Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

It would be fucking tremendous if anyone involved with Celtic got a knighthood to watch the rage from the republicans if they accepted it.

Also, it would be good to see if the Queen hated Lennon as much as everyone else and whether she could resist the urge to 'accidentally' slip with the sword when dishing out his knighthood.

Disgraceful article.

"The guy at Queen of the South... "? That's pathetic he doesn't seem to know the name of one of the nominees.

Anyway, why should European achievement be considered for what is surely a domestic award based on based on domestic results? I may have missed something here though.

The media is just as much to blame. The level of sports journalism in scotland is atrocious.

The journalism in Scotland is murder. They pander to Celtic and Sevco fans which brings them down to the level of Celtic and Sevco fans. The dumber variants of these fans too.

“Would Everton be a step up? There’s no Champions League and I think Lenny wants to go further or as far as last year.

“Celtic are a big club, I know we’re a big club in a small goldfish bowl. I just hope he doesn’t go.

“Would he find it difficult to walk away? I think he would as he does enjoy it. Everton are not as big as Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham.

“Would he want to pursue these clubs or would he rather be at the top, winning the championship with Celtic?”

Is he seriously suggesting Lennon should hold out for one of the English big 4?
f**k off Grandad. What a doddering old fuckstick McGrain really is.

Disgraceful article.

"The guy at Queen of the South... "? That's pathetic he doesn't seem to know the name of one of the nominees.

Anyway, why should European achievement be considered for what is surely a domestic award based on based on domestic results? I may have missed something here though.

Doing well in Scotland with Celtic or Sevco should be a given. No manager of either of these clubs should ever receive the award, given the huge financial advantage they hold over the managers of other clubs. Edited by Scary Bear

Disgraceful article.

That actually really annoyed me! How dismissive of the guy who, in my view, has been by far the manager of the year. So disrespectful not even using his name but, of course, that's a calculated omission.

Good greif. Do Celtic's PR dept not brief their staff before giving interviews to the press? Celtic have come across as thick, mis-led and ill-informed in this whole end of season awards saga.

Edited by TheScarf

A vile, disgusting football club.

I should clarify that I didn't down-vote this because I'm offended. It's because anyone who uses the word 'vile', particularly when combined with 'disgusting', is an unimaginative histrionic dullard, desperately seeking attention & acceptance.

I think this exact quote was about 50% of Paulo Sergio's posts actually. GBNF.

Edited by The OP

I should clarify that I didn't down-vote this because I'm offended. It's because anyone who uses the word 'vile', particularly when combined with 'disgusting', is an unimaginative histrionic dullard, desperately seeking attention & acceptance.

This sums up about 99 percent of your posts however.

I in turn should clarify that I didn't up-vote this because I agreed with it. I just liked the phrase "histrionic dullard"

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

If Danny McGrain had put that on the internet, he'd be nothing more than a slavering old troll, but for it to appear in an actual newspaper sums up this country's sad excuse for media coverage.

It's sad but unfortunately not surprising.

I should clarify that I green dotted Patrick Bateman and red dotted you, simply because I could.

thepower.jpg