Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

On 31/01/2021 at 07:01, afc_blockhead said:

Not at all 

Just mentioning some facts.

Really odd for a Raith fan to be so triggered by Aberdeen 😆

Well, I suppose I am a little "triggered" by Aberdeen.

It would be nice just for once to see a club (any fucking club) go on a decent run and at least mount a challenge for 2nd place. Here we are in a unique season and what a great opportunity to further embarrass a Celtic team imploding by the day. But nah, we're all to familiar with Aberfuckingdeen and their tendency to f**k things up.

Such a spineless club who in the grand scheme of things mean f**k all and are certainly no 3rd force. 

Mon the Hibs for 2nd.

1 minute ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

It would be nice just for once to see a club (any fucking club) go on a decent run and at least mount a challenge for 2nd place. Here we are in a unique season and what a great opportunity to further embarrass a Celtic team imploding by the day. But nah, we're all to familiar with Aberfuckingdeen and their tendency to f**k things up.

Such a spineless club who in the grand scheme of things mean f**k all and are certainly no 3rd force. 

Mon the Hibs for 2nd.

The Office Reaction GIF

5 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

While you're absolutely right that Lennon has failures at either end of this and that is hilarious, it's not true to say Rangers were drastically curtailing outgoings in 2010/11. While Celtic spent more, they spent about £6M that summer including £4M on Nikica Jelavic. In all but one of the four seasons with Smith in charge they spent more on transfers than they received - a significant reduction in spending never happened.

Still, the point stands that if Celtic hadn't got their managerial appointments so badly wrong after Strachan they could have already been on consecutive titles. None of the hagiographies of Lawwell in the media seem to have mentioned Celtic's appalling track record in managerial appointments in his tenure - Strachan, Mowbray, Lennon, Deila, Rodgers then Lennon again. Two good appointments out of seven in an era when they could have been establishing themselves as an insurmountably dominant force in Scotland and a fixture in the Champions League.

Yes, that's probably fair.  "Drastic curtailment" probably wasn't the correct phrase.  I certainly recall that they were even trying to re-sign Daniel Cousin in the days immediately before entering admin.

At the same time though, I thought debt had been reduced along the lines outlined by Bennett.  I do remember the bleating about Lloyds making all the decisions, while fans hilariously claimed to "deserve better".

I think where Lennon deserves blame for that era too, is that Celtic were financially stronger than Rangers by then, but he still managed to lose the title.  

1 hour ago, Steakngravys Maw said:

Mon the Hibs for 2nd.

Rangers fans like Hibs? 

Odd but ok. Hate to tell you this but that club has a phrase named after them based on bottling every big game (see St Johnstone semi final in the past fortnight).

Also the Sevco franchise lost to St Mirren in the cup with Celtic already out no? Sounds like bottling to me.

Plus Sevco spending tens of millions again to not win any trophy in the past 2 seasons (plus at least 1 of 3 this season) sounds like bottling to me too.

49 minutes ago, afc_blockhead said:

Rangers fans like Hibs? 

Odd but ok. Hate to tell you this but that club has a phrase named after them based on bottling every big game (see St Johnstone semi final in the past fortnight).

Also the Sevco franchise lost to St Mirren in the cup with Celtic already out no? Sounds like bottling to me.

Plus Sevco spending tens of millions again to not win any trophy in the past 2 seasons (plus at least 1 of 3 this season) sounds like bottling to me too.

Finish 2nd and I'll take it all back.

7 hours ago, bennett said:

I was sure that we sold more than we spent during Walter's second spell in charge. Debt was brought down from around £60m to under £18m, maybe I'm remembering it wrong. 

You are remembering it wrong

2 hours ago, afc_blockhead said:

Rangers fans like Hibs? 

I think it is your team that is associated with bottles when playing 9iar Celtic

We do infinitely better in cup competitions in recent times than yourselves

19 minutes ago, ewan14 said:

I think it is your team that is associated with bottles when playing 9iar Celtic

We do infinitely better in cup competitions in recent times than yourselves

😆 

You lost to St Johnstone in a semi final 3 nil literally within the last few weeks. You lost the other semi this season to a lower division rival who dominate you (more bottle issues against them).

You lost cup finals to Livingston and Ross County in recent memory.

You bottle playing Aberdeen almost every time - 3 wins against us in the last 24 games going back to 2012).

Also. "Hibsed it".

We lost some finals to a team who have won everything in Scotland for years.

Nice try 😆

celtic have invented their time zone, CPT .. celtic park time.

🍀
#𝙇𝙄𝙑𝘾𝙀𝙇 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙘𝙝𝙙𝙖𝙮

🍀

🆚
Livingston

🏆
Scottish Premiership

⌚
20:15 CPT

🏟
Tony Macaroni Arena

🚫
Behind closed doors

💻
Live on @CelticTV (ex. UK & IRE)

📺
Live on @ScotlandSky #COYBIG

🟢

Edited by bennett

This is probably too tragic to laugh at.  It's Roger Mitchell, erstwhile head of The SPL, casting the loss of The Ten not as a footballing blip but as a failure of the Catholic people of Glasgow to fulfil their ambitions.  The entire prosody is that of regret and a sense of failure for what could have been:

This is probably too tragic to laugh at.  It's Roger Mitchell, erstwhile head of The SPL, casting the loss of The Ten not as a footballing blip but as a failure of the Catholic people of Glasgow to fulfil their ambitions.  The entire prosody is that of regret and a sense of failure for what could have been:

He’s doing “Walking Away” apparently

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wow - I always used to think Roger Mitchell was quite a strange man, and also very, very pleased with himself and the sound of his own voice.  Spending 2 minutes skim-reading his Twitter confirmed both of those impressions to be accurate, plus a big dose of Celtic bestteamintheworldbestfansintheworldparadisecelticdaft exceptionalism.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Is he not just in the Tommy Sheridan mould of playing to the lunatic galleries? An attention seeking fuckwit.