Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

On 10/06/2021 at 09:27, Mr. Alli said:

"We have been tracking him for years. He's someone we have always kept a keen eye on" 

Here's a 1 year deal, win the league you fucking bin man or you're out on your arse. 

3 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

He’s surpassed your expectations then? It’s not quite the league 

You're absolutely spot on, Jinky. Winning The Scottish Ken and Barbie doll cup isn't "quite" winning the league. 

My expectations of him were he's a poor appointment. At this point in time, he's exactly where I expected him to be. 

17 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You're absolutely spot on, Jinky. Winning The Scottish Ken and Barbie doll cup isn't "quite" winning the league. 

My expectations of him were he's a poor appointment. At this point in time, he's exactly where I expected him to be. 

You expected a manager whom in your opinion hasn’t managed in a level higher than the Scottish Championship before to turn around the bin fire that was Celtic and have them win the 1st trophy of the season but still believe he’s a poor appointment?

That is quite the take even for yourself.

Let’s bookmark this one for May, June, July or whenever we finish this season. 

You expected a manager whom in your opinion hasn’t managed in a level higher than the Scottish Championship before to turn around the bin fire that was Celtic and have them win the 1st trophy of the season but still believe he’s a poor appointment?
That is quite the take even for yourself.
Let’s bookmark this one for May, June, July or whenever we finish this season. 

I don’t think many people expected him to win the 1st trophy of the season until Hibs somehow beat Rangers at Hampden despite being in absolute free fall. After that even the most delusional hibs fans could see what was coming

The rounds before that were St Johnstone and Raith (both at Parkhead)two teams who may or may not be in the championship next season.

The Hearts side that Celtic beat at Parkhead in front of no away supporters was probably their only real hurdle of the campaign and that achievement is tempered by the defeat at Tynecastle a week prior

Had fixtures fallen differently you could have been 3 points closer to Rangers and we’d have had an easy path to the League Cup

Luckily for us we got 3 points instead

Sucks to be you

31 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

before to turn around the bin fire that was Celtic 

What has he "turned around"? 

You're still spending way more than everyone else and yet - are still some distance behind in the only thing that matters. You've been humiliated out of any half decent tournament in Europe, too. 

29 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

What has he "turned around"? 

You're still spending way more than everyone else and yet - are still some distance behind in the only thing that matters. You've been humiliated out of any half decent tournament in Europe, too. 

Europe was never going to be the barometer however In what way were humiliated in a group with the 3rd best teams at the time from La Liga and Bundesliga? Didn’t we also manage to amass more points also than any other Scottish team despite having a significantly harder group? Seems as if that’s an improvement on us finishing last the season prior and it was certainly much better to watch. So you are stretching a little here as you are with the some distance behind the only thing that matters quip. It’s not the only thing that matters, it’s not an end of days scenario if we don’t win the league this year however we win tomorrow it’s back to only 4 points and there is no reason at all we won’t beat Rangers on the 2nd if it goes ahead.

And what has he turned around? The squad whilst making a net profit, the mentality, the feeling amongst fans and some success. Did we ever at any point last season look capable of winning any trophy? Yet here we are 1 for 1 and 2 still very much possible. He’s done in his 1st attempt what the person he was being compared to across the city couldn’t do in 7 and win a major domestic cup which gives cause for optimism. 

You thought he would be gone by now, Celtics Caixinha, a Scottish Championship level manager, a fucking binman. You may need to accept you might have gotten this one wrong however you are much to staunch to admit that 

However come May we will see who is right 

91668B62-0E97-4F88-A200-99ED20972EBF.jpeg

Edited by Jinky67

41 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I don’t think many people expected him to win the 1st trophy of the season until Hibs somehow beat Rangers at Hampden despite being in absolute free fall. After that even the most delusional hibs fans could see what was coming

The rounds before that were St Johnstone and Raith (both at Parkhead)two teams who may or may not be in the championship next season.

The Hearts side that Celtic beat at Parkhead in front of no away supporters was probably their only real hurdle of the campaign and that achievement is tempered by the defeat at Tynecastle a week prior

Had fixtures fallen differently you could have been 3 points closer to Rangers and we’d have had an easy path to the League Cup

Luckily for us we got 3 points instead

Sucks to be you

The Hearts result was a bit of a freak, the Abada goal is allowed to stand and the game and outcome changes but these things happen in football and tend to balance themselves out just like what happened the other week when we played at Celtic Park so all good on that score.

The only result that really disappointed me so far was the draw to Dundee United at home, we should never have dropped points in that game 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Game has just finished and your jumping straight onto p&b to tag me, you craving my attention? 😉

Fair fucks to St Mirren they played a blinder considering 👍

I'm on nights with only the internet for entertainment mate. Thought it well worth a tag tbqh for all the time it took me. 

Another tag maybe..... 

@shull