champions League group stages' and 'its a disaster for Scottish football that Hearts and Hibs got relegated'.

What I see is St Johnstone fans celebrating a Scottish Cup, Aberdeen fans celebrating a Scottish League Cup, Raith beating Rangers in a cup final. Inverness top of the Premier League. Dundee and Hamilton playing in the big league. Queen of the South getting their hands on some silverware and giving three of the so called big boys a run for their money in the league at the start of the season.

Am I right in thinking that its really just a 'disaster' for the old firm (and their Edinburgh cousins) and the rest of you are loving every bloody minute of it?

I know I am. Scottish Football has rarely been this interesting.

Glad you have finally opened the trap door and got some sort of pyramid organised as well. That has been great for the lower leagues in England and will do the same in Scotland if you have the balls to stick with it. Football should always be a meritocracy not a closed shop.

Edited by Roker Rover

Manky b*****ds. Get it right up them, I really regret not getting the train home from Greenock tonight. The seethe from the manky hoardes in Central heading back to Greenock, Port Glasgow, Paisley etc would have been delicious.

As many of you know I love my Scottish Football and going to games over the last few seasons has given me a new perspective on the game up there and the old firm in particular.

I hear fans down here saying things like 'its a disaster for the Scottish game that Rangers are in the lower leagues' or 'Its a disaster for the Scottish game that Celtic did not get to the Champions League group stages' and 'its a disaster for Scottish football that Hearts and Hibs got relegated'.

What I see is St Johnstone fans celebrating a Scottish Cup, Aberdeen fans celebrating a Scottish League Cup, Raith beating Rangers in a cup final. Inverness top of the Premier League. Dundee and Hamilton playing in the big league. Queen of the South getting their hands on some silverware and giving three of the so called big boys a run for their money in the league at the start of the season.

Am I right in thinking that its really just a 'disaster' for the old firm (and their Edinburgh cousins) and the rest of you are loving every bloody minute of it?

Glad you have finally opened the trap door and got some sort of pyramid organised as well. That has been great for the lower leagues in England and will do the same in Scotland if you have the balls to stick with it. Football should always be a

meritocracy not a closed shop.

About sums it up for me :)

Edited by andrewh

Experts in failure. Even better to have 'Celtic-supporting' tinks from Port Glasgow (standard) in The Norseman after the game: playing a game of darts for their dive pub in the Port rather than actually attending to watch their team play in Europe. The biggest failures in Scottish football: and by far the most deserving 'fans' for their sheer misery.

A glorious evening.

What I see is St Johnstone fans celebrating a Scottish Cup,

:wub:

It's still a novelty. It probably always will be.

Glad you have finally opened the trap door and got some sort of pyramid organised as well. That has been great for the lower leagues in England and will do the same in Scotland if you have the balls to stick with it. Football should always be a meritocracy not a closed shop.

Superbly put sir/madam*. Fans in England repeat these phrases as that is all the media feed them. The satellite and commercial channels only care about the OF buck so continually spout disinformation to keep them happy whilst trying to recruit new followers. It's usually an ex-OF player coming out with it too. The rest of us have no chance. The BBC of course don't give a f**k about Scottish football or Scots living in England and are now promoting English woman's football and have promoted the FA Cup Sunday League teams rounds above it. Thank goodness there are a few free thinkers like yourself around. There are a couple at my work but most are of the brainwashed 'Scottish football = pub league' types unfortunately. My hat is duly tipped. :cheers

* delete where inappropriate